PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions - Maybe fixed in upcoming patch?

Prowlinger
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Here are a few things that would make the game even better -

1. Ability to reconfigure SPACE bar and mouse buttons to commands you wish. I have tried script changing them and they do not change atm. Which includes the ability to change the middle mouse button world spin. This is a very bad button for me as I rotate the map and select move units by mistake by hitting the left mouse button also.

2. Ability to toggle on or off the health meters. They are helpful but I like realism and would enjoy the game much more with them off most of time.

3. Ability to toggle on or off the squad symbols. They are helpful but I like realism and would enjoy the game much more with them off most of time.

4. Ability to change the volume of the movies/cut scenes. I don't know why, but all the cut scene movies play 50% louder than the rest of the game. So loud I can't watch them most of the time since the hurt my ears and don't want to constantly be changing the volume up / down.

5. Ability to turn vehicle regardless of where the turret is aiming. Alot of my tanks die when they refuse to turn... but instead aim the direction I tell them to. Maybe it is in the movement scripts of vehicles.. not sure... seems all vehicles refuse just to turn in a 360 direction but want to go back and forth all the time (resulting in their untimely death).

Maybe you guys know some things I do not... Thank you for your replies!

donjas
04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
All your suggestions are useful. More pertinently for me, suggestion-4, I would like to change the volume too. For now I just press the escape button. Suggestion-5, is very important, needs to be implemented. I have to take direct control to change direction, which is time consuming.

Spickle
04-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Right click, hold and drag gives a move and face order.

donjas
04-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Thanks again, Spickle. An incredibly useful tip you have given.

Prowlinger
04-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Spickle... this tip does not work sometimes on tanks... they turret turn but do not turn the bottom body at all. Maybe this is addressed in an upcoming patch... ?

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Here are a few things that would make the game even better -

1. Ability to reconfigure SPACE bar and mouse buttons to commands you wish. I have tried script changing them and they do not change atm. Which includes the ability to change the middle mouse button world spin. This is a very bad button for me as I rotate the map and select move units by mistake by hitting the left mouse button also.

-You can already do this.

2. Ability to toggle on or off the health meters. They are helpful but I like realism and would enjoy the game much more with them off most of time.

-This is just a bad idea.

3. Ability to toggle on or off the squad symbols. They are helpful but I like realism and would enjoy the game much more with them off most of time.

-How you gonna know whom you have selected?

4. Ability to change the volume of the movies/cut scenes. I don't know why, but all the cut scene movies play 50% louder than the rest of the game. So loud I can't watch them most of the time since the hurt my ears and don't want to constantly be changing the volume up / down.

-A valid entry.

5. Ability to turn vehicle regardless of where the turret is aiming. Alot of my tanks die when they refuse to turn... but instead aim the direction I tell them to. Maybe it is in the movement scripts of vehicles.. not sure... seems all vehicles refuse just to turn in a 360 direction but want to go back and forth all the time (resulting in their untimely death).

-You can already do this. Use direct control.

Maybe you guys know some things I do not... Thank you for your replies!

Prowlinger
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Hotlips... here are my replies back from your replies :)

1. Can you tell me how to do it then? I have tried going into the My Documents\My Games\men of war\profiles\player\KEYS.ini and changing this -

{"common/pause"
{value KEY_PAUSE}
{noedit}
}

to

{"common/pause"
{value KEY_SPACE}
{noedit}
}

and blanked out the value for

{"control_human/stay_lie"
{value KEY_SPACE}
}

but it does not work... I am using the default version of 1.022.1

2. Maybe a bad idea to you.. but when I am trying to make a movie or play single player / dynamic campaign... I don't need to see those annoying bars at all. They just block me from looking at the units. If we could mod it, I would like to know how... if we will not get a hotkey toggle option (which would be the best solution).

3. You can tell what you have selected by looking at the unit information in the bottom of the screen. Yes you need icons to play sometimes but then again... once you play enough RTS games and get used to this engine.. you can easily play without those symbols. This can be modded but a hotkey would work best for everyone.

5. Maybe this version is buggy and was fixed. Sometimes tanks just refuse to turn their bases even in Direct Control mode... I am not sure... seems to happen at random. My complaint stems from getting a tank flanked on the side and you need to quickly rotate the base to put the most armor in up front in the direction of the flanking tank... when your tank is firing at other targets, sometimes it chooses to turn the turret and not the base in the direction you specify.

adilcjr
08-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I need to invert mouse buttons because I'm lefty and I use mouse buttons inverted. I agree with the other suggestions.