PDA

View Full Version : Deeply confused regarding patches.

Leutnant_von_Hausman
04-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I bought the English version of the game, and am currently enjoying the singleplayer, but am also enjoying the multiplayer.

In multiplayer, however, I get frequent lock-ups and crashes, meaning I am rarely able to finish a game. I am currently running the straight-out-of-the-box version of the game.

Now, I've heard that there are patches, but I'm not sure:

a) where to get them from
b) what they do
c) how many there are
d) whether I need to install all of them

I also heard that there is a multiplayer patch, or something, but that downloading this somehow screws up singleplayer?

I would appreciate any feedback and help. I can't seem to get onto the digitalthingy forums at the moment.. They seem to be down..

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
There currently is a hotfix patch bringing your version to 1.1.3 I believe. it does disable single player, but requires a small switch to get SP working again. It is found in the digitalmindsoft forums. The full patch will be out last week.

tharawdeal
04-07-2009, 11:28 PM
The full patch will be out last week.

Priceless. :D

corleone11
04-08-2009, 03:02 PM
hahaha! :D

Nike-it
04-09-2009, 06:00 AM
The patch is almost ready. As we have several versions of MoW (505 games, Aspyr, Gamersgate and etc.), the aim is to release patch for each of them simultaneously. That's why it takes more time then we thought.

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
04-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I have never seen so many companies involved in one game. AFAIK, it was developed by a Russian company, given to a British company for distrubtion, then punted on to an American company in Texas. I have no clue what digitalmindsoft does or where they fit in here, but they seem to host the most up to date forums. It's no surprise everyone is confused. So who's who? Let's have a little meet and greet, yeah?

tharawdeal
04-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I was going to say something similar. I have seen other games where there were differences between versions distributed by different means (digital download vs. physical copies, for instance) and also between versions released in different regions (STALKER, for example, always had the Russian patches released first, then the others). I'm guessing this is along those lines, although this doesn't bode well for future patches, as they will likely have to go through the same process before release.

I just hope the next patch fixes the freezing issues I'm having... The game is awesome, but I can't get past the first mission because it keeps locking up.