PDA

View Full Version : Savegames help

Bloodbuster
04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi folks

I just lost the drive that NecroVisioN was installed on. I was on my second run through the game playing Man of Courage.

I have reinstalled, and was wondering if there are likely to be any issues if I copy a savegame file from another PC to mine. There is a difference with OS - the source is XP and mine is Vista Ultimate. I was therefore playing the DX10 version.

Can I copy a savegame from a XP PC to a Vista PC and continue playing? Or, will I need to find someone with a Vista PC?

Also, as I did not check out the directory/file structure: which file(s) will I need?

Thanks

Blood

Janys
04-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi folks

I just lost the drive that NecroVisioN was installed on. I was on my second run through the game playing Man of Courage.

I have reinstalled, and was wondering if there are likely to be any issues if I copy a savegame file from another PC to mine. There is a difference with OS - the source is XP and mine is Vista Ultimate. I was therefore playing the DX10 version.

Can I copy a savegame from a XP PC to a Vista PC and continue playing? Or, will I need to find someone with a Vista PC?

Also, as I did not check out the directory/file structure: which file(s) will I need?

Thanks

Blood

It should be pretty much possible if you back-up the whole "Profiles" directory in the game's main dir. It contains not only the savegames but also info about your profile.

Bloodbuster
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks, Janys

A friend will be supplying the savegame from his XP machine.

Do I need the entire profile folder or can I just copy a single savegame?

I'm not really worried about getting his profile, I just wondered if there will be any issues copying between an XP (DX9) installation and a Vista (DX10) installation.

Normally I would not worry - I'd just replay the game, but my friend and I are on a Secrets run and it would be nice if we could keep pace with other, rather than me have to catch him up.

Cheers!

AncientMariner
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi, Blood. I'm AncientMariner here because someone had already grabbed Greybeard :( Savegames will be available shortly :)

Bloodbuster
04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
They worked! Thanks matey!

For info:

The savegame folders 001, 002, 003 etc., can be copied from one installation to another.

Cool.

Bloodbuster
04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Back again

I knew when I played through the game on the easier difficulties that Stone Henge was going to be difficult. However, I'm just having no luck beating this on Demon Crusher. I've looked at the popular level 5 help thread plus anything else related to beating Zimmerman and tried concentrating on the shotgun, using the more powerful weapons, firing at close range, dodging about... No joy. It has become an exercise in frustration.

I've been at this for over a day and have lost count the number of times I have tried.

My question is, does anyone have a save-game available from just after Zimmerman is beaten please.

I think it will be number 047 and can be found here (if you use Vista, not sure what the XP path will be):

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files\1C Publishing EU\NecroVisioN\Profiles\DemonCrusherProfileName\Sa veGames\047

I don't have a Profiles folder under C:\Program Files\...

The save game number I quote assumes a new profile was created just for Demon Crusher mode.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.