PDA

View Full Version : fly planes?

huntyman
03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Quick question, planes in multiplayer games, how do you fly them? maybe i am noob, but i just dont see how. i can only seem to shoot from them and move at taxing speed. What button is "up"? lol. I'll maybe need to know the "down" button aswell. And eject button too.

WeaponXMerc
03-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Actually I'm wondering which maps have airplanes available. Is it only certain ones? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Were they added in the patch? Thanks if anyone can help me.

Mistress
03-23-2009, 12:08 AM
As far as i know there is only 1 map with planes, the desert airfield.
You can only fly it in direct mode, get in the plane, take some speed and hit the space bar button to take off.
After that i dont know if/how to control altitude but you can land by pressing space again.

I am sure soon enough, there will be mods with more planes =)

dannyboy1939
04-23-2011, 02:18 AM
After pressing spacebar in DC my pilot gets ejected into the air. After holding S and pressing spacebar my pilot is ejected into the air. After holding down W and switching to S after i press spacebar my pilot is ejected to the air. After pressing W and letting go and pressing Shift+Spacebar my pilot is ejected into the air. After pressing spacebar and holding the arrowkeys (tried all 4) my pilot is ejected into the air. And finally after pressing space bar many times ive found i eject my pilot.....wtf am i missing.

Tried all the factions elite special infantry, tank crews from quite a few tanks, ATG crews/MG crews, resupply truck crews. and i still taxi hit space and eject pilot...only thing i havent tried is map editor, Men of War (im playing Assault Squad ATM) and online vs players (where its near impossible to get a plane refuled, crewed and a takeoff strip that isnt contested with enemy inf/ATGs/tanks on Desert Airport (believe thats the only online one with a few planes..another map with p51s is in Men of War with same name i think) but all in all spacebar is literally a spacebar

CMDR Sweeper
07-10-2011, 04:58 AM
This is different in Men Of War AS :P They fucked up that game a lot by remapping nearly the entire keyboard.
W and S control altitude, spacebar or "Change stance" key is the one for takeoffs and landing.

As for the flying itself, well the camera kinda kills it since you cannot get a proper chase cam view during normal gameplay.
The camera follows to a certain altitude but that is too low and as such you are left with one navigational tool and that is the minimap.

kane1
07-10-2011, 06:54 AM
A easy way to learn how to fly the planes is to do it in the Editor. Find a map with lots of room. Once you have a soldier in the plane take DC, the arrow keys control the plane(ver. 1.02). "Up Arrow" is the throttle on the ground, just get the plane moving then hit the "spacebar", then "downarrow". Once in the air "uparrow"(descends), "downarrow"(climbs), left and right arrows (left and right). The spacebar lowers the landing gear. W,A,S,D, for newer versions.

Here's what's possible,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBNPycvv31U