04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
:(

its taking too long

JsRacingS2k
04-01-2009, 08:53 PM

Tomo
04-02-2009, 12:01 AM
It has to be just around the corner.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if it was out there somewhere and we just don't know the URL yet....

Would be nice to see a new hands-on report from one of the big gaming sites too.

guiltyspark
04-02-2009, 12:23 AM
agreed , i think anton said he is back tommorow
so maybe thats when it launches

Tomo
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
One thing is certain - the time to start building hype is well and truly here.

The whole industry runs on hype, it's a necessary evil :)

xNikex
04-02-2009, 02:17 AM
agreed , i think anton said he is back tommorow
so maybe thats when it launches

Yes, I asked Anton if site will launch before or after GDC and he said the important people are at the event and will launch when they get back. So, I assume tomorrow or next couple of days hopefully.:-)

Anton said it will have more info on IL2 BoP so I look forward to seeing the list of planes, pictures, trailors, and all kinds of new info on it.:grin:

And maybe we'll possibly get a possible release date!:grin:

philip.ed
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Yes, I asked Anton if site will launch before or after GDC and he said the important people are at the event and will launch when they get back. So, I assume tomorrow or next couple of days hopefully.:-)

Anton said it will have more info on IL2 BoP so I look forward to seeing the list of planes, pictures, trailors, and all kinds of new info on it.:grin:

And maybe we'll possibly get a possible release date!:grin:

That's good news;)

JsRacingS2k
04-02-2009, 06:38 PM

Tomo
04-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Anton Yudintsev
04-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Guys, please stop countdown :)
I am just back from GDC, will get you updated soon.

guiltyspark
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM

kiss me

Buggins
04-03-2009, 01:12 AM

Can't wait Anton. Then again, 'please stop countdown' could be coz we'd be counting for months lol

xNikex
04-03-2009, 02:00 AM

Hey its good to here from you again.

Just waiting to hear some new info now.:)

44Runner
04-03-2009, 06:00 PM
guys, please stop countdown :)
i am just back from gdc, will get you updated soon.

lol

guiltyspark
04-04-2009, 03:16 AM
i have a feeling the website isnt coming within the next week :(

Tomo
04-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Think positive G.S!!! :)

I reckon it'll arrive Monday Australian time.

xNikex
04-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Have faith...

guiltyspark
04-05-2009, 12:08 AM
i hope he doesnt try to suprise us

it would be great if he could tell us the date the site is launching

Anton Yudintsev
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
I am trying to.
I guess next week I'll at least know the date of site launch.
We are making materials for a site.

guiltyspark
04-05-2009, 05:11 PM
I am trying to.
I guess next week I'll at least know the date of site launch.
We are making materials for a site.

the reason im asking is that way i can plan ahead and i will blitz info about your game across several forums and answer questions and stuff

Tomo
04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah me too. I'm really trying to pimp this game out to all my friends, but they've seen all the videos now!

xNikex
04-05-2009, 09:38 PM
I know, me too.

But there is just nothing more to show or tell until the site launches soon, hopefully.:)

Anton Yudintsev
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Site is almost ready. I've got launch date.
Trying to get permission to release this info...

JsRacingS2k
04-06-2009, 04:25 PM
"Boing!"

guiltyspark
04-06-2009, 05:09 PM

hopefully soon

xNikex
04-06-2009, 08:06 PM

Yay!:grin:

It would be neat to have Jeremy Soule sountrack on it.

Tomo
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Woooo bring it on Anton!!!!

P.S - Will you be adding you or your staff members XBL gamertag to our thread? It would be nice to take on the people who built the game :D

Buggins
04-07-2009, 06:13 AM

Good stuff Anton.:-)

Anton Yudintsev
04-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Woooo bring it on Anton!!!!

P.S - Will you be adding you or your staff members XBL gamertag to our thread? It would be nice to take on the people who built the game :D

Let them do it themselves if the want to :)
Guys, most of team are not excellent players (not taking game designers and testers in account). So you won't get fun in both cases - game designers are able to play VERY good on 10x game speed (for debugging purposes), and engineers are simply average.

guiltyspark
04-07-2009, 03:51 PM
did you get permission to post the release date of the site? :(

trk29
04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I can't believe there isn't a website yet. If they are planning on releasing a date for the website it will probably be a while and for people who think the game is coming out this summer better shoot that out of the water, I don't think two months is long enough for the website to be up to promote the game. Heroes over Europe has had one for months and it had a expected release or Spring. Of course it's not here and that game looks inferior to BOP and they don't even know if they have a publisher or not but they do have a site. This makes me think the game won't come out till the holiday season. But I can't wait no matter what. If it is better than the original I am eagerly awaiting this game because I loved the original.

Stanrosquain
04-07-2009, 05:19 PM
At this time, team's Anton is probably still working on the site. We have to be patient (It isn't us who are working ;)) Personally, I have all my time to wait :)

trk29
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I agree that they are working hard and I respect them.

xNikex
04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Let them do it themselves if the want to :)
Guys, most of team are not excellent players (not taking game designers and testers in account). So you won't get fun in both cases - game designers are able to play VERY good on 10x game speed (for debugging purposes), and engineers are simply average.

Well, its a new game.
We'll all be noobs.:-P

But yes it would be pretty cool to play with you guys.:)

Buggins
04-07-2009, 08:17 PM
did you get permission to post the release date of the site? :(

Come on, give him a chance.

Tomo
04-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Indeed, i'm sure Anton is doing his best.

However, the fact that we are waiting for the release date of the website does not bode well for the release date of the game itself.

virre89
04-07-2009, 10:09 PM
This might actualy turn out good :), Buy it while i wait for SoW BoB.

guiltyspark
04-07-2009, 10:15 PM
This might actualy turn out good :), Buy it while i wait for SoW BoB.

you will be waiting a LONG time

virre89
04-07-2009, 11:55 PM
you will be waiting a LONG time

Ye well Rise of Flight is just around the corner so i doubt it will be a problem.

xNikex
04-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Indeed, i'm sure Anton is doing his best.

However, the fact that we are waiting for the release date of the website does not bode well for the release date of the game itself.

Well Anton did say July is very possible.:)

Besides, you have to remember that they spent a lot of time focusing on finishing the Xbox360 version and are still developing the other console versions for simultanious release.

I think it is good for them to get the site up. And Anton did say it is almost ready and has launch date (the day after he said he'd find it:cool:), so I am awaiting patiently for launch.

Can't wait to see the amazing materials on it. Anton did say he was making them for the site so I expect great new things.:grin:

Tomo
04-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah it would be great to see more vids using the cockpit view. Would also be great to see some takeoffs and landings from cockpit perspective.

I'd also like to see some ground forces in action. Can we see individual infantry on the ground I wonder?

Really, if this game lives up to the videos we have already seen it is going to be............BRILLIANT.

Anton Yudintsev
04-08-2009, 08:36 AM
I'd also like to see some ground forces in action. Can we see individual infantry on the ground I wonder?

Not this time.
Probably in sequel.

guiltyspark
04-08-2009, 02:02 PM
anton did you get the permission to post the launch date of the site?

Stanrosquain
04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Not this time.
Probably in sequel.

Does this mean you think you will make Il-2 Sturmovik : Birds of Prey 2 ?

Anton Yudintsev
04-08-2009, 04:35 PM
anton did you get the permission to post the launch date of the site?

Sorry, not yet :(

Anton Yudintsev
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Does this mean you think you will make Il-2 Sturmovik : Birds of Prey 2 ?

It will depends on how Birds of Prey will perform.
However, we are interested in using our experinece in flight sim genre in at least one new project.

Raw Kryptonite
04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Have you guys considered a modern flight project for consoles?
The only semi-sim we've had is Over G Fighters. Great game, but horrible presentation. I'd love to see something more open too. You guys could do a killer game in that genre.

guiltyspark
04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
However, we are interested in using our experinece in flight sim genre in at least one new project.

We as in gaijen , or we as in 1c ?

GabeFan
04-08-2009, 05:36 PM

A WW2 Pacific theater sequel would be great!!! I feel WW2 was the most exciting era in aviation, so I hope you guys would stick to that period in time.

European or Pacific... I don't care, as long as it's still WW2!!!!

Stanrosquain
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
A WW2 Pacific theater sequel would be great!!! I feel WW2 was the most exciting era in aviation, so I hope you guys would stick to that period in time.

European or Pacific... I don't care, as long as it's still WW2!!!!

I agree with you, WW2 is better !!!!

Raw Kryptonite
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
WWII is great, but so would a Vietnam era game be. Jets, but still a lot of reliance on guns and poor performing missiles. ;)
I'd love an F-4 with missiles making pretty trails through the air in random directions. LOL Include various choppers...oh yeah.
Bring it from Vietnam through the 80's. Give me an A-10 and an F-15 and I'll be happy for years. Perfect companion to IL2, I wouldn't need any PC games then. :grin:

xNikex
04-08-2009, 07:59 PM

Yes, please stick to WWII. I am sick of "fire and forget".

A Pacific theatre would be great. Like recreating IL2 versions for the consoles. That would be awesome.

Or Korea, but no further.

xNikex
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
WWII is great, but so would a Vietnam era game be. Jets, but still a lot of reliance on guns and poor performing missiles. ;)
I'd love an F-4 with missiles making pretty trails through the air in random directions. LOL Include various choppers...oh yeah.
Bring it from Vietnam through the 80's. Give me an A-10 and an F-15 and I'll be happy for years. Perfect companion to IL2, I wouldn't need any PC games then. :grin:

I don't know. It wouldn't really be called IL2 Sturmovik if it went past the Korean war because the IL2 (plane) went out of survice afterwards.

The name IL2 would be pointless...

I would be great if Gaijin made all versions of IL2 Sturmovik with Pacific and 1946. (Or make updates with new planes/jets and maps and then their second project can be a whole new game entirely.)

But lets keep this thread on subject. Save this for after Birds of Prey.

guiltyspark
04-08-2009, 08:16 PM
anton please give us a hint of when we will see this website

IM DYING HERE

AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHEN THAT IS THE WORST PART

Raw Kryptonite
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't know. It wouldn't really be called IL2 Sturmovik if it went past the Korean war because the IL2 (plane) went out of survice afterwards.

The name IL2 would be pointless...

I would be great if Gaijin made all versions of IL2 Sturmovik with Pacific and 1946. (Or make updates with new planes/jets and maps and then their second project can be a whole new game entirely.)

But lets keep this thread on subject. Save this for after Birds of Prey.

LOL
It wouldn't be IL2, I'm asking in general.

To keep on topic, questions should really be posted in the "if you could ask 3 questions" thread where Anton asked that we keep questions to him so that he might get some answers to us. ;)

xNikex
04-08-2009, 09:46 PM
True.

I'd rather stick to WWII, but may have your opinon.

Stanrosquain
04-09-2009, 02:21 PM
100% ww2 ;)