PDA

View Full Version : sturmtiger, Maus?

Silencer
04-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm looking into the game etidor, seeing all kind of post wwii tanks and strange stuff. (like the IS3, Turtoise, centurion etc)
I wanted to know if the sturmtiger is in and the Brummbär?

didn't see the Mouse either.
and that big US tank, T28 I believe.

Do they come with a patch?

thnx for any help!

DerSniffer
04-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Sturmtiger is in, the others, i don´t know.

Silencer
04-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I just checked the editor, but i can't see it under heavy tanks.

Zeke Wolff
04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I just checked the editor, but i can't see it under heavy tanks.

The Sturmtiger is added in the patch that we´re all waiting for. If you are only interested in playing MP, you can download a MP only 1.11.3 patch which includes both the Sturmtiger and Jagdpanzer IV.

The Brummbar isnt included in the game officially, but it is included in the unit pack for DCG.

~Zeke.

roptor90
05-20-2009, 08:06 AM
And what is whit Maus or T-28 ? Did they come out too ?

Morgoth
05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
And what is whit Maus or T-28 ? Did they come out too ?

T-29 is out,not the T-28.The sturm tiger was in multiplayer game from first version not through patch as suggested,the 2 new vehicles from the 1.11.3 patch were American Tank T29,& the Russian T60 Tank.:-)

Zeke Wolff
05-21-2009, 07:01 PM
T28 is out as well. It has been made by Cromtec, a 3d modeller who has made new vehicles for this kind of game since the early days of S:HOWW2. You can find a link to his mod at the DMS site. The mod is named Croms vehicles or something similar.

~Zeke.

roptor90
05-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Yes i know croms vehicles, but i want profesional 3d model. I dont need a crappy maus-half panther with "maus" turrent. I think the best looking tanks in man of war is jagdpanther, jagdpanzer and sturmtiger... Many people would pay for it if you improve some texuteres, models... And this game will be unbeateble when the units looks like in Theatre of War...

Zeke Wolff
05-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Hmmm... best looking tanks... jagdpanzer... You do know that this particular model contains so many errors, too many in fact to list them all? The whole engine deck is not even close to what the real thing looked like (just an example).

Cromtec´s "crappy" Maus is in fact quite close to what the actual vehicle looked like, 3d model wise. His skins might not be the best around, but perhaps you could try to reskin it yourself? I can tell you one thing, it isnt easy to make a new 3d model for the game, nor is it easy to make a good looking top notch skin.

~Zeke.

UnknownMan
06-05-2009, 01:32 AM
This will be great if we get the "maus" in the next patch, but I dont believe it... prototyps are only for allies not for german side:-) Perhaps the russian get the T80 in the next patch, shure only for balance... I have seen the ISU152 in battle and he can destroy the turret from the King Tiger very easy from every distance with HE Ammonation... and the russian artillery can also destroy a King Tiger easy but not the german rockets or US Rockets... what make the germans with the rocket launcher because it destroy only infantery? There is a lot to do in this game for balance... we will see...

Evilsausage
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Well Germany dosn't need experimental units for any balance reasons. And if a Maus would be in the game it would cost a shitload and you would rarely get a chance to use it in a normal game.

I agree that Russian Rocket artillery is abit OP. And i hope the Katyusha gets toned down in next patch.

However german rocket artillery isnt that bad. Most people build Panzerwerfers not reallizing that Raketwerfer has 300mm rockets instead of 150mm. Sure raketwerfer may be an easy target for counter battery and it fires few rockets. However i have blown of turrets of IS-3s.

Reason why cantillopes rockets do shitty dmg to tanks. Is because they are really smal. And they got a low firing angle.

150mm HE-shells where known to knock of turrets in ww2. The powerfull explosion was enough to knock it clean off. But your exadgerating that a IS-152 can easily kill a KT.
I have taken out a pershing with a hummel but never anything better.

Tho i don't like to fight Soviet in large games. It just turnes to an arty spamfest.