PDA

View Full Version : Hey look, Noob needs help

the_wakeful
03-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Hey guys, I'm playing the demo of this game and loving it except that its hard as crap. I'm playing on easy and I still can't get passed the 'attack the convoy' portion of the mission. I have read the tutorials on a different forum (linked from here somewhere) and read through other posts, yet I still suck at this game. Can anyone give me some ideas that I might have missed so far? I can make it to the hill with no casualties (if I'm careful) but I just get destroyed from there.
Thanks for the help.

P.S. the tutorial says something about capturing enemy armor, but I can't figure out how to do that (besides grabbing a truck I found). There are lots of anti-tank guns around that I want to use.

Nike-it
03-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey guys, I'm playing the demo of this game and loving it except that its hard as crap. I'm playing on easy and I still can't get passed the 'attack the convoy' portion of the mission. I have read the tutorials on a different forum (linked from here somewhere) and read through other posts, yet I still suck at this game. Can anyone give me some ideas that I might have missed so far? I can make it to the hill with no casualties (if I'm careful) but I just get destroyed from there.
Thanks for the help.

P.S. the tutorial says something about capturing enemy armor, but I can't figure out how to do that (besides grabbing a truck I found). There are lots of anti-tank guns around that I want to use.

Most of the AT guns are damaged or destroyed, so you can't use them. Several AT guns are available in front of the hill, and you can take them like you grab the truck. Also try to use cumulative shells against the enemies on the hill, the tanks are not very strong there, so one shot will be enough. and also don't forget to take more shells from broken tank. Wish this helps.

the_wakeful
03-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks, but what is cumulative shells? you mean the High explosive ones?

Nike-it
03-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Thanks, but what is cumulative shells? you mean the High explosive ones?

Yeah, exactly, I used only them and didn't have any problems with the first mission. And also don't forget to use Direct Control feature, it really helps.

infirebaptize
01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, exactly, I used only them and didn't have any problems with the first mission. And also don't forget to use Direct Control feature, it really helps.

hi,
What's direct control feature? i'm still playing the demo. Also can you fire while tank is moving? when you right click and drag on ground i see yellow dots with arrow what's that?

Thanks.
Where to get a hard copy of this game in North America "Canada".

[SOE]No.Mam
01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
What's direct control feature?.
y can control/move/firing each single unit. i dont know the standard hotkey to activate "Direct Control". have a look in game settings -> control.

Also can you fire while tank is moving?
yes y can firing and moving same time in Direct Control.

when you right click and drag on ground i see yellow dots with arrow what's that?
when y use this command (yellow dot & arrow) y units move automaticly to yellow dot and look/rotade body (eg. tanks) to arrow direction.

Where to get a hard copy of this game in North America "Canada".
i think easiest/cheapest way to order MoW is about an onlineshop. eg. gamersgate.com
GamersGate: Men of War (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOW/men-of-war)
GamersGate: Men of War: Gold Edition (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOWGE/men-of-war-gold-edition-bundle)

infirebaptize
01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
No.Mam;135569']y can control/move/firing each single unit. i dont know the standard hotkey to activate "Direct Control". have a look in game settings -> control.
I know now, I hold ctrl key with mouse to do that.

yes y can firing and moving same time in Direct Control.
Ok, I tried that, I issue a move command but once I hold ctrl to fire the tank stops!!

when y use this command (yellow dot & arrow) y units move automaticly to yellow dot and look/rotade body (eg. tanks) to arrow direction.
Got it.

i think easiest/cheapest way to order MoW is about an onlineshop. eg. gamersgate.com
GamersGate: Men of War (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOW/men-of-war)
GamersGate: Men of War: Gold Edition (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOWGE/men-of-war-gold-edition-bundle)

Thank you.

[SOE]No.Mam
01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
for Direct Control press "END" -> now y can move y units per key arrows and aim with mouse same time.
test it with captured jeep in demo map.

("end" & "arrows keys" are standard settings - y'll find it in game -> settings -> keys -> direct control)

infirebaptize
01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
No.Mam;135586']for Direct Control press "END" -> now y can move y units per key arrows and aim with mouse same time.
test it with captured jeep in demo map.

("end" & "arrows keys" are standard settings - y'll find it in game -> settings -> keys -> direct control)

wow, thanks, i didn't know about this feature.

infirebaptize
01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
wow, thanks, i didn't know about this feature.

1) how to refuel the tank?
2) Are enemy vehicles repairable and drivable? because i tried to repair with the kit i got from my tank but wasn't able too!
3) Is the only way to rearm the tank by going near by ammunition and use the eye icon?
4) Can i view solider inventory while inside the tank?

Thanks.

[SOE]No.Mam
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
1) how to refuel the tank?
2) Are enemy vehicles repairable and drivable? because i tried to repair with the kit i got from my tank but wasn't able too!
3) Is the only way to rearm the tank by going near by ammunition and use the eye icon?
4) Can i view solider inventory while inside the tank?

1) move a barrel eg. from a tank to inventory from solier -> open inventary from soldier (key "i") -> doubleklick to barrel -> now soldier should have barrel in hands -> move mouse from selected soldier over a vehicle -> mousecursor will be changed -> barrel will be refueled -> move mouse over refueling vehicle...
2) all red coloured destroyed parts from vehicles (screen on lower-left) are repairable. y can repair 2 destroyed parts on 1 vehicle same time. but y need 2 repairkids.
3) yes
4) no

pics to 2)
http://www.abload.de/img/5transingamev0zi.jpg

infirebaptize
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
No.Mam;135817']1) move a barrel eg. from a tank to inventory from solier -> open inventary from soldier (key "i") -> doubleklick to barrel -> now soldier should have barrel in hands -> move mouse from selected soldier over a vehicle -> mousecursor will be changed -> barrel will be refueled -> move mouse over refueling vehicle...
2) all red coloured destroyed parts from vehicles (screen on lower-left) are repairable. y can repair 2 destroyed parts on 1 vehicle same time. but y need 2 repairkids.
3) yes
4) no

pics to 2)
http://www.abload.de/img/5transingamev0zi.jpg

you're the best, thanks.
1) Would tanks have those barrel by default or i have to look for them?
2) Wired, i tried repairing enemy vehicle with the repair kit i have but soldier refuse to do it! could be damaged beyond repairs! i will have to check that again.
New! 3) When a soldier used heavy machine gun in prone position his aiming was all over the place, is there away to make his aiming more accurate!

Is Red Tide have all above details? or it's a different game!

[SOE]No.Mam
01-13-2010, 03:36 PM
you're the best, thanks.
1) Would tanks have those barrel by default or i have to look for them?
2) Wired, i tried repairing enemy vehicle with the repair kit i have but soldier refuse to do it! could be damaged beyond repairs! i will have to check that again.
New! 3) When a soldier used heavy machine gun in prone position his aiming was all over the place, is there away to make his aiming more accurate!

Is Red Tide have all above details? or it's a different game!
1) yes - in multiplayer every vehicle have a barrel in inventary. in singleplayer its different.
2) singleplayer is different to multiplayer. possible that y repaired vehicle is locked for captureing. all units marked as yellow triangle in minimap are captureable -> repairable. (gray marked parts -> lower left pics -> arent repairable ... never saw grey marked parts in multiplayer -> only in singleplayer)
3) use direct controll and fire with small bursts. longer bursts -> smaller accurate -> bigger spreadradius

Red Tide is a standalone game. Red Tide include only singleplayermissions. multiplayer isnt avaiable in Red Tide.
---> official Red Tide Homepage (http://www.menofwargame.com/rt/) <---