PDA

View Full Version : When will retail patch be released?

knacki99
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
1C,

when will the often delayed patch be released for the UK DVD retail version? Gamersgate digital download version already has the patch.

So when will we get patched?

corleone11
04-15-2009, 12:09 AM
is it out already, i mean the new, 100% working patch?

the only thing i noticed was that i wasnt able to join the main MoW server. after i clicked login at the gamespy page, it came up with an error. does that have something to do with that? (ive got the direct2drive version)

Mack the Knife
04-15-2009, 02:16 AM
for years (and years, and years, and years, (when did gaming start?), and years), the standard answer to this question (which has been asked for just as many years) has been the patch will be released when it's ready. but!, you can read more here (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3028&sid=c29cf25aeb8afc41827b0780760b1eaf)

knacki99
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
The thread you linked has not been updated since April 5th and Gamersgate patch has been released easter! So why is retail not yet here?

Prowlinger
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Seems it had been stalled atm...

There are over 4 parties involved in patch releases... each going to dev teams to do the archiving or multiple language ports... Seems to be a very muddled process in my opinion... but I patiently wait also...

Maybe this week... :-?

I would want it to be 100% perfect better than 75% perfect and rushing it out of the door...

Seems to be ALOT of content involved though... new SP/MP maps, new Japanese units, bug fixes, new enhancements...

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
The patch would have been out a month ago if it wasn't for the 1 billion publishing companies they are distributing through.

Prowlinger
04-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Too many cooks in the kitchen makes the pot of soup sour... :cool:

knacki99
04-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Seems it had been stalled atm...

There are over 4 parties involved in patch releases... each going to dev teams to do the archiving or multiple language ports... Seems to be a very muddled process in my opinion... but I patiently wait also...

Maybe this week... :-?

I would want it to be 100% perfect better than 75% perfect and rushing it out of the door...

Seems to be ALOT of content involved though... new SP/MP maps, new Japanese units, bug fixes, new enhancements...

The Japs will be in the second patch now in development.

Prowlinger
04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Ok so in this upcoming patch..

We will get SP/MP up to 1.44 level with all prior fixes / maps

Then NEXT patch will include new Japanese ?

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
The bottleneck here really lies within the publishers. Too many of them.

firefox83
04-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Ha, this patch isnt even out, and they are already working on another one. great

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
04-16-2009, 12:30 AM
1C,

when will the often delayed patch be released for the UK DVD retail version? Gamersgate digital download version already has the patch.

btw the Gamersgate version is not the full patch either. It's the same one as listed in the digitalmindsoft forums. I checked.

knacki99
04-16-2009, 05:32 AM
btw the Gamersgate version is not the full patch either. It's the same one as listed in the digitalmindsoft forums. I checked.

GREAT! This is getting ridiculous.

firefox83
04-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah, no kidding. before you know it, theyll be charging us for the patch

Prowlinger
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I just want a solid patch to get SP and MP up to the same level so I can start playing DCG and MP...

Heheh who charges for patches now days? lol ... Oh well... keep hoping... some day it will come :)

scotland_93
04-16-2009, 08:08 PM
So how long will we actually have to wait

knacki99
04-17-2009, 12:44 PM
So how long will we actually have to wait

That was the initial question.

haorant
04-17-2009, 02:51 PM
i dont really get it this patch will it add more to the singelplayer or only mulitiplayer

knacki99
04-17-2009, 03:30 PM
MP mostly.

Prowlinger
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Well from my understanding talking with "Instinct" at the DMS website... the holdup is from 3 sub developers in the mix of 6. The mistake was that it needs to be sent to Aspyr and cleared from them next time BEFORE going to all the multi port subs.

So what will it include? Supposedly just ALL the patches to date SP/MP mixed into one... and a revision on the copy protection.

Why is the next patch already a work in progress? They not releasing the Japanese in this upcoming patch due to they did not have it 100% complete yet... this probably includes new units, infantry, textures, sounds, maps, videos... I am not sure.

I am ok not having the Japanese yet if we hopefully get them soon in next patch... Definately waiting on this next patch seeing atm I am still running the original disc build and don't want to install a SP or MP only patch since I mod SP atm.

So there is not ETA yet on the patch... but they are trying to get it done between 6 seperate sub publishers.. and that alone is quite a mess.

They are listening and working on it though... Patience is a virture (and a wicked cool set of patches coming!)

8-)

knacki99
04-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Another week wasted by holding up a patch that might take ages to get released if you read this:

"Thank you for contacting Aspyr Tech Support!

We are currently working on a patch for Men Of War. Unfortuantely we have to wait until the patch is released for the original game before we can access the code and supply our own version of it. There is still no set date for release, so keep checking our website periodically for information on this.

Aspyr Tech Support"

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3178#p43405

Are you people even talking to one another? Who is the project manager coordinating this bull****???

This is also quite ridiculous:

The patches for the 505 Games version is currently held, due to delays in the Aspyr version to be released(and sadly, I'm not sure when that will be, because Aspyr seems to release their patches(having a lot to do) based on a prioritylist which is in itself based on -request- for support/help of a specific game. This list as of yet, probably due to lack of such request to them, does not include Men of War:

http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=1

donjas
04-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Are you people even talking to one another? Who is the project manager coordinating this bull****???[/B]

A classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. If this is the delay we face for the first patch, I shudder to think of the delay any future patches will entail.

corleone11
04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
if that is so im just gonna download the 505 version again and us my key for multiplayer with that one.