PDA

View Full Version : Everything was great but now i fall through the map!

serinity
04-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey all... it figures :P I made a post about how everything runs great in the game; but after my last play a HUGE problem arose outta nowhere. I saved the game (currently on lvl 13).

Now, whenever i load ANY saved game its like i have "Ghost mode" or fly mode on or something. I can walk straight up in the air, through doors, and through anything. It's as if the collision in the game disappeared or something from the last save i did. Nothing seems to works to fix it. Please help!

*After this issue arose i looked up the cheats and enabled the console. I turned fly mode on (it was off) and nothing happened. Same problem. Then when i turn it off i fall through every floor to my death. So. Right now i cannot play at all until this issue gets resolved. I wouldnt mind reinstalling the game to see if it fixes the issue; but i cannot find the saved games anywhere so i dont want to do that cause im afraid i would lose all my progress; and i really dont want to start over. Prior to this issue i did not enable the console or try any cheats, and did not mess with any game files.

All i did was save, quit, turn off pc, then about 1 hour i came back loaded it up and this is what i have now. Has anybody else had this issue or can anybody help me out?

Thanks a lot.

serinity
04-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok well i figured out the problem. ~.noclip was turned off for somereason. I enabled the console, and d.noclip=0 ; i then fell to the floor and all is good.

If anybody encounters this issue in the future try this to fix it. It worked for me. I dont know why or how d.noclip could have been changed from =0 to =1 because i never messed with the console or any of the "cheats" until this happened. Weird.. but its fixed now :) I have to now keep the console enabled, because everytime i load the game i have to retype ~d.noclip=0 and then ~d.fly=0 in that order.

Why are these two important settings permenantly on =1 or set to true by default? How can i change it so i dont have to open the console everytime and type it in?

****Sidenote: Also a few things i noticed when i pressed ~ after enabling the console.

1) It said something about not being able to find script r.anisotropic in init.cfg Does this mean that it actually doesnt work when applied turned on from the graphics settings?

WhatsOneMore
04-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Ok well i figured out the problem. ~.noclip was turned off for somereason. I enabled the console, and d.noclip=0 ; i then fell to the floor and all is good.

If anybody encounters this issue in the future try this to fix it. It worked for me. I dont know why or how d.noclip could have been changed from =0 to =1 because i never messed with the console or any of the "cheats" until this happened. Weird.. but its fixed now :) I have to now keep the console enabled, because everytime i load the game i have to retype ~d.noclip=0 and then ~d.fly=0 in that order.

Why are these two important settings permenantly on =1 or set to true by default? How can i change it so i dont have to open the console everytime and type it in?

****Sidenote: Also a few things i noticed when i pressed ~ after enabling the console.

1) It said something about not being able to find script r.anisotropic in init.cfg Does this mean that it actually doesnt work when applied turned on from the graphics settings?

Same thing happened to me when I enabled the console, can't find script r.anisotropic. Strange ?

But about this init.ini file would it be possible to enter your console settings in it and save the file or would it be best to enter them into the autoexec.cfg file in the main folder. It seems as tho the autoexec.cfg file will load and execute commands appon loading of the game.

Just a thought mind you.

WhatsOneMore
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Same thing happened to me when I enabled the console, can't find script r.anisotropic. Strange ?

But about this init.ini file would it be possible to enter your console settings in it and save the file or would it be best to enter them into the autoexec.cfg file in the main folder. It seems as tho the autoexec.cfg file will load and execute commands appon loading of the game.

Just a thought mind you.

In Fact I just checked my autoexec.cfg file and theres this @D.consoleh = 1 commandline in it and I don't have it in my init.ini file, but the console still works. Crazy huh, no not really autoexec.cfg files are meant to execute the commands within.

So enter your console commands there and see what happens, just for the truck of it.

Oh make sure you have the- @D.consoleh = 1 -line in there too Just for safe keeping, so it all works.

BTW autoexec.cfg files don't change when running the game, so you don't have to make it a read only file like you did with the init.ini file :)

vinmax398
05-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I am having this problem as well, however when I try to save the init changes in notepad, it says it cannot create the init.cfg file and to make sure the path and file name are correct. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I enjoy the game very much, but not being able to turn this fly mode or whatever it is off, just makes it unplayable.:(

vinmax398
05-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Got it figured out. Running great again!:-)

ShXIII
05-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for this post, I did some research before I bought this game and came across this thread so I saved it just in case, well right at the last couple levels this problem popped up and your thread saved me.

Thanks

P.S. This was a fun game, more of an adventure game than an action game but still fun

oldmike1030
05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, thanks for this post. I had the same problem in lvl 13. I entered d.noclip=0 and I was not able to go thru floors or walls any more but could still go up to, and sometimes thru, the ceiling, also I had no foot step sound. so I also had to enter d.fly=0. I'm really not sure why this happened since I never enabled the console before I had problems, but hey, working now.