PDA

View Full Version : Attention attention evryone!!! Our computers are in danger!!

BAXTER STOCKMAN
03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
My parents told me now that they heard on the news that there is a new, very powerful virus that will be activated tommorow!!!! We must di something about it to protect our pc!!! What antivirus do we need to destroy this virus????? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

BAXTER STOCKMAN
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
There is possibility that maybe the virus is already installed on our computers and we dont know that. They said that thiis virus destorys evrything!! HELP!!

Igo kyu
04-01-2009, 02:27 AM
There is possibility that maybe the virus is already installed on our computers and we dont know that. They said that thiis virus destorys evrything!! HELP!!
This is the "conficker" worm, it is said that it only infects windows machines that aren't being updated from the microsoft site. Nobody knew what it was going to do, I expect it's doing that whatever it is now, it probably isn't a problem if your machine is updated automatically, or failing that fairly frequently. Still, it pays to be careful, I've got a virus scan running at the moment.

alicia111
04-01-2009, 01:12 PM
oh ok, i am also running a scan. what antivrus do you use? any special type required to remove this virus? :(

Igo kyu
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
oh ok, i am also running a scan. what antivrus do you use? any special type required to remove this virus? :(
I don't have any particular information about which anti-virus is best, I'm using a free one somepeople recommended, but I don't really know it's the best possible.

This is the wikipedia page about conficker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker

Also:

If your computer is infected with the Conficker worm, you may be unable to download certain security products, such as the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool or accessing certain Web sites, such as Microsoft Update. If you can't access those tools, try using the Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner.

So, if you can download those tools, you probably don't have this virus. If you've downloaded them you might as well run them to be sure (or as sure as you can be with viruses :evil:)

The page from which you can download the malicious software removal tool is:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx