PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Inventory Exchange (Great Game, BTW)

Goatman455
04-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Loved, Soldiers, Love this game, but how do you get your soldiers to trade items, I want to give med kits and/or ammo to my other guys, but I just end up destroying them.

Thanks

Nike-it
04-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Loved, Soldiers, Love this game, but how do you get your soldiers to trade items, I want to give med kits and/or ammo to my other guys, but I just end up destroying them.

Thanks

Choose the soldier with whom you want to change and press "examine" button or "X" on him, you will get the menu with two inventories and you will be able to change items. Cheers.

firefox83
04-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Likewise, if you have a soldier selected, hit U, then move they cursor over another unit, you should see the eyeball appear. click the unit, and you can change inventories with them.

Ossian
04-01-2009, 01:38 PM
So that is how it's done.... Should make reloading tanks a lot easier.

Goatman455
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the help, but one person said U and one person said X. It is "X" just to clear things up, and it works perfectly.

Also, it says assigning a commander is done with the "k" key but I can't seem to get it to work.

firefox83
04-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Actually think by default it is X, I know I have mine hot keyed to U. Honestly I dont remember chaninging the settings, but I could of. All you have to do is look up your control settings, and see what Examine is hot keyed to.

Goatman455
04-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Well, what about the assign commander thing?

Mack the Knife
04-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Should make reloading tanks a lot easier
one mission i played my tank was out of AP rounds. there was a crippled german tank out yonder but under the eye(s) of two anti-tank guns. i took two of my guys, emptied their packs and had them crawl to the tank. used X for each to examine the german tank and loaded 4-5 AP tank rounds per man and crawled to load my tank... :grin: ...saved the day

Jak170
04-09-2009, 04:05 AM
You do that either by double clicking one of the squad members (if your using the selection mode that retains squads). I'm not so sure about the other selection mode. The other way is to select a unit in a squad, just the lone unit, then pressK or shift+k or whatever your button is mapped to be.

Prowlinger
04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Can someone tell me what this specifically does?

{"common/set_commander"
{value "DOUBLE + KEY_K"}

What is "set commander" do?

When I hit "K K" nothing ever happens.

firefox83
04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Can someone tell me what this specifically does?

{"common/set_commander"
{value "DOUBLE + KEY_K"}

What is "set commander" do?

When I hit "K K" nothing ever happens.

Id like to know as well, been doing that one forever, thinking it might make a difference or something, but dont see anything happening.