PDA

View Full Version : Death to Spies: Moment of Truth in Development

Nike-it
03-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company is pleased to announce the development of a sequel to the popular stealth-action Death to Spies titled Death to Spies: Moment of Truth.

The game's main character is Semion Strogov, Captain of the 4th department of the Soviet counterintelligence service called SMERSH. SMERSH literally means in Russian Death to Spies, which was the name for a set of counterintelligence departments in the Soviet Army formed during World War II. Strogov is back from his previous missions and must now participate in a series of even more complicated and exciting military operations under the code name Death to Spies: Moment of Truth.

The hero possesses all the skills required to accomplish especially dangerous missions including, getting information about the disposition of hostile military and civil units, assassination of enemy agents and representatives of Wehrmacht’s high-ranking officers and espionage.

By the order of his supreme commander Strogov, who passed through a serious retraining, will have to accomplish various top secret missions. His task is to capture spies, saboteurs and gather information about their actions using unique technologies and devices.

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth is scheduled for a Q3 2009 release.

Please find more details about the game at http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/death-to-spies-moment-of-truth (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/death-to-spies-moment-of-truth).

Liz Shaw
03-23-2009, 09:57 AM
IT'S BEING LOCALISED???? OMG!!!!!!!:grin:

forlik
03-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Good news, thanks! But why 'in development'? As I know, the game was developed in 2008 ;)

Nike-it
03-23-2009, 10:18 AM
First of all it is full localization, also may appear several improvements, unfortunately I don't have much info.

forlik
03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
also may appear several improvements

That's very, very interesting. If some improvements will be applied - patch for russain version should be available also. :cool:

Jason
03-23-2009, 02:58 PM
YAY!!! I can't wait, it will be brilliant =)

balbaro
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Downloading the trailer right now, its about time there is news about a english release date.

Nike-it
03-24-2009, 07:05 AM
You can also watch the trailer on-line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbkYhXQUqjc

dorcky
03-24-2009, 09:14 AM
This is true? I can`t belived! Good helps!

I hope this is true and will play the game soon !:rolleyes:

Nike-it
03-24-2009, 09:33 AM
This is true? I can`t belived! Good helps!

I hope this is true and will play the game soon !:rolleyes:

Abolutely official true;) I'll be posting news here as soon as they appear.

lewuz
03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes, it true. I got official press release with same info in yesterday morning too. :)

Pizzadvl
03-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Will there be a third title? :)

Nike-it
03-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Will there be a third title? :)

Please don't hurry the events;) The are no any known plans about third part.

Pizzadvl
03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Fourth? :D

Nike-it
03-26-2009, 05:49 AM
Fourth? :D

Only the fifth;)

Jason
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Now I'm confused :confused:

Feel free to make another 3 games though :grin:

Nike-it
03-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, as I said before, there are no even gossips about the next part.

Pizzadvl
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
So its coming out in:

July
August
September

Q-BZ
03-28-2009, 04:31 PM
So its coming out in:

July
August
September

Wow, I haven't been on this forum in at least 6 months and had given this project up for dead. Q3 of this year finally? Great news! :D

Pizzadvl
03-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Maybe more levels? ;d

Boyarpunk
03-29-2009, 08:44 PM
YAY!!!!!! At long last.

How do you say "Thank you" in Russian? :cool::)

Nike-it
03-30-2009, 06:45 AM
YAY!!!!!! At long last.

How do you say "Thank you" in Russian? :cool::)

"Spasibo", in russian it must be written "спасибо";)

Boyarpunk
03-31-2009, 12:04 AM
Spasibo ! :)

Jason
04-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Will there be a demo of the game available for download? :)

Nike-it
04-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Will there be a demo of the game available for download? :)

This is not yet confirmed. To early to talk about it.

Pizzadvl
04-26-2009, 08:23 AM
I really DO hope that there is coming a third Death to Spies! :). I'm going to play DTS again. Long wait for the English DTS: MOT :(

balbaro
05-03-2009, 06:24 AM
While waiting for MOT take a look at the new game "Velvet Assasin", very similar to Death to Spies but its a girl who does the killing.

And its in english ;)

Pizzadvl
05-03-2009, 07:17 AM
I know, I play it. But it's not close to DtS.

balbaro
05-03-2009, 07:30 AM
I know, I play it. But it's not close to DtS.

I like this game, less difficult IMO as DTS but still very enjoyable.

Pizzadvl
05-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I like this game, less difficult IMO as DTS but still very enjoyable.

Yes.

Jason
05-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Velvet Assasin, I prefer the original concept to that game... when it was Sabotage 1943

Bring on DTS MOT... or Deadly Dozen 3... or Hidden and Dangerous 3 :)

Pizzadvl
05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
lol I enjoyed Deadly Dozen, I have Deadly Dozen 2 Pacific Theatre in a Original Box/cd and Deadly dozen 1 on a CD.

I hope there is coming a Deadly Dozen 3 sometime, but I dont think there will..

Jason
05-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth is scheduled for a Q3 2009 release.

And how is that target looking? Will it be an early, mid or late Q3? :grin:

Pizzadvl
06-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Any news?

OSS
06-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Any news?

Release July, 15?? :D

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Spies-Moment-Truth-Pc/dp/B002E0ISC6

Pizzadvl
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Release July, 15?? :D

Nice, but properly won't be released in The Netherlands...
Or hard to find, like Death to Spies. :confused:

dorcky
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Release Date: July 14, 2009

On Amazon.com page at Product Details apears this WTF?

Jason
07-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I have seen Amazon say it comes out on the 27th of July, not sure if it was another server cache or what but it said the 27th a week ago...

Nokturnal
07-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Jason, not sure what Amazon site you are looking on..But it says 14th for me too

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Spies-Moment-Truth-Pc/dp/B002E0ISC6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1247787783&sr=8-4
"Release Date: July 14, 2009"

Today's Date: July 17, 2009
So...Is Amazon lying or has 1c just forgot to tell us it's been released? :P

Boyarpunk
07-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Nike-it, can you confirm Amazon's ship/release date?
Thanks.

Nike-it
07-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Nike-it, can you confirm Amazon's ship/release date?
Thanks.

The release date at amazon is wrong. The exact date is not confirmed yet.

Nokturnal
07-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Damn amazon... I should of known not to trust anything that sells books too :P

Jason
07-17-2009, 01:18 PM
The release date at amazon is wrong. The exact date is not confirmed yet.

Is this due to the date of completion for development being uncertain or is it financial / marketing department delays or issues? :confused:

OSS
07-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Is this due to the date of completion for development being uncertain or is it financial / marketing department delays or issues? :confused:

As i know, development/localization already completed & handed over the publisher.. i think it will be released soon..

Nike-it
07-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Worthplaying published 17 screens from Moment of Truth.
You can find them here (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=64388).

dorcky
07-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Worthplaying published 17 screens from Moment of Truth.
You can find them here (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=64388).

Yes! The images are added on gamespot on 17 but still no release date!
Damn... why it takes so long... i think the game is ready to be played, still is not on the market yet... Why... Why ??? What are waiting for ??? :evil:

Nokturnal
07-22-2009, 05:13 AM
Okay now i am thoroughly confused...
Gamespot has posted a video review - Giving the impression that this game has been released, and has been played...?
http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathtospiesmot/video/6213780/death-to-spies-moment-of-truth-video-review
Which is part of the text review which can be found here
http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathtospiesmot/review.html

Gamespot is a decent site, but when it comes to these Russian games they have ALWAYS been very slow and there are quite a few games such as 7.62mm ToW 2, which haven't even recognised as being released yet...So I was just wondering if this is infact true and the game is released but we weren't informed?

kevinv
07-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Okay now i am thoroughly confused...
Gamespot has posted a video review - Giving the impression that this game has been released, and has been played...?
http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathtospiesmot/video/6213780/death-to-spies-moment-of-truth-video-review
Which is part of the text review which can be found here
http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathtospiesmot/review.html

Gamespot is a decent site, but when it comes to these Russian games they have ALWAYS been very slow and there are quite a few games such as 7.62mm ToW 2, which haven't even recognised as being released yet...So I was just wondering if this is infact true and the game is released but we weren't informed?

Hi there! As it happens, I am the GameSpot editor who reviewed Moment of Truth. We received review code for Moment of Truth over a week ago, though it did not include any embargo information or a definite release date (it is worth noting that Aspyr's site indicates the game is now available, though I don't know whether or not that is true). Obviously, I played Moment of Truth from beginning to end--I wouldn't have been able to review it or provide screenshots and video of the game if I hadn't!

I will ask someone to put a few feelers out and find out if we can find some information regarding the game's release date. For what it's worth, we don't overlook a game based on where it is developed, though our rather small team of reviewers simply cannot review everything. We rely on receiving review code for smaller titles like Death to Spies. If we don't receive review code, niche games will go unreviewed, often because the game is impossible to find on store shelves and may be unavailable on services like Steam and Direct2Drive. And while it is unfortunate, when having to choose which games to review and which we must sadly overlook because we simply can't review everything, we have to choose the game more likely to interest our readers.

I'd never heard of 7.62 mm until I read this thread, but I guarantee we haven't received review copies of it, and obviously we can't review a game if we don't have it. In this case, we received the game and were able to review it. 1C is usually pretty good about sending us code--that's why we were able to post reviews for games like Cryostasis, Necrovision, Death Track: Resurrection and so on. The good news on an occasion like this is at least you know the game is done... so with luck, a shelf date isn't too far off.

Nokturnal
07-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the quick response Kevin - I was hoping that the reviewer was someone who visited this forum :P and of course i wasn't saying the review was a fake or anything of that nature..I was just concerned because, being an Australian..We don't get these games in our stores, so i have to rely on forums such as these and websites such as Gamespot so i can know when to start searching the online stores.

I apologise if it seemed as if i was saying that Gamespot ignore games based on who made it - I didn't mean that at all, as you said, it's more likely that the reviewers simply don't know the game has been released, or perhaps there is little to no hype regarding the game so they aren't even made aware of the fact it's coming.

I only mentioned that Gamespot are slow when it comes to Russian games because sometimes a game can be in (online) stores for half a year before they finally announce it's been released on the website - However, again, this isn't the fault of anyone in particular..As the website just seems to focus on outside of Europe sales primarily, so a release date will remain TBA (US) until it's released in the states...
People who haven't been following the game at a place such as the 1c forum/homepage..Will not know the game is out...Only a minor problem, but the games that are good enough like Death to Spies/Men of War do get the recognition they deserve :) that's why i continue to use Gamespot.

7.62mm is the sequel to the unofficial sequel of the Jagged Alliance series (well that's what i have gathered..) but it was only used as an example because it was one of the less hyped/anticipated games and i was trying to make a point :P
I am not surprised that a code wasn't sent for that game though (no offense 1c..) However i am still wondering why Theatre of War 2 hasn't been reviewed yet? The original was fairly well known and the sequel appeared to be more of the same great features..Though last time i checked, GS has 2 variations..One titled Theate of War 2, and one titled Theatre of War 2 Afrika Corps...Both are the same game, and neither state they have been released yet - But i suppose this can be explained by not being able to obtain a copy/code...So i will just shut up now..

Anyway, enough ranting and rambling..I am very glad to see the review, now i know i should start looking at online stores :)
Thanks again, and a nice review too by the way.

Combat Goose
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey guys/gals,

I've also reviewed Death to Spies: Moment of Truth, here's the link if you're interested: http://gamingexcellence.com/pc/games/2242/review.shtml

We've actually had a copy of the game for a few weeks now (it took me several days to actually beat the game inbetween its difficulty and having a full time job).

The copy we did receive was also a review build and not a retail copy, but from what I can see, I doubt there's going to be any major chances between the two so I'd expect to see the game out sooner rather than later.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them :)

Jason
07-24-2009, 03:09 PM
What I would like to know is, Death to Spies Moment of Truth, is it an expansion? or a true Sequel (Death to Spies 2)? If it is an expansion, is the Development team working on a new game type or thinking Death to Spies again? :D

hykao
07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
This question's been already answered, they said: "it is addon, but it doesn't need original game to run.. will run without it.."

...and I hope they're gonna make sequels more...

dorcky
08-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Hmmm, well on gamespot apears again a date for this release (10 Aug. 2009). Intresting there is no date on oficial site. What is the explination for this? Will be released on that date? On the other hand on Amazon apears the date of August 18, 2009.

Who can tell exact date of release ? :confused:

Jason
08-02-2009, 06:10 AM
The demo has definitely satisfied me for now. But I really don't like it when they give seasonal release dates because not every one is in the same damn country. Seasons happen at different times over the globe and they go for months. Summer here in Australia starts in December, but that’s like winter for America.

What is this Summer 2009, is it for Europe? America? Russia?

No release date seems to equal uncertainty and anxiety, a defined release date equals a goal.

hykao
08-04-2009, 01:29 AM
I dare swear they thought about SUMMER as SUMMER on the northern hemisphere...(from June till August)...but you know that well... :rolleyes:

Liz Shaw
08-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Yeah, Summer '09 in the Southern Hemisphere is impossible now, because it goes on for one month (December), then the New Year starts. I was betting it would be Summer '09 in the Northern Hemisphere...