PDA

View Full Version : Reply from Igor Belago to your questions (latest news we have) 3/20/09

Ubaku
03-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Edit:

Important: I have noticed that I translated question 12 wrong. I have now included the correct translation. I apologize for any problems that this may have caused.

-Ubaku

As you all know I have written another email to Igor Belago on March 2nd. The email had 16 questions asked by members of the Russian 1C forums. Here is the reply to that email.

You can find the original in Russian here. http://forums.games.1c.ru/index.php?mid=2215884

Here is the letter itself

Good day!

Hello Ubaku and all the members of the 1c Rig'n'Roll forums.

Again I apologize for the delay in replying to your letter.

I will try to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability.

1. It is already the beginning of 2009. How close is the team of developers to finishing the testing process and to the release of Rig'n'Roll?

Answer: Sadly we are still in the testing process.

2. Is there a chance that the game will be released in a couple of months or in 2009 period? Can you say, at least approximately when the game will be released?

Answer: Yes, the game will actually be released in a couple of months, but I can’t name an actual date yet.

3. Also can you say what the developers are doing right now, what part of the game is being tested exactly?

Answer: Testing is being done on many different parts of the game at the same time. The hardest part right now is the correction of various errors in the script and missions part of the game. At the same time we are balancing the economic and racing parts.

Our mathematical calculations are now being tested by actual gamers. At the same time we are fixing any errors we run into on accident while trying every single part of the game.

4. We saw that at http://games.gamepressure.com the release date is April 2009. Of course we don’t take seriously any release date, except the one at the 1c website or at www.rignroll.com, but still we are interested whether that release date is true or not?

Answer: See my answer to question 2.

5. Did the worldwide financial crisis effect the development of the game, and the release date in any way?

Answer: How could it not affect us? We are in the same situation as the rest of the world right now. We are forced to cut back on pay to our employees, and to lay off employees like many companies are doing right now. This won’t really affect the release of the game, what affects the release the most, is the size of the game world, its truly huge!

6. If you had a chance to go back in time 8 years, to when you were deciding what to put into the game what, if anything, would you want to change?

Answer: We wish we could avoid a couple of dead end ideas, which took up a lot of time. But sadly, as in any attempt at creating something new and innovative, you will make mistakes. Since the beginning of development our concepts of the game have grown dramatically, in my opinion only now is the game showing off its full potential.

7. Are there any problems with the licenses for trucks, which, since the beginning of development have been taken off the market? (If you remember the use of the K100 was prohibited precisely because it was taken off the market)

Answer: Sadly we could not obtain licenses for some of the vehicles. Some of them we have taken out of the game, some have been replaced by other vehicles. The K100 was originally put into the game as a pretty popular truck, even though it was taken off the market a long time before the beginning of development of the game.

8. Do you have plans to expand the game series further in the future? If so what are the plans?

Answer: We have a ton of ideas, but about actual current plans, that is a question for the publisher.

9. At the Igromir expo, in the demo version of the game, if you tried to upgrade a slightly damaged truck, you got a message which said,” Before upgrading, you first need to repair your truck"

Will this be in the final version of the game? Why was this function put into the game?

Answer: Yes, this function will be in the final version. It was put in for simplicity sake. For example, you can’t completely repaint a still damaged cab, you cant put in an engine upgrade while the engine doesn’t work in its default state, etc.

We decided it was unnecessary to make the gamer browse through a million different variations of upgrades for their truck. Besides, that is the way it’s usually done in real life by truck repair companies.

10. Will the game still have a school bus?

Answer: Yes

11. What is the point of hitchhikers that we can give a ride to in the game? Will they be part of a script or will they be merely for decorative purposes and mainly an extra way for the trucker to earn money?

Answer: If you meet someone in real life and give them a ride, you will never know what it may lead to. Its same way in the game, you might just make some extra money, or you might find something you never expected.

12. What will happen if you hit a pedestrian, is this possible?

Answer: Yes, it’s possible. The pedestrian won't die, and there won’t be any blood. You will also very likely be arrested, and taken to jail.

13. Are there any problems with surround sound in windows vista, or will there only be stereo?

Answer: I didn't see any such problems yet.

14. Some gamers have noticed errors in the geometry of the trucks, mostly in the proportions. Will this be fixed?

Answer: I'm not exactly sure what errors you are talking about, please be more specific.

15. Will there be P.R. events or contests before the release of the game? If so, what type?

Answer: That’s a question for the publisher.

16. How much will the game cost in Russia? (approximately)

Answer: Same as in other countries. We are not quite sure yet.

Thank you very much for your time. The fans of Rig’n’Roll are always very grateful for your answers to our questions, we hope to have a chance to hold the Rig’n’Roll disk in our hands soon.

Answer from Igor: Thank you to all the fans of Rig’n’Roll for your interest, I am sorry if there was any question, which I misunderstood, or could not answer correctly.

Respectfully yours

-Igor Belago

movo.
03-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Couple of months.. couple of months.. couple of months... As said many times here, lots of work to make that huge ingame world with less than 25 employees. That ain't gonna work. Thanks for the email Ubaku.

Freak Of Nature
03-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Give me R'n'R I'll help to test it :D. Pleaseee

Freak Of Nature
03-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Just found a new video of R'n'R:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t6PnxeTwO0

Ubaku
03-22-2009, 03:44 AM
lol you saw when the car jumped up when he hit it. Thats the type of bugs they are fixing. ;-)

Nice music btw. Russian.

Freak Of Nature
03-22-2009, 10:23 AM
lol you saw when the car jumped up when he hit it. Thats the type of bugs they are fixing. ;-)

Nice music btw. Russian.

They should let us download the game and so we could help to test it. I think after couple of months they will say: "The game will be released in couple of months" :D

obsolum
03-22-2009, 10:49 AM
The game won't come out in 2009. His answer is largely the same as the one he gave us last year. "Testing is still in progress, still fixing bugs, yadda yadda".

Freak Of Nature
03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Hmm I wonder if they are going to make a new trailer. That would be pretty cool :)

Ubaku
03-23-2009, 10:26 PM
There are new screenshots, which are pretty darn cool. Check em out.

http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=new_id&publ_id=507

Azabache
03-23-2009, 11:32 PM
There are new screenshots, which are pretty darn cool. Check em out.

Killer game

See the blur arround the windshield in some of the shots? That might be an effect in the game as a warning that the driver's been on the road for too long, just a thought

Azabache
03-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Also note on the red Kenworth doing 114Km/h in the rain. See how the water spills from the bug deflector because of the wind? Bloody awsome

Whiskey
03-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Killer game

See the blur arround the windshield in some of the shots? That might be an effect in the game as a warning that the driver's been on the road for too long, just a thought

OR maybe it just warning you when you are over 100 or 110 mph

Freak Of Nature
03-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Killer game

No, check out the speed, it's because of the high speed, damn this game 100% will be faster than 18wos haulin and others :D, nice screens game looks very good, and who said trucks look bad? They look just great!

OR maybe it just warning you when you are over 100 or 110 mph

Woops didn't see you already explained that. :)

Azabache
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
114 mph = 180Km/h at just 1900RPM Hell!!!!

bakingcookies
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Maybe you can ask him next time why he's a compulsive liar.

Azabache
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Maybe you can ask him next time why he's a compulsive liar.

lol so it was Km/h then. I'm on the other side of the world, my russian is not very clear you know

obsolum
03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
lol so it was Km/h then. I'm on the other side of the world, my russian is not very clear you know
Bakingcookies' comment was not directed at you. He meant that next time when Ubaku sends an e-mail to Igor with questions regarding development of the game, he should ask Igor why he's a compulsive liar.

Funny comment, by the way :)

Azabache
03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Bakingcookies' comment was not directed at you. He meant that next time when Ubaku sends an e-mail to Igor with questions regarding development of the game, he should ask Igor why he's a compulsive liar.

Funny comment, by the way

Apologies

bubblesjs
05-04-2009, 07:56 PM
i think id rather play the game unfinished because it still looks better than 18 wheels of steel in its unfinished version. or they should release a beta

Pete379x
05-06-2009, 01:59 AM
i think id rather play the game unfinished because it still looks better than 18 wheels of steel in its unfinished version. or they should release a beta

Id rather play the game finished then to have it with all the bugs, so wait until its really done that simple.

KENWORTH
05-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Id rather play the game finished then to have it with all the bugs, so wait until its really done that simple.

i agree with you

Freak Of Nature
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Month and a half already passes and still no release date :| That's annoying :/

trucknisse
05-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Ubaku, when will you send another email?
We all understand your precious contact with Igor, but we are all curious. Send when you feel its ok.

Pete379x
05-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Month and a half already passes and still no release date :| That's annoying :/

The question is will there ever be a release date.

Freak Of Nature
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
The question is will there ever be a release date.

Nike-it some time ago said it will be announced very soon, I hope that soon will not be later than summer :/

trucknisse
05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
E3 2003: Rig 'n' Roll
US, May 22, 2003 - 1C had pretty wide variety of games to show at this year's E3. Everything from action packed shooters to games like Rig 'n' Roll, which is a truck driving simulation.
Developed by SoftLabs, Rig 'n' Roll will give players the chance to ship goods all over the great state of California. All of the main highways have been modeled both in and out of the cities so that you can take that long ride through the valley, from San Diego all the way up into San Francisco, finding secret and faster ways all the time.
Get ready to get behind the wheel of all of these American big rigs come Q3 or Q4 of 2004.
:

Yeah, right.

yuhui2009
05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I would like to ask? In the game, from south to north how many miles? Some people know? Thanks

trucknisse
05-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I would like to ask? In the game, from south to north how many miles? Some people know? Thanks

California is about 800 miles from North to South, and Igor has said it is compressed 1:10, so 80 miles in game. Driving 60 mph in game, it would take you 1h 20m.

yuhui2009
05-16-2009, 05:22 AM
March 12, 2008

SoftLab-NSK Official Conference
Questions and Answers

Q:
Are you still developing something or only testing the game? Or both? Can you give us development update?
A:
What is left:
1) The development of the unrealized part of the scenario.
2) Checking all the races and balancing of the rivals' competitiveness for different difficulty levels.
3) Finishing of some truck models.
4) Increasing of the graphics quality for powerful video cards.
5) Economic system balancing.

Q:
Will Atari or someone else publish Rig'n'Roll in America? Can we know who it will be?
A:
There is no publisher / distributor for North America now. We are currently negotiating this.

Q:
What will be the time between release in Europe and in America? Example: 1 month?
A:
It's not defined yet. We will inform you ASAP.

Q:
Does Russia count as Europe and is it included in the September date?
A:
The publisher of the game in Western Europe is 505 Games. It's up to them to decide, when to release it in Europe.

Q:
Demo question again, are you 100% sure you won't release a demo for us?
A:
The release of the demo is not planned.

Q:
Can you make at least five minutes (or longer) video with all sounds?
A:
It's not planned.

Q:
Will you give away free Rig'n'Roll steering wheels to the first few buyers when the game is released?
A:
We will think about this option. This might be a good thing for the game community.

Q:
Will the game be released for Xbox 360?
A:
It's not planned.

Q:
What are final system requirements now?
A:
Recommended:
• Windows 2000/XP/Vista
• Intel Core 2 Duo
• RAM 2,0 Gb
• Video card of nVidia GeForce 8800 or Radeon X1950 class 256 MB or more
• HDD 10 Gb free space
• Steering wheel, pedals.

Q:
What are minimal system requirements?
A:
Minimal:
• Windows 2000/XP/Vista
• Processor 2,0 Ghz
• RAM 1,0 Gb
• Video card of nVidia GeForce 5700 or Radeon 9600 class 128 Mb
• HDD 10 Gb free space.

Q:
Will Rig'n'Roll work on Windows Vista?
A:
Yes, it will work on Vista.

Q:
Will wide screen resolution (e.g. 1440x900) be supported without program scaling?
A:
Yes, it will be supported.

Q:
Can we choose options to play in window or full screen?
A:
Full screen only.

Q:
Will it be possible to control truck with mouse?
A:
No.

Q:
How long time we need to across gaming map from one edge to another?
A:
Approximately 2–2.5 hours when you will drive from South to North.

Q:
Would the actual driving time in the game be just like the driving time in real life. For example, if you drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco in real life and it took you about 5 hours? Would it take you about the same amount of time to drive from one city to another city in the game?
A:
The time contraction coefficient in the game equals 20. It means, that if you go from to LA to SF in the real life, it takes you about one day, and in the game it will take you about 1 hour.

Q:
In some extreme accident is it possible to die and restart the game?
A:
Yes, it's possible.

Q:
How much mafia bother inside game?
What bad things can mafia do for truck driver?
Which appliance mafia use for stop truck driver in road?
If player not like mafia then can they turn off mafia in option?
A:
They can even kill him.

Q:
Will the story always end the same or it is possible to complete the story differently?
A:
There are several ends of the story.

Q:
How many shortcut roads will there be in the game?
A:
Yes, there will be shortcut roads, but their amount is a secret.

Q:
Will there be car jams? Approximately how many cars can we see on screen?
A:
Yes, there will be car jams. As for the maximum amount of cars seen on the screen, you will be able to see up to 80 cars and up to 100 pedestrians. The traffic level can be changed.

Q:
Will be barrow or hollow (cavity) on the roads?
A:
Yes, there will be barrow or hollow, but most roads are very good Californian ones.

Q:
Logging camp far away in the forest with dirt and mud roads in bad condition?
A:
Yes, but it's not much.
First of all we thought of roads for long-haul trucks.

Q:
Will there be snowy roads or we will only see snow on mountains? And will we see snowing?
A:
Well, we can say, that there won't be snow-covered roads, but there will be the ice-covered ones.

Q:
Will we be able to control main character or we will only see him moving in script videos?
What freedoms will be presented to us for lieser activities, like bar, hookers, truck stops etc.?
A:
You will be able to point where you want you hero to go. And then the script movie goes.

Q:
We saw screenshot about police arresting truck driver, then how long he must be in jail or in police office and police car?
A:
Well, it can be penalty or jail.
The game ends if you get into jail.

Q:
For about how many things will police try to arrest you for?
A:
For quite many.

Q:
Will the police pull over other drivers besides us?
A:
Yes, they will.

Q:
If somebody (AI driver/competitor) crashes in you, will it always be our fault and we have to pay fine?
A:
If the police decides, that you are unguilty, they will punish the other participant of the accident.

Q:
Will there be Speedmeters by the road, which were in Hard truck 2?
A:
No.

Q:
Will there be upgrades for the semi-trailers (better foundation or disk brakes, air suspension)?
A:
Only for the heavy haulers.

Q:
Exactly how much will you be able to customize your truck? Will you be able to do things such as different interior, different sleeper, different horns, etc
A:
You will be able to change the color, the painting type, the tinting coating, the upholstery, the dashboard, indicators. Also there are several dozens of special upgrades for the truck.

Q:
Does the game implement disk brakes, ABS, ESP, and so on...?
A:
There are a lot variety upgrades for trucks especially, but we would not like to disclose this list now.

Q:
How many different skins will be made for the trucks?
A:
More than 10.

Q:
Will there be daycab variants of trucks available?
A:
No, there won’t be daycab variants for driving. In traffic only.

Q:
Will in each city be only one loading warehouse? As we notice all of them are same. Will there be different warehouses?
A:
Each city will have only one warehouse. They will look different from each other, but not to such extent, that you can't realise it's warehouse. You will be able to load not only at warehouses.

Q:
We still don't know for sure if there will be able to buy and drive cars not only trucks?
A:
No. The game is in the first place about the 18 wheelers.

Q:
I read somewhere that the AI truck drivers will react differently to your actions (e.g.: blowing the horn impatiently at a driver might cause them drive slower). Has this feature been implemented into the game?
A:
Yes, AI truck drivers will react on the actions of your driver, but we’d like to keep them in secret now.

Q:
How interactive AI is, do they react if you drive too slowly or make sudden line change?
A:
We can say that they will react, but the way they will do it in is a secret.

Q:
Will AI cars use blinkers? Because in trailer and latest video we didn't notice AI using them?
A:
Yes, they will.

Q:
Which animals cross the road such like buck etc.?
A:
Californian roads are fenced very well. So there will be no animals on the roads.

Q:
Is there support if truck crashed and damaged badly and then arrive ambulance, truck service such a thing?
A:
No, may be just police.

Q:
Are there ambulances, fire trucks in the game? Does all traffic give right away to them like pull to the right on a road to let them go by?
A:
No, such cars aren’t presented in the game.

Q:
How about helicopters? In Hard Truck 2 there was helicopter and I like that how about them being in Rig'n'Roll?
A:
The helicopters aren't planned.

Q:
Will AI get into real life crashes?
A:
Yes, they will.

Q:
I saw in a video a in-progress animation of a Peterbilt crashing through the side of the wall. Will you be able to crash through buildings in the game?
A:
You won’t be able to crash through a wall, but there will be many other objects, that can be broken.

Q:
What are the features of truck-stops?
A:
Different truck-stops have different features, such as motels, fuel stations, bars, service stations.

Q:
I saw motel room screenshot and what truck driver can do there?
What driver can do inside bar?
Seeing Taco bell, Wendys and Dennys in some screenshots, can you actually go out of your truck, into the restaurant and eat in there or what can you do in there?
A:
It has its own functionality.

Q:
When the game says "Racing game" in the title, does this mean racing other trucks across country, or is there separate options in the game such as simulator without the racing, to free drive around and choose or plan loads and deliver them at our own pace?
A:
There will be three difficulty levels in the game. The easiest one is the most arcade one. A player will be able choose whether to take part in races or not.

Q:
Will the acceleration of cars and trucks be like the acceleration in the real life?
A:
Yes, in the most cases it will be the same as in the real life, but in some cases there are some gameplay exaggerations.

Q:
How fast are the trucks able to drive?
A:
It depends on many factors, such as the engine type, the state of the truck, the road surface, the upgrades of the truck, the weather, etc. The maximum speed in ideal conditions is about 100 mph.

Q:
I would also like to know the physics of the trucks. Will they have slow acceleration, long stops and etc.?
A:
We think that the physics is realistic enough. We hope you will feel it on the spot.

Q:
Will damage be visible not only on truck but also on trailer/cargo?
A:
The trailers will be damaged too.

Q:
Will the trucks get original sound?
A:
Yes, they will.

Q:
Is there real-life truck sounds and are the mitir / wheel etc. brands real life?
A:
The sounds are very realistic.

Q:
Is there a motor brake?
A:
Yes, it is.

Q:
Will the gas mileage be affected by the way you drive, e.g. you drive aggressively and rev a lot, thus you run out of gas really quickly? You drive environmentally friendly and shift at 2000 to 2500 rpm's and thus, run out of gas less quickly.
A:
The gas mileage will depend on many factors, such as the model of the truck, the engine type, the way of driving, the loading level of the trailer, the weather, and the lay of the ground.

Q:
I have only one screen about rain. It is nice, but will be blur (transparent) on window and mirrors?
A:
Yes.

Q:
Will your truck get flat tires and will you be able to fix the tires?
May you get engine problems when\if you do not maintenance it?
A:
Yes.

Q:
Will you need to service your vehicle (for example, change the oil and etc.)?
A:
It’s up to a player. But the consequences of his decision will certainly follow.

Q:
Will there be visual effects on low pressure in the tires, problems with suspension, oil leak?
A:
Some of them will be realized, some of them won't.

Q:
In overweight will there be problems with suspension, tires or elastic?
A:
No, a trailer is loaded according to its cargo capacity.

Q:
Roads of mud; it is possible to lock the wheels and axles to increase the traction (in the 6x4 trucks)?
Is the wet or iced road affecting to truck handling?
A:
It depends on the type of the truck.
Water and ice will affect to truck handling.

Q:
If it snows and is pouring ice/snow, will it be possible for it to form a ice puddle and you can go on it on your truck and do donuts, burnouts, skids, etc.?
A:
Yes, there will be ice on the roads in winter. Actually, if you drive well, you will be able to do donuts, skids etc. even on the dry road.

Q:
In Hard truck 2 there was good CTRL feature, when you press that button (CTRL) your truck goes with all power and it becomes more easier to control truck on sharp turns, so will this CTRL feature be in Rig'n'Roll?
A:
Yes.

Q:
Will there be seasons in the game world (winter and summer, spring and autumn)?
A:
Yes.

Q:
How often will the weather change in the game?
A:
The weather corresponds to the real weather in California (to the particular year we’ve chosen).

Q:
When you start up the truck, do you have to do pre-trip inspection, and wait for all of the gauges to get into their correct positions?
A:
Anyway, its useful, especially if the player can detect the defect according to the indicators (as well as the defect of the indicators themselves).

Q:
Will we be able to use a manual clutch on a steering wheel because I have got the Logitech G25 and this steering wheel got 3 pedals (throttle, brake, clutch)?
A:
Yes, you will be able.

Q:
Can we use the H-Gear changer from the Logitech G25?
A:
Yes.

Q:
How high will the steering impact be? 900 degrees? Because my steering wheel got a 900 degrees steering impact.
A:
For the steering wheels with the impact of 900 degrees, it will be 900 degrees. BTW, you will be able to see hands and sometimes legs of the virtual driver on some cameras. But not on the main one.

Q:
Will there be any add-ons and sequel after Rig'n'Roll is finished?
Is there any plans and chance the developers make a new game for EU with European truck map etc.?
Companies are releasing new truck models every year (e.g.: the newly released International Lone Star). Will there be updates adding these new models to the game to keep it current?
Is it editable for new truck, trailer?
A:
We have many plans. But now we prefer to concentrate on the game itself. We can speak about expansions and sequels only when the game is on shelves.

Q:
Is there possibility that multiplayer will be made after game release as a patch or add-on?
A:
There won't be a multiplayer in the final version of the game. As for including multiplayer in add-ons and sequels, we're thinking about it. Can’t tell it right now. We’re focused on the releasing the game this year now.

Q:
After the game is released will you still support the game and give out patches, fixes and etc.?
A:
Yes, we do plan to do it.

yuhui2009
05-16-2009, 05:24 AM
California is about 800 miles from North to South, and Igor has said it is compressed 1:10, so 80 miles in game. Driving 60 mph in game, it would take you 1h 20m.

You said, different?

yuhui2009
05-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Scheduled Release Date: 2009

The game gets you into the role of a young man who in 2024 arrives in California. Its sole purpose is to meet your old dream - to establish a transportation company, operating throughout California, which will have no competition. There are miles and miles of highways, many towns and villages, which means you can capture your company and become a trucker so most in California. Rig'n'Roll is the successor of Hard Truck series, but in RnR is placed much greater emphasis on realističnost. Players can the executive controlled truck one thousand km of existing highways, visiting the fair city such as Los Angeles, San Francisco or San Jose. We, however, even small towns and villages, where rarely anyone zabloudí. You will have to compete with their rivals for the favor of customers, to drive faster than them, just so you can conquer the transport market.

Some other confirmed facts and a summary of all information:

demo out

* game will be released in English with Czech manual
* price in the Czech Republic is 284, --
game is likely to be at two to three DVDs, which illustrates the scale and diversity of the game world, the total amount of disk space 10 gigabytes (for comparison: 18 WoS PttM-Haulin have about 150 MB)
in the game, a real 2000 km of roads with 40 cities

in the game may be a fatal accident = restart game
accident - the police will decide on excel, the opportunity to get close to a fine or jail = restart game
Rig'n'Roll will contain about 40 different models of truck, each will have more than 10 skins
these trucks will continue to make every possible tweak, such as installing a stronger engine or multi-gear
All handling should correspond to the physical laws
>> more on the physical characteristics of the game here
inability to manage the car
AI drivers will respond to toot, slow driving, improper driving, etc.
can happen that the animal appeared on the road, the road in California are apparently well-fortified
in the game unfortunately nesetkáme with hasickým car or ambulance
Location will play the Czech
not static radar
will be demolished and damage various objects
Finally, the possibility of destroying the truck and trailer, damage will be visible
physical features of vehicles should be fair
in the game are real sounds
will rotate with the seasons
on the road unfortunately nesetkáme the snow, with ice
rain and ice will deteriorate handling vehicles
weather will be fair as in California, ie. change, rainfall, etc.
the possibility of using all 3 pedals for some wheel, the game will support the connector
multiplayer is not included in final version of the game, but it is possible that will appear in a add-one
authors of the game plan after the game, and issue-they add a patch to correct errors, etc.. It is possible that the meet is the map of Europe and European trucks
in each truckstopu, bar, motel and gas station, a different assortment of goods or other services and prices
in the game will be radio
it will take hitchhikers / hitchhiker
go off the race for loading into the subsequent landing
freedom in the game, the option to withdraw from the Truck and go almost anywhere, of course, will scriptovaná video (again benefit from 18 wheels series, where you are locked in cans) recently confirmed in the last video
Road congestion will continue to appear, can be seen up to 80 cars
levels of traffic will change
it may happen that prorazíte tire of some hole in the road, which will appear
appears in the game Mafia, which may even kill your hero
you go across from one end to the other side of the map (north-south) should take about 2.5 hours, this again svědší scale of the game world
hardware requirements are already finished (you can find it in the hardware requirements)
All names are licensed truck, ie the encounter with real names such as Kenworth, Volvo or Freightliner
among others are planned less pick-ups and deliveries
You can expect many types of trailers for various kinds of goods carried
one of the possible settings will apply to the hands of the driver's view on the steering wheel
see the same view as in previous titles, but there will also some new
newly appear different disorders and the failure of the truck
pedestrians in the game will be
you will need to comply with existing road rules and laws of California (they are different from European)
it is very unlikely that it became possible to add games trucks, trailers, or even edit the map (on the map it's clear response to the addition of truck was not very obvious)
in each town is one loading area, but the possibility will be treated both inside and outside
in the AI traffic will take place the actual traffic accidents
in the game will be different levels, from factory to the "simulation" in truck transport, the lightest of the Arcade mod, where you will be able to choose the weather, turn off and turn on the plants, where to start, etc.
Well, I hope you dočetli up here, because it really worth it: o) Otherwise, I'm sorry, if you like this info seems a bit jumbled and inconsistent, but it is the collected information from various interviews and the official Web site.

yuhui2009
05-16-2009, 05:35 AM
This is an interview with the developer that the:

1. as we know,it's impossible to do something without shaders. at the of beginning the development we planned for 10 times compression of the game world. .this means that we were going to have about 1000 kilometers of real roads. we actually did even better. as result we now have about 2000 kilometers of real roads. this territory includes 40 cities,including los angeles,san diego. san francisco and sacramento
2. in game. Driving 60 mph in game, it would take you 1h 20m.
in the game, a real 2000 km of roads with 40 cities
Q:
A:

This is your answer:

California is about 800 miles from North to South, and Igor has said it is compressed 1:10, so 80 miles

in game. Driving 60 mph in game, it would take you 1h 20m.

A result, different!

yuhui2009
05-16-2009, 05:40 AM
According to the answer you say, combined with the road map, the result should not be 2000 kilometers, 400 kilometers south to the north before the appropriate

yuhui2009
05-16-2009, 05:56 AM
This is an interview in 2006:
"Igromaniya" # 2, 24 January 2006

Dalnoboyschiki 3. Conquest of America

On the other side at once and the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, there is a big and great country - the

United States of America. Many people in Russia do not like it, called the "upstart, without history

and culture, and almost the main enemy of all civilized humanity.

Nonetheless, between our two countries, strangely enough, a lot in common. No, no, we are not

hinting that Russia is also a "mushroom without the history and culture," and talking about another,

much more pleasant things. For example, in the United States, and we are very developed road

transport, which long ago turned sheer 'delivery of goods from point A to point B, "turned into a real

subculture with their characteristics and customs. To see a piece of this subculture, it is enough to

see any American "roadmuvi" - none of them live without the next stage: motel somewhere in

California, an empty highway, parked doze huge trucks, and obsharpannoy eatery mother drove

share the latest news and wash bone Government.

It is there, this eatery obsharpannoy holds path Novosibirskaya company Softlab-nsk with his new

project "Dalnoboyschiki 3: The Conquest of America." Take, however, still very, very long time -

leave the game was appointed in 2006, and is not at its beginning. So it's time overhangs with

sleeping shelves and listening to travel stories. Luckily they have Igor Belaga, our driver (and part-

time - Director of a virtual reality company Softlab-nsk), very much.

History first. About wrong road

Of course, the "Americanization" of famous game series and have a commercial intent: it is enough to

issue a "Dalnoboyschikov" in the vast United States - and money overseas buyers raging river leakage

in the wallet. You can, of course, anger at the developers for this and accuse them of lack of

patriotism. And you can look on the other hand, good hand: it is we have to plunge into a new

world - a wonderful, unusual and very inviting. Want proof? Well, they do Igor.

Igor, hello! Let's open our readers a little secret: before you begin to conquer America for its

"Dalnoboyschikami, you and your colleagues have made several visits to the country - gathered

material for future games. Tell me, what impression you have left after getting acquainted with the

kings of American roads?

Initially, it was the sea ... Small sailboats furrow the great expanses of oceans, killed in a storm,

download at the reefs, was broken on the rocks. But the sea was called, and new adventurers go.

Life - this is the road, the road - this is life. Along with the wind thing of the past romance of sea

routes, replacing it is the romance of motorways. As descendants of the great navigators, the

Americans remain in the soul of adventurers and pioneers. It is no accident that park cars in almost

any American transport corporation called the "fleet", and place names often include a reference to

the side of light, such as East Main Street and West Lake Village.

It is no coincidence that the U.S. drivers are so fond of their trucks. Today's dalnoboyschik not

obliged to know the device "truck" right up until the last screw - there is a huge service station. Few

sleeps in luxury "sleeping bag" - in fact, there are extensive network of hotels. However, almost all

dalnoboyschiki soul chayut not in their "iron horses": decorate them invent names, etc. In fact, as

the mariners past dalnoboyschiki most of his life spent in the car on the road. Life - this is the road,

the road - this is life. And, you know - this is probably the main thing that we learned about the

people who are dedicated to the game.

Sometimes while traveling to California with you kakienibud in some cases, funny or just interesting

stories. Maybe tell us a couple?

It happened in San Francisco, during the first expedition. Imagine - the end of 2001. America still in

shock after the events of September Eleventh. At the Golden Gate Bridge are military "Hammer" at

the airports - continuous testing. There is, in general, a pleasant time.

We return from Yurik on US101 (name of the highway - Prim. Ed.). Stopped at the pharmacy to buy

drugs. Exit - our car is a small southeastern citizen at mokike. And if you put mokik on the rear

wheel, as a citizen to mokik, it just suffice to the roof of a massive jeep.

So, while we estimate, we will put mokik on the rear wheel, Southeast villain tried to zapihnut us the

paper under the wiper. We ask him: "You are what lazish on someone else's car?". And he replied:

"You a fine for wrong parking." We say that parking is correct, only automatic parking почемуто

money do not stop, we honestly tried. It turned out that there is a small plate - "only for commercial

vehicles." Arrived at the hotel, read a long piece of paper, calls for a variety of phones and, finally,

shows that, it turns out, some fines can pay by credit card. Coped. So we joined the American

budget for the first time. And, unfortunately, not the last!

And how you have helped these trips? Is easier to recreate the game world?

Helped, of course, very much - in fact we have seen with your own eyes what is in our game. But

there was more - a very, very controversial issue.

See - there were four road expeditions, each of which we have been around for thousands of

kilometers dvetri. Big cities were taken on foot, the road - on the move in the two chambers.

Initially, we planned to "squeeze" the playing card, making it ten times less than the actual card. The

idea is to crash a failure: we simply do not know the game of the World, which is seen alive. As a

result, a map, of course, have shrunk, but much smaller.

If we take four to three thousand miles - that will nemalenkaya figure, is not it? Yes, and four times

in two thousand - is also firmly in place. In general, you probably already realized that the gaming

world that awaits us in the third "Dalnoboyschikah" is enormous.

More about him again, tell Igor. Please describe, in an area of spread to the game.

World "Dalnoboyschikov" in the vast stretches of California and a small piece of Nevada. This is the

Pacific coast and the snow-capped mountains of the Sierra Nevada. This flowering gardens of San

Joaquin Valley and scorched Mojave Desert. These red rocks Red Rock Canyon and alleys in the

forests of giant sekvoy Coastal Range. This stick mega skyscrapers like Los Angeles and comfortable

"western" type of towns Lon-Pine or Bridgeport ...

The history of the second. About nechuzhih most people

Last comment by Igor sounds impressive, does not it? But even the rich and beautiful game world

will be dead without a story, characters and interesting events. All this is now and will be discussed.

So, what place in the game to take our hero? Where to begin his career and what will happen to

him during the campaign?

Our hero - an aspiring entrepreneur, the owner of your own truck and a small transport company.

However, workers in it - the hero so his secretary. But over time, the player, of course, can make an

excellent career, moving his company to the leaders of the transport market.

So-so, a private business? Tell us about it in detail.

Actually, we have created a third "Dalnoboyschikah" the present economic simulator, which is

described in several journal pages will not be easy. Therefore - the most common points. So in the

beginning of the game, we have a truck and a small office with several commercial databases. We will

develop a typical pattern. First, making money, they buy new trucks and hire drivers. Then start to

"grow in breadth: to open offices throughout California, linked to the new trading bases, and so on.

And in the breaks - and even storylines able to perform the job.

And that story? What tricks are you going to distract a player from the economic system? Do Us

Waiting interesting turns, nonlinearity, additional tasks? Shall We See whether we have scripting

videos? Maybe you even poraduete us romantic line?

Yes, anything you name will be! Player waiting for videos to scripting engine, various interesting

events, surprises, adventures. Well, about "romantic line," we are not forgotten - it is time the King

of the roads, it must be the Queen!

However, it is worth noting that the story we did not "loom" over the player - if you prefer, you can

not comply fully focused on the economy or other entertainment.

These are the same?

First, additional quests will be different. Secondly, we have not forgotten about the race: from

street duels "to transkaliforniyskim cup dalnoboyschikov.

Are not you afraid that this is not quite similar to each other elements of "not sostykuyutsya

together?

No. We believe that the wind wheel bluntly - boring, need a variety of interesting assignments. In

addition, the player himself would be "sostykovyvat" these elements: I do not want to participate in

the race - is not involved.

The history of the third. About most home cars

At sites near the American motels, you can see a lot of interesting things. Trailers, for example. They

are even now in the bay art gallery: Here is a luxurious naked woman, that's kind of in Niagara Falls,

this is something in the "western" style, but the modest inscription "Mobile Christian group ... No,

this is not a joke, but a real church on wheels. The logic of the founders of Mobile Christian group is

simple: some dalnoboyschiki spend way too much time that they were even there to pray. But once

the mountain does not come to Mohammed - then let the church come to the mobile

dalnoboyschiku.

But, of course, the main guests at our banquet - this truck. The huge, powerful, well-maintained -

such luxury "tracks", as in the United States, you will not find in any other corner of the world. So

we are very interested to know - what will be the third fleet "Dalnoboyschikov.

Igor, tell us - that we were waiting in the garage? How many models of trucks in the game and

whether they are licensed?

The game is scheduled for more than two dozen truck tractors, and about the same number of cars.

Given the different versions produced around 240 raskrasok unlike each other cars - so that our fleet

will not be able to call "monotonous."

Licenses for some of the cars have already been received, the rest continue to engage specialists

from 1C.

Experts, of course, be interested in specific names. Well, part of the information about stamps

machines developers have already released games on the site. For example, a powerful Freightliner

Classic XL - one of the longest trucks in the world. Here is a wide-angled, like the International

sobakuboksera 9300 Classic Eagle. Here is a neat "sleek" Kenworth T600. This is ridiculous and a bit

ungainly Sterling A9500S ... In general, you have probably realized that the third "Dalnoboyschikah"

will ride on almost all American trucks, legends.

Will the game have any vehicles other than cars?

Planes, ships, trains, trams ... But you will need to travel on trucks.

It is difficult to model cars? Konsultiruetes Are you with their creators? Or chose a different path?

We have a very wide range of technical documentation for the cars. In addition, this time we are

trying to look at the car and "inside" - that is very actively communicate with those who are

traveling. This helps us to make the trucks are much more recognizable. "

And what with the physical model and system damage? How deeply modeliruete? Are there

different "levels of complexity?

Well, start with the fact that we have modeled twelve major real truck - such as engine, suspension,

etc. Each of them includes an additional four to six diverse sites. And any "screw" is a huge number

of states - for example, the amount of damage the body, we do almost indefinitely. From the

behavior of these units and it depends how the car will be managed.

Very interesting, we simulated maintenance vehicles. An advanced player may itself try to ascertain

the reasons for failure and, having arrived at a service station, make a "correct" repairs. Those who

are not very interesting, can rely on the opinion of mechanics. However, as in real life, this is not

always optimal for the costs and benefits.

And finally we'll talk about the schedule. In almost every interview we give developers the

opportunity to boast of its graphical engine. Let's give it to you - because we are confident that the

third "Dalnoboyschiki" will look no worse than competitors.

We faced a difficult task - simulate California in all its diversity. Actually, it was under it and we

"sharpen" their graphics engine: we will not have the levels of locations - the player will be able to

ride throughout the gaming area, without seeing the screen podzagruzki.

In addition, we pay special attention to the weather. It will change us for the same law, which is

changing weather and in the real California. We even introduced virtual weather forecaster, forecasts

that - you do not believe it! - Will often come true.

And in general - look at the screenshots. This is far from all the beauty that you see in the game.

Boundless California space. Mighty trucks, which sbivshis in caravans, bredut somewhere to horizon.

Long hours at the window of alternating types. Short stop at the motel. Yes, it's certainly cool - ride

to California on his own truck. And sadly, that this opportunity falls to us only a few months.

However, always sad when someone is late. We waited for the third "Dalnoboyschikov" even in the

distant 2004 - but their creators stayed, decided to make a detour, took a little more geympleynogo

"goods". And, as mentioned above, the arrival date moved up to 2006. But wait, of course, is - not

every day in our with you zaezzhayut edge of the game, the company that can conquer America.

This is an interview in 2008:
We are making a game where you dou't need to go to the main menu to load a level. This will be a seamless game world, an absolutely free world where you can go to any place you want. We decided to make the game take place in the USA. Why the USA? Because it has more in common with Russia than people think. Firstly,people in both countries have a simmilar mentality. Secondly,Truckers exist in both countries. I mean it's a very big professional segment. The idea of the game us that a young trucker comes to california, he has a little office and not much money,and he decides to expand hia business. He has hired a secretary and bought a second-hand truck. His aim is to make his one of the maior companies on the freight market of California. As a result he will find friends and enemies. There are no truckers on our developer's team. We could only find out the specific features of the profession by asking someone else. We found a trucker who let us try out his spot in his truck. By chance three of us got to sit and see it for ourselves. Our feelings were the following:"seats are soft,there is enough space,we can take everything with us we need: a phone,a microwave oven,modem,fax...everything! We also have a minimum of one berth in the cab. We created the truck in the way we wanted it to look. We used high-powered computers and all the calculations took a very long time. As a result we got the image we liked. then oue programmers with their head, Nikolay Elykov,worked out the engine. From the moment we saw our fist truck,where one can see everything including the truck that reflects the real world and changes according to the lighting,sunrise and even rain... at that moment we realized,that we must make this game. This is the feeling of freedom. The freedom in creating interiors and landscape exteriors. lt's not easy to make living colors and a lot of light. We made every detail as realistic as possible, l mean leather and plastic, and if we look closer it's fringes and other little details. We paid a lot of attention to the technology as well. As we know, it's impossible to do something without shaders. At the beginning of the development we planned for 10 times compression of the game world. This means that we were going to have about 1000 kilometers of real roads. We actually did even better. As result we now have about 2000 kilometers of real roads. This territory includes 40 cities, including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Sacramento. it's hard to create models of dirty cars in the USA, because one can hardly see such cars there. We added different elements to the cars, l mean polishing, metallic ,chameleons, shadows- we included all these things. As for the dirt, it's hard to find a place on a car where one could draw it and a gamer could notice it. So all the vehicles seem to be the cleanest elements of the game. The main secrets of creating weather effects such as rain drops on the windscreen and other things were done by means of new technologies and sometime that was the result of creativity from our programmers and designers. Such technologies were simple, but cunning. Finally, when we watched all of these weather effects, and saw how organic they are, we were really glad. The technique of the hauler handling is absolutely different to the technique of the truck and lorry handling. l mean you need to take into consideration the semitrailer its behavior. its drift is directed to the side opposite to the direction of the turn. lt corresponds with all the physical laws. lf you turn to the left, your trailer skids to the right. lf you go to a highway at a high speed and the highway is fenced, the trailer brushes against the fence. So you need to control the speed. We developed a damage model and our own physics model. lf a player stops for a moment and looks around, he can see up to 80 cars. Actually, it's a real achievment. Taking into consideration, that each car consists of about 50 000 polygons, there is no computer, that can render them. So we created very complicated intellingence aimed to detalize cars. A player should see the cars, that behave absolutely naturally, that his system can afford. So we created a special intellectual subsystem of traffic management, that dispatchea cars and gives them orders to move in some direction. ln effect to follow the US traffic rules, including all the road signs, road interchanges, etc. l really hope that players will appreciate it when they will see it. l mean they will see how this world lives, and that it is a living world. ln the game as in the real life you can get into jail and this will be the end of the game. You can get into conditions, which are incompatible with life on the road, this will be the end of the game. That is the difference from the previous parts of the game: there are many different endings of the game. You don't have only one alternative where you monopolize the market or you don't. There are many possible positive endings and negative ones as well. As for the soundtrack, we decided to make it the radio. 1C Company asked us to create Rig'nRoll's soundtrack based on the songs of our band "Aria". lt had to be brutal, modern and exciting, so that the player would want to put the pedal to the metal. l believe that our music fits the spirit of the game perfectly.

Therefore, the total mileage of roads is subject to change, not originally planned 1:10 compression.

Azabache
05-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Why the hell would someone paste endless text about such a STUPID matter?

digit
05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Why the hell would someone paste endless text about such a STUPID matter?

You've got me on that one mate

trucknisse
05-18-2009, 05:30 AM
According to the answer you say, combined with the road map, the result should not be 2000 kilometers, 400 kilometers south to the north before the appropriate

What are you talking about? Are you saying California is 400km from North to South? Have a look at a map man.

yuhui2009
05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I was under the road map for all to see, the official said the total length is 2,000 km, it should be from north to south about 400 kilometers. Otherwise there would be no 2000 kilometers, if you say compressed by 10 times, is 600 kilometers, it is not 2,000 km .

trucknisse
05-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Q:
A:

This is your answer:

400km in 2 hours? Thats a pretty good truck.

yuhui2009
05-19-2009, 10:44 AM
This is the official answer:
Q:
How long time, we need to map from the edge of the entire game to another?
A:
Approximately 2-2.5 hours when you drive from north to south.
Even 90 kilometers per hour, also from south to north about 200 kilometers

I was under the road map for all to see, the official said the total length is 2,000 km, it should be from north to south about 200 kilometers. Otherwise there would be no 2000 kilometers, if you say compressed by 10 times, is 600 kilometers, it is not 2,000 km.