PDA

View Full Version : Questions - New to MoW

Prowlinger
04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone... first off... MoW is amazing! Loved the Soldiers engine but this one really blows it away! MoW is just the best growth of this "engine" of the series game to date!

Questions - Thank you for helping me...

1. Men of War vs Faces of War - Mods - There are alot of FoW mods I have and some I want to use in MoW. Is there a simple conversion for these or will I have to decode each one line for line and try and make them work in MoW? As of right now I have about 3 that fail to work in MoW that are original FoW mods.

2. Can the developers at 1C tell us (the community) what changes they plan in the full SP/MP release soon? Like bug fixes or GUI changes or options? There is a multiplayer patch out but I am still playing single player so I haven't installed it (don't want to break it).

3. I have not tinkered with Soldiers / FoW / MoW editting / modding before... How easy is it to just make a simple 1 vs 1 map? Some map editors are easy to put together a new map while others require weeks of dedication just to learn how to use the editor.

4. Will client side mods break multiplayer? Example - textures and sound mods... Have done many client side mods in the past with Battlefield 1942 and they still worked in multiplayer matches seeing as they were just texture and sound changes.

5. Has 1C considered making the "Dynamic Campaign Generator Mod" a real release with the upcoming patches? I only play CPU most of the time on a LAN and skirmishes vs CPU would be amazing (as a default option from devs instead of a mod).

6. Is there a way to lock on a target and watch it move? I know you can press 'C' I think to go directly to that unit but I would like the camera to move with the unit so I can just direct fire from this position.

7. Is there a hotkey that will put you in the instant view perspective of the unit? Like a "from the eyes of camera"? You can manually do it but would be nice to have it autozoom and fix the horizon in 1 button.

Thank you!

donjas
04-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I love modders. It means goodies for the rest of the community. Maybe you could post here too-
http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=d5c96ec6bc8cd41b49774f992843b25f

BritheBrit
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi, I'm a new member and I've also just put the demo onto my machine. To me MoW looks and plays better than ToW 2. Hope to buy the game soon

Nike-it
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi, I'm a new member and I've also just put the demo onto my machine. To me MoW looks and plays better than ToW 2. Hope to buy the game soon

These games are very different, MoW is for those who like tactics, and ToW 2 is more for scaled strategy wargames. But anyway, glad you liked MoW.

Prowlinger
04-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Since you are the admin here... you know whats up...

Do you have any clue when the patch might come? Am working on a sound mod and debating just waiting until the patch....

Nike-it
04-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Since you are the admin here... you know whats up...

Do you have any clue when the patch might come? Am working on a sound mod and debating just waiting until the patch....

I already wrote about it, several times. The patch will be available when we get it for all available versions of MoW. It should happen very soon.

Prowlinger
04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Do you use the DCG?

Actually what mods do you use for MoW? Just curious if you did the whole DCG, unitpack, infantry pack thing...

If so... do you have to disable all the mods to play multi player or will it automatically do it for you?

Zeke Wolff
04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Do you use the DCG?

Actually what mods do you use for MoW? Just curious if you did the whole DCG, unitpack, infantry pack thing...

If MoW works in the same manner as Faces of War did... you shouldnt have to in-activate DCG before joining a MP game. FoW automatically disabled any mods you had active unless the MP game you tried to join, actually had the same mods running. But since DCG is a SP mod, you really can´t have high hopes that someone else will be running DCG when playing in MP.

I´m not sure if MoW behaves in the same manner so I would strongly recommend you to in-activate any running SP mods before joining a MP game. After all, DCG is simple to in-activate by just removing it in the Men of War "options" folder.

~Zeke.

Prowlinger
04-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Awesome... well I am on the original build and no patches yet... waiting on the next sp/mp patch ... but with this engine originally built from the ground up made for mods... it has amazing options all around.

:)