PDA

View Full Version : Weapon issue: shell types

Gualty
04-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I've noticed a boring issue with shell types while using cannon (tanks, ATGun, and so on)

It's not rare that enemy (Ai or humans) use a good mix of infantry and tanks-veichles during an offense.

Everytime i switch a cannon (most of the time the powerful gun at disposal) in direct control mode i find it loaded with HE shell.

This because the IA of the units maybe choose the closer target, or the more deadly for the unit itself and most of the time is infantry...

Switching to AP costs preciuos time, and sometimes turns the fate of the entire battle.

I've tried to fill the cannon only with AP Shells, but lots of them are wasted vs infantry...

I hope it's not difficult to add in the next patch a command to order your cannons to keep targeting and firing only armored incoming units.

It will add more strategy to let the players to choose this option or not, cause cannons in "armored" mode will need some other units to provide cover for incoming enemy infantry (like mg's, other cannons in free mode, or good long range infantry units like sniper and rifles).

Let me know your opinion about it, or if there is already a tip to solve this, or u'll never encounter problems with it.

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language. ;)

Cyrussm
04-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Very nice idea, I would like to see that happening too.