PDA

View Full Version : Russian tanks and you

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
The IS-3 was nearly impossible to kill in a multiplayer match last night. I had a Tiger and King Tiger shooting at it for well over 20 minutes when it finally fell to one shot from a Sturm. Is there any tank guides out there? I seemed to be getting one shotted for a destroyed gun in my last game.

Evilsausage
03-20-2009, 06:42 PM
IS-3s has very good sloping armor. Which makes em hard nut to crack.
But thier gun is not as good as a King Tigers and it takes forever to relode it.

At maxsimum ranges a fight vs IS-3 and King tiger will take forever. But even if you drive a little closer with the King tiger you got a better chance of winning. Since your gun has better armor penetration and KT has slightly better frontal armor.

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Awesome! You wouldnt happen to have any guides online I could check out would you? Or is this simply from trial and error?

Evilsausage
03-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't really have a guide. But if you don't want to learn the hard way online.
You can always try test firing the tanks against eachother in the map editor if you want to see what the effective ranges are etc...

Some tanks for example got weakspots where its always good to aim.

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Im gonna have to take a look at the map editor over the weekend. Im not sure how to actually access it though.

Meep129
05-01-2009, 02:43 AM
I excessively use the tactic of sneaking infantry up and using AT grenades while having the tank distracted buy AT guns or another tank...

Prowlinger
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I use this often...

Send in any infantry near the tank to scare it and make it try and attack your men at close range...

Get the IS3 to turn 180 degrees from your opposing tank (waiting to fire)... if the infantry distract it well enough.. you can get some great hits (and even charge the IS with your AT/Tanks) and pierce the rear turret which seems to be much easier to take out. Use your machine guns to damage the treads between AT rounds... If your infantry have AT grenades then this will really help... but rear turret shots are pretty good enough to damage it... If using direct control... aim at the very bottom of the turret right near the gap to the body base... Like opening a can of tuna! :)

UnknownMan
05-01-2009, 05:24 PM
the better question is... what make a IS-3 in the WW2? So the German King Tiger or Jagdtiger never meet an IS-3... It will be great, when the german units get a Tank like the "Maus" or so... I see, that all country´s got a Prototyp... except Germany... well, its for the fairness, but its a little bit unrealistic to fight again tanks from other age´s...

Evilsausage
05-02-2009, 11:12 AM
the better question is... what make a IS-3 in the WW2? So the German King Tiger or Jagdtiger never meet an IS-3... It will be great, when the german units get a Tank like the "Maus" or so... I see, that all country´s got a Prototyp... except Germany... well, its for the fairness, but its a little bit unrealistic to fight again tanks from other age´s...

Yes true the prototypes might not really belong in a realistic ww2 game.
But i still think its better then in CoH where they made allied tanks better so they atleast have a chance vs Axis armor.
Factions like Japan would't work without prototype models.

Germany gets no prototypes because even thier tanks that saw combat was better then most of the allied prototype tanks.
Even tho i think Maus looks impressive, i don't think it would help making the game more fun.
Personaly i think all the midd game unit battles are more fun then late game King tigers vs IS-3s etc...

fugufish
05-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes true the prototypes might not really belong in a realistic ww2 game.
But i still think its better then in CoH where they made allied tanks better so they atleast have a chance vs Axis armor.
Factions like Japan would't work without prototype models.

Germany gets no prototypes because even thier tanks that saw combat was better then most of the allied prototype tanks.
Even tho i think Maus looks impressive, i don't think it would help making the game more fun.
Personaly i think all the midd game unit battles are more fun then late game King tigers vs IS-3s etc...

I wish they would balance the sides with unit cost instead of unrealistic prototype tanks..A Panther or Tiger 1 should totally dominate Shermans, but cost 5 times or more as much. KTs should be very very expensive. Most online battles turn into proto-super tank slugging matches.

bahabaha
05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
i don't no why they didn't include the (maus) (pzkpf 7) as they include the is-3
because the is-3 didn't see too much actions (or may be nevers) and it's the same for the (maus)
( they made 2 of them i think during ww2 one completed and one not , so every player suppose to have the right of purchasing 2 every single multiplayrer game the first a full tank and the second a destroyed one or without a turret :-P lol)

Evilsausage
05-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I wish they would balance the sides with unit cost instead of unrealistic prototype tanks..A Panther or Tiger 1 should totally dominate Shermans, but cost 5 times or more as much. KTs should be very very expensive. Most online battles turn into proto-super tank slugging matches.

Yes that may be true. However be sure to play games with normal income 300 or 400 per min and no refund.
If you play a game like that players will normaly never get more then one really heavy tank. And most battles will be with midd game units.

Medium tanks can many times pay of much more then getting a heavy tank. Have had many times t-34/57s and Hellcats taking out King tigers.
However in some fights its more or less impossible to flank and thats why all faction could need some heavy tanks.

TLC
05-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Cheap tactic to kill super tanks: one man(could just be a tankman) with dynamite from any tank. If you get it put down at the back they normally just wonder what the little fizzing thing is and then it overturns their tiger lol. And if it fails it's hardly a big loss.

I love the unpredictablility of combat it this game, like a 20mm cannon killing a KV 'cos it went in through the viewing slit, or a shell bouncing off your target and killing a different tank.

Buhler
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I found that a great way to take out a King Tiger, or any tank for that matter, is to watch for when your enemy goes silent. They're probably saving up points for something big, so watch the fog of war. When you see any trees or buildings randomly fall down, hide an assault squad around the place you expect the enemy tank at. The AT grenades and flamethrower should be more than enough to make the crew bail and if possible, use it for yourself.