PDA

View Full Version : Pure Virtual Function Call crash

txplayer
03-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I am having a problem finishing the battle with General Karador. Towards the end the game crashes with an error message "Pure virtual function call". I am running on vista 32 bit with quad processor 2.20 ghz and geforce 9600 GT.
I have tried changing setting and even turning off processes which use a lot of resources and the same thing happens. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Zonc
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
A quote from other site:
This happens where in the software a virtual call to a null pointer is encountered (an unknown or unreferencable function). In Media Player this at points occurs using codecs where the codec encounters misformatted data and as a result has issues. If this is happening a lot then you may want to check your RAM memory and/or BIOS settings to make sure you are not having occasional memory glitches in intensive operations that are causing this. Other than just plain ordinary bugs in various software packages that cause this, it is possible to have a corruption in some windows DLL somewhere that could be doing it. My bet is that you may be having the prior (RAM) problem as it sounds like you are running more intense operations (video decoding, gaming, etc.) when this happens.

Try reinstalling the game on onother drive/partition maybe.