PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Ch 4 Stronghold key...

soulcrush8r
04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I need a key to get into the armory and I've been round all the outside walls, inside and up the towers, in all entrances via the enclosed walls below and have killed all the opposition (including the monster that jumped off the battlements) but still can't find a key!! Am now completely at a halt. can anybody help plz? :(

AncientMariner
04-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not quite sure where you are. I can only think of two keys in Ch4. One is specifically for the sewer door. The other is for a solid door at the top of a tower at the end of a battlement but that gains you a secret and is not necessary for progress.

I think you may be in front of a portcullis after a hard fight along "the headway" (battlements). If you look into the room and to the right, through the portcullis, you should see a highlighted lever. Shoot it to open the portcullis.

If I've got the wrong place, please post a screenie and I'll be happy to help further.

soulcrush8r
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes that's where I am, thanks. I've opened the portcullis by shooting the lever and I now find myself unable to proceed any further. I seem to bave been through every entrance i can find but I keep coming up against dead ends - i.e. more portcullises that don't shift or doors that don't open. Am I just being stupid???

AncientMariner
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Just beyond the switch you've just shot, there's a door on your right. "Push" against that and it should open. If you've got beyond that, I'm not quite sure where you're stuck, so please post again.

Good luck.

Jag1
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I think you shall go down the stairs to the left before reaching the armory door. And then out of the door at the end of the stairs (to the right) then i think the key was out in the open to the left when you come out.

soulcrush8r
04-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks Ancient Mariner. I've pushed open the door to the right after the portcullis and gone down the corridor but then I end up at another portcullis that won't open. This is the bit where I wander up and down the battlements wondering where to go next....

AncientMariner
04-09-2009, 11:01 AM
That's weird. As I remember it, you push the door open, make your way up past a few enemies, hit a T-junction, left takes you to a portcullis that doesn't open, right has a soldier sniping from behind a crate, go past him, up some stairs and you should reach a door to the roof. I've been through this a few times and it's always been straightforward.

Sadly, this may be a re-start-from-last-checkpoint job. That would sometimes happen in Painkiller but hasn't happened to me in NVN, yet.

Good luck.

Jag1
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
That's weird. As I remember it, you push the door open, make your way up past a few enemies, hit a T-junction, left takes you to a portcullis that doesn't open, right has a soldier sniping from behind a crate, go past him, up some stairs and you should reach a door to the roof. I've been through this a few times and it's always been straightforward.

Sadly, this may be a re-start-from-last-checkpoint job. That would sometimes happen in Painkiller but hasn't happened to me in NVN, yet.

Good luck.

Ive had to start over once. It was even in this chapter I had to start from the beginning. Ive forgot to close the door at the start of the level, and then I just kept on dying when I reached the gas in the middle of the stairs. I could rush down to the wheel chair monster, and die there, and I could make a stop to the right at the end of the stairs and wait to gain health, but I would die anyway. When I started over, closed the door in the beginning and then proceeded. No problem at all

soulcrush8r
04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys - I started over from a previous save and that seems to have done the trick! Put it down to another glitch....