PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is that

haorant
04-15-2009, 02:25 PM
i love men of war a great game with real time planes tanks cars weapons and so on but i cant believe they missed out on the ships the thing that appers on the german and last soviet mission i mean what is that thing i almost screwed up the whole game for me i might be wrong it could be a real thing can anyone tell me if its real thx

Prowlinger
04-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I think I know what you are talking about...

The game audio said "battleship" but it was a barge with flak cannons...

The only thing I can see why they did this was that you would be 100% outdistanced if it was a real battleship.... it would be half a mile away and you would not be able to shoot it from the shore with what you had...

I think they improvised with a barge with cannons and men on it to be playable... yet (should not have been called a "Battleship" but instead should have been called "War Barge"...

Plus if they used the real Battleship model... it would have been to scale and taken up over half of the map width alone just in true scale.. hehe (which would have looked funny also).

As "wonky" as the audio / voice overs / cut scenes are ... I can see a simple mistake calling a barge a battleship... and not fixing the audio to match.

To properly do a battleship vs shore mission... it would require a completely different map and they probably got to the end and discovered... "oops... our battleship is just too big or not gameplay functional for this map design".

:razz:

"As amazing as this engine / game is.... it does have some negative issues... but the game is SO good we all just overlook little things like that ;) "

haorant
04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah after reading what u said i think u have a point but i still think maybe a little patrol boat would be much better i mean everything else in the game is very realsic just this boat i think this is the only thing they could have done much better in this game

Prowlinger
04-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree... but that is the least of my worries...

:)

Waiting for the patch so I can start mapping and play skirmish / Dynamic Map mod