PDA

View Full Version : Mistress' List of Suggestions

Mistress
03-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Work in progress, constructive ciricism more than welcome!
:!: are what I consider very important

User Interface
Team chat in gameroom(only general and game??) :!:
cyrillic characters support :!:
PlayerStats viewing with a click
chatrooms by language
Automatch/player ranking
Observer mode (optional) :!:
Replay system :!:
Clan games/ranking

Audio and Graphics
artillery whistle
audio clues (infantry radioing when under fire)
map beacon audio warning :!:

Gameplay and Balance
Direct control: ability to move unit relative to the unit pov
(WASD like in FPS allows strafing)
Trench digging (with the shovel)
ingame Tab to see players with score and ping :!:
Severly wounded soldiers crawl or not able to sprint

New units
Germany: Goliaths remote bombs
USA: paratroops, sherman crocodile, incendiary mortar rounds
Soviets: komissar (effects to be determined), c4 strapped attack dogs
British: paratroops, aerial reconaissance expensive call in
Japan: ?

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
This isn't COH, but thank you for your completely original suggestions.

Mistress
03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
MoW already uses a lot of elements found in coh (cover, destructible environment, units, side/rear shot, luck factor and flanking spirit).
And the last thing i want is for MoW to be like coh, but it doesnt mean that some things can be similar as long as it doesnt break the precious realistic feel of MoW.

Evilsausage
03-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey there think i recognise your sig from GR.

Yeah some suggestions are really needed. Like a Replay system, ranked game etc..
Also the sound improvments would also be nice.

However can't say the dog with explosives would fit in the game. Even tho they did exist, it would still mess the game up and make it feel more like red alert.

However more flametanks would be good. Like the churchill croc with 150 mm armor would be quite usefull for some duties. The comet tank would also be good to see in the game.

Nike-it
03-20-2009, 06:43 AM
MoW already uses a lot of elements found in coh (cover, destructible environment, units, side/rear shot, luck factor and flanking spirit).
And the last thing i want is for MoW to be like coh, but it doesnt mean that some things can be similar as long as it doesnt break the precious realistic feel of MoW.

I would say that COH uses many features from MOW series (soldiers, faces of war). Also MOW is much more realistic than COH and implementing features of COH can harm the game. But anyway some of your suggestions will be quite usefull. Anyway thanks for your comments.

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I would use an explosive dog regularly for the entertainment value alone.

Evilsausage
03-20-2009, 07:25 PM
I would use an explosive dog regularly for the entertainment value alone.

Haha yes true. But if we are gonna make it realistic they should be impossible to control and they would prefere to trigger the bomb on thier own factions tanks :D

Nike-it
03-23-2009, 06:34 AM
Maybe add some kamikadze units to the Japan?;) dogs vs kamikadze will be very funny battle:)

Mistress
03-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Maybe add some kamikadze units to the Japan?;) dogs vs kamikadze will be very funny battle:)

LOL!!! priceless

anyways I couldnt find any sneak preview of the japanese faction. Where can I find pics or videos? ty

Nike-it
03-23-2009, 09:55 AM
LOL!!! priceless

anyways I couldnt find any sneak preview of the japanese faction. Where can I find pics or videos? ty

There are no videos yet, but several units you can see in the Devs updates at DMS website.

Saryk
03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
There is only one thing in my opinion that would make this game perfect. That is a skirmish mode versus an A.I.

I am completely surprised they didn’t add that. I think that MoW is superior to CoH, but I do enjoy them both. But I will play CoH more since they have the Skirmish mode.

I forgot about this before. I would love to have an overview map, aka Empire Total War map. Where you could have resources and armies built, then once in battle switch to the MoW game map.

Evilsausage
03-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Saryk check this out.

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2778

Its a mod for Mow that enables skirmish gameplay. Havent used it yet but they say its really good.

Think kamikaze soldiers will be in the game on the jap side.

Heres a beta video of the Japs faction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpeYW-35JA&feature=related

1. Mow could need some more sounds. Like unit acknowledgment etc..
2. MG42 should have higher rate of fire and sound like real mg42.
3. Fix some unnecessary stuff in campaign. Like Having to pick up Smoke canisters individualy for each unit if you want to call in arty barrage(mission 7).
4. Some AI improvments would be nice.
5. Real voice actors for the campaign.
6. Distribute the game better. Its damn close to impossible to get.
7. Some improved animations. For example when a soldier is on fire.
8. A real replay system.
9. Make it easier to put units in buildings.

Saryk
03-23-2009, 06:16 PM
I had commented about it in the mods section (right after I posted my above post). But this is going to make me 100% happier with the game. But thanks for posting the youtube video, watching it now.
I agree with some of your points and I think everyone agrees with the bad voice acting. Personally it doesn’t bother me much, but the skirmish thing did. Thanks again!

johnyoga
04-01-2009, 04:44 AM
This game has a super clunky interface. I wish it was easy to flip back and forth between the tactical and global maps, identifying your units, out of fog of war enemy units, and objective points, outlines of building, roads,etc.

John

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
04-01-2009, 06:29 PM
The best advice is to play multiplayer. The game is way more fun!