PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer LAN

Andre le Grand!
04-16-2009, 09:00 PM
So, first off, I haven't purchased this game yet, but I have been watching lots of videos and have been salivating with great anticipation! I have 3 weeks of college left before summer (when I get this), but there are a couple of questions that I have concerning LAN multiplayer before I get it. Is it at all possible to play this game in offline mode with other human players in offline mode, via LAN? Like an IN GAME LAN option/server that someone can create and others simply hop in, or is it more complicated than this? The reason I'm asking is because I host a number of LAN parties over the summer up at my cabin, which has no internet (or running water, but that's another matter :P ). Would LANing MoW without internet work? I've done a lot of gaming, but that's been mostly from steam, so I don't know how gamespy or whichever platform MoW uses works. Do I need to log on to gamespy (via internet) in order to play? So many questions! I'm sorry! But this game looks gosh-darn, downright, positively delightful for an up and coming history major. Thanks in advance!

Prowlinger
04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
The coming patch may change the copy protection which may change LAN play... I do not have answers to your questions but would be interested to know if someone has a LAN setup and the details also.

Shapka Moya
04-22-2009, 03:52 AM
The new patch (1.13?) is adding new copy protection? Really? This is the first I've heard of this. Sounds pretty cool.

I know gamersgate lets you install the game on as many computers as you want (in theory, of course). Does this mean other distributors are adding this feature? That would be awesome :) ! I doubt it well ever happen, however. Ah well. I can dream, can't I? Is this what you mean by adding new copy protection? :confused:

Prowlinger
04-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Well it was said they are adding it back in... but you never know now days... heck I just want to play MP for once... SP needs skirmish...

Andre le Grand!
04-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I just got the game yesterday (gamersgate), and I think that I have an answer to my own question. Since there is no online log-in in vs. 1.0.22, I'm assuming that an offline lan can be made possible. I don't have another computer here at college to test this out with, but once I'm home in about two weeks, I'll install it on another of my computers and see if the LAN mode works offline. Also I'll post if there are any changes to this in v. 1.11.3.0 which I'm downloading now.

On another unrelated note, GODDAMN this game has a lot of controls/options that you can do! I played around for 15 minutes yesterday and got utterly destroyed in the first mission on easy as I fumbled around with the controls. What a noob :P

szebus
05-24-2009, 08:45 AM
This game has the posibility to play it on LAN without having a connection to the internet.