PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic campaiphn editor error

ComRade707@russia
04-17-2009, 04:06 AM
someone plz help when i copy and pste caimpaiphn in mods folder then i run the exe it says campiaghn not responding of course i have vista i have all the programs it needs and idk plz help:-x:confused: :-x:

Zeke Wolff
04-17-2009, 07:20 PM
someone plz help when i copy and pste caimpaiphn in mods folder then i run the exe it says campiaghn not responding of course i have vista i have all the programs it needs and idk plz help:-x:confused: :-x:

Not sure what you mean exactly with "copy and paste"? Do you mean that you copy the campaign.exe icon and tries to run it from the desktop? If so, then do this way instead - Right click on the icon instead and choose "Send to desktop" ie you´ll be creating a shortcut and it should work.

I´m sorry if I misunderstood your question.

~Zeke.

redsplash168
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I had the same problem while using vista. Try right clicking on it and running as admin.

BushkillMark
08-30-2009, 01:43 AM
I had the same problem while using vista. Try right clicking on it and running as admin.
Tried to run as admin and still get "not responding". I've installed all the Windows files and followed the directions to the letter. What else can I do?

Zeke Wolff
08-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Have you installed all the three extra programs that is needed (Visual #J, XNA and NET)?

If you have done the above, and it still doesn´t work, then please read the "step-by-step" instruction that I´ve provided in this message and see if that helps you.

1) The first thing you need to do, is to download Visual #J, .NET and .XNA. These are all available for download at Microsofts homepage for free.

(Link to .NET file --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Windows 64-bit users use this link instead --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en )

(Link to XNA --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en )

(Link to Visual #J --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Windows 64-bit users use this link instead --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en )

These 3 files is a "must have" to get the mod to work.

2) Create a "mods" folder in your Men of War folder. Unpack the Campaign archive and then drag and drop the folder named "Campaign" into your Mods folder.

3) Go to your profile folder for men of war and create a new folder named "Result". ( The result should look like this ---> Documents/My Games/Men of War/Profile/Your Profile Name/Save/Result)

4) Start the file named Campaign.exe. If you have done it correct so far, a window will appear with some options. At the option "Save Folder" you enter the correct path to your earlier created "Result" folder (on my PC with Swedish settings the path look like this ---> C:\Users\Zeke Wolff\Documents\My Games\men of war\profiles\Zeke Wolff\save\result. The "Zeke Wolff" should of course be replaced with your own profile name.

5) Click on done and in the next window, click on Quit (This step can be skipped, but it will save you from having to re-write the save path if the next step goes wrong).

6) Start up the campaign.exe again. Click on settings and then click on "Extract All Maps". Wait until it says "Done". Click on the button named "Done".

7) Click on "Start a new Campaign". Chose your Player Nation (German, USSR, UK, USA). Chose your theatre of War (which ones is available depends on which nation you picked. USSR for example cant pick North Afrika etc). Then chose which enemy nation you want to fight against (Germany can pick any enemy nation, USSR, US and UK can only pick Germany).

8.) Click on Start a New Campaign. A new window will appear. Here you buy your units. You can only start the campaign with 3 units, but you can capture enemy units and keep them for as long as you want. When you have bought your units, click "Done".

9) If everything has been done correctly so far, a new window will appear with images of different minimaps. Depending on which nation you picked to fight as, different colored rectangles appears on some of them (named 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc). If you play as USSR, the red rectangles depicts your unit and some allied units (your unit is always named 1st and has the word "PLAYER" written under it). If you want to attack the enemy, move these rectangles to any nearby enemy held minimap (the ones held by USSR has a USSR flag over them, and the ones held by the Germans (the enemy in this case) as a German flag over them). When you have made your decisions, click "Done".

10) A new window will appear. Here you places your troops on the actual map, ie where each one will start. You can only place them within the blue colored rectangle. When you are happy with your decisions, click "Done". You will now hear a "Tada!!" sound and the main Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) window will appear. Do not close this window down. It must be kept running as long as you play the mod.

11) Start up Men of War. Go to Mods and activate "Campaign". Then click on Single Player and then Select Mission and then... Dynamic Campaign Generator. Chose which difficulty you want to play on (I recommend to play on Hard since the AI is too easy to defeat otherwise). Then click on Dynamic Campaign Generator Mission. The mission will start to load and then after a while it will be ready to be played. Click space or just click the left mouse button to start the battle. You will see your units, and a very short mission debriefing. In the upper right corner of the screen, click on "Continue".

12) Play the battle.

13) When you have won (or decided that you better have to retreat), save the battle as Result. If you use any other name to save, only your current game progress will be saved. Only when it is saved as Result will the mod engine understand that the battle is really over.

14) After saving the game as Result, just click anywhere on the screen, and you will automatically be taken back to the DCG buy/sell window. Now you can sell (disband) any captured units etc.

15) To play the next battle, do the above all over again, ie hit done, pick map to fight on, place your units etc. After clicking Done after placing your units, you will automatically be taken back to the game Men of War. Go to Options and chose "Restart". This process will start the next battle.

16) Continue the above process as long as you wish.

17) When you have managed to capture the enemy base map (marked with a black and white circle (just like your own base map)), you´ve won a whole operation and will be rewarded by being able to command an extra unit (ie 4 units after the first won operation up to a maximum of 7 units).

If you want to play with the extra addons for DCG (Map Pack, Unit Pack and Infantry Pack) all you need to do is to drag and drop these extra addons into the mods folder and let them overwrite anything they ask to overwrite). Maps, new vehicles, and new infantry units will then be available randomly.

By doing what I´ve described, DCG should work... if it still doesnt, then there is some other error. Please make sure in that case that you do not have more than one copy of MoW installed and also please post a screenshot of your DCG settings (the paths) --- faulty paths happens to be the cause of an error in more than 90% of the cases.

Some users reports that they have got it to work when running the mod with administrator rights. I have closed down the UAC control and I haven´t had any problems at all with DCG and Vista.

~Zeke.