PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes--autosave related?

tharawdeal
03-27-2009, 08:48 PM
I played the demo and had no problems, but today after I bought the full version and installed it, I have experienced two freezes on the first mission.

The first one came right after I got the order to assault the German MGs at the crossroads. I tried to ctrl+alt+del and shut down the program from the task menu, but my system was hard-frozen and had to be restarted with the reset switch. After restarting my PC and starting MoW again, I was able to resume playing from the autosave. All was fine until I repaired the tank; the game then froze again. I haven't tried to resume the mission yet.

I noticed that in both cases, the game had just autosaved my progress, which could be what triggers the freezes.

I can post/send a dxdiag report if needed.

EDIT: Started playing again, but noticed that there was no autosave for the 2nd freeze. I played from the previous save and all went well for a while. I then experienced a 3rd crash, this time during a firefight with no connection to a save or cutscene event. Too bad... I really wanted to play this game. Guess I will have to wait for a patch.

Nike-it
03-30-2009, 06:19 AM
I played the demo and had no problems, but today after I bought the full version and installed it, I have experienced two freezes on the first mission.

The first one came right after I got the order to assault the German MGs at the crossroads. I tried to ctrl+alt+del and shut down the program from the task menu, but my system was hard-frozen and had to be restarted with the reset switch. After restarting my PC and starting MoW again, I was able to resume playing from the autosave. All was fine until I repaired the tank; the game then froze again. I haven't tried to resume the mission yet.

I noticed that in both cases, the game had just autosaved my progress, which could be what triggers the freezes.

I can post/send a dxdiag report if needed.

EDIT: Started playing again, but noticed that there was no autosave for the 2nd freeze. I played from the previous save and all went well for a while. I then experienced a 3rd crash, this time during a firefight with no connection to a save or cutscene event. Too bad... I really wanted to play this game. Guess I will have to wait for a patch.

Please send the dxdiag report to support (support@1cpublishing.eu). We'll try to find out what's wrong with your game.

kiwi68
05-04-2009, 07:23 AM
I had a similar problem, if I had 5 auto saves when ever the game tried to make a sixth auto save the game would lock up and I would have to restart my PC.

I found that if I deleted the two oldest auto save files the game wouldn't lock at the next auto save.

:grin:

tharawdeal
05-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Well, I'm glad that you managed to solve your issue... Mine still persists, unfortunately. As I mentioned in the edit to the OP, I don't think it's related to autosaves, since it seems to happen at any time. Still, thanks for the tip.

***SOLVED!*** Just wanted to say that I resolved my issue with the continuous game freezes by uninstalling MoW, reinstalling it to C:\Men of War (rather than the default directory), and patching the game. Works like a charm now.

Grimmy
05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I have seemingly the exact same problem; a freeze which locks up my whole PC (unable to bring up tsk manager or alt tab), but as I installed via steam I dont thing I can choose where I install the game to. If this is the fix to the problem does anyone have any idea how I fix it through Steam??

BTW..whilst this game is working I really love it! Well done! Its just a real shame I get this crash every 45 minutes or so :( which spoils my enjoyment.

Any patches coming to fix this?

Grimmy
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Well I've switched anti virus software, checked core temperatures, got latest gfx drivers but I still have the same problem. Could steam be to blame for this?
I even had a complete lockup in the front end just a minute ago. :( I really want to play this, can anyone help me?