PDA

View Full Version : Elven Legacy Vs. King's Bounty - The Legend

CyberGuy
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Elven Legacy Vs. King's Bounty - The Legend

Which one do you think is better? I know that they are a little different but they are both turn based strategy type of game.

It is coming out in April 7, 2009 (in only about 1 week)

Nike-it
03-31-2009, 05:54 AM
Elven Legacy Vs. King's Bounty - The Legend

Which one do you think is better? I know that they are a little different but they are both turn based strategy type of game.

It is coming out in April 7, 2009 (in only about 1 week)

King's Bounty is more RPG then t-b strategy, maybe the mechanics of the fights looks the similar, but in other aspects these games are very different. For RPG fans - KB is the perfect variant, strategy fans may find Elven Legacy more intersting. Anyway both games are worth trying.

GeneralGonzo
04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I don´t think you can even compare them in anyone aspect:

KB is a game similar to the traditional HOMM series, where you train one main character in some RPG way and get him stronger over time. The armies getting along with him are very different to EL, they mostly have different abilities and can´t gain experience. The fights are on a much smaller scale and also won by the use of magic, which exists only in a much much smaller scale in EL. You have a world to explore in real time whereas you only have battlefields in EL.

Summarized I wouzld say that both games are worth their money and EL is more for wargamers who like fantasy scenarios whereas KB is more for RPG fans who like tactical fights between exploration.

NelsMonsterX
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Yes, these game are like apples and oranges. The best comparison I can make for Fantasy Wars and the sequel, Elven Legacy is the Fire Emblem series from Nintendo. Your units are pretty valuable and you don't want to lose any if you can help it. EL is not like HOMM games where you can amass a ton of units and steamroll the opponent.

Kolorabi
04-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Basically, Fantasy Wars (and Elven Legacy) are modern versions of SSI's classic Fantasy General. If you haven't played that, then imagine Panzer General in a fantasy setting. If you still have no idea, then... hm, well, I guess it could be described more complex fantasy-version of Battle Isle/Massive Assault.

Gah, it's hard when almost all the games I know this game is similar to are ancient. We need more turn-based strategy games, dammit. :-)

GeneralGonzo
04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
We need more turn-based strategy games, dammit. :-)

Absolutely signed !

I´m glad that there are some publisher/developer out there, especially nowadays in russian, who care about this genre with great products !

Kings Bounty Hunter
06-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes, these game are like apples and oranges. The best comparison I can make for Fantasy Wars and the sequel, Elven Legacy is the Fire Emblem series from Nintendo. Your units are pretty valuable and you don't want to lose any if you can help it. EL is not like HOMM games where you can amass a ton of units and steamroll the opponent.

Star trek game should be interesting