PDA

View Full Version : Battlestations: Pacific

Tomo
03-19-2009, 03:55 AM
Hi,

There seems to be quiet a few people around here, but with nothing to talk about.

Just wondering if anyone else is looking forward to BS: Pacific.

I think it could be a good distraction until BOP is released.

Raw Kryptonite
03-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Very much looking forward to the game. I got on the last one too late to get into MP with it, but loved the (short) SP. Another of the big releases for this year. The new game looks incredible.

xNikex
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi,

There seems to be quiet a few people around here, but with nothing to talk about.

Just wondering if anyone else is looking forward to BS: Pacific.

I think it could be a good distraction until BOP is released.

Anton site is coming VERY soon. :cool:

Hopefuly when he gets back from GDC!:grin:

OntheCrab
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
The first Battlestations game was excellent, this should be a marked improvement if they've upped the scale and graphics, not to mention smoothed out the interface.

The blend of action and strategy was very impressive; I thought I was going to end up throwing my gamepad against the wall after the brutally long tutorial modes but once I got the hang of the controls it was great.

Great use of the gamepad for a complex system. Definitely a quality stopgap game till BoP.

xNikex
03-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, hopefully this can be our 'little Pacific fighters' until BoP comes out.;)

Or the air combat of ArmA 2.:cool:

Buggins
04-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Cockpit views are the best I've ever seen on consoles to date. You can even see the stick and throttle. Also they have an offline skirmish mode so there's endless hours of flying to be had. I see a lot of similarities with BOP in this game. Really pumped for it now.

Check out this vid to see what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyVAIAKnhdw

Tomo
04-04-2009, 05:35 AM
It looks like a lot of fun, but too much HUD stuff on screen for my liking.

Graphically, i don't think it comes even close to BOP. The textures are very muddy. Personally i prefer the crisp look of BOP (based on what i have seen in videos).

Buggins
04-04-2009, 06:38 AM
It looks like a lot of fun, but too much HUD stuff on screen for my liking.

Graphically, i don't think it comes even close to BOP. The textures are very muddy. Personally i prefer the crisp look of BOP (based on what i have seen in videos).

BoP definitely has better graphics for sure.

Tomo
04-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Yeah based on the videos we've seen i really can't think of a better looking game on the 360.

Hopefully those graphics are not downgraded in the final version because of framerate issues etc.

xNikex
04-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, the game looks very 'arcady' and has a lot of arcade modes but has over 40 planes with cockpit views so it could keep us buisy until BoP comes out. BTW i posted this from my ipod. These things are awesome!

Tomo
04-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Demo is available on xbl now. :)

nearmiss
05-01-2009, 05:39 AM
The really sad part is... they expended enough effort to have produced a really decent PC based CFS software, that would have had great possibilities for future addons,etc.

As it is, they'll bring it out for the quick gamer bucks and have to make another complete application again for the next go round. LOL

The explosions and pyros are plenty noisy and exciting. A lot going on.

Kartman013
05-04-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm having fun playing the demo (after I invert the axis and change control from right to left thumbstick) but it is sadly still very arcade like. The voice over is maddening, and fortunately, can be turned down. The planes look great and I'm just delighted that there is a well modeled virtual cockpit - despite the fact that none of the dials work. Also there is no way of knowing what your altitude is. Dog fights should be a lot of fun online though and, as someone said here, more than enough to keep us occupied until IL-2 comes out. I can't help feeling a little put off by the super arcade feel of the game, although there are options to reduce the amount of info on the HUD.

Raw Kryptonite
05-04-2009, 02:57 AM
I think you guys are missing the proper perspective of the game. It's not a flight game. This is a strategy game that you can jump into if you want to, you don't even have to control things directly and the AI will generally do a pretty good job of it (at least it was good in Midway).

Tomo
05-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Hmm well i get the point of the game. I think i'm just too busy to put in the time it deserves.

Good on them for doing something different though, i think that in itself is deserving of praise.

Kartman013
05-05-2009, 04:02 AM
I think you guys are missing the proper perspective of the game. It's not a flight game. This is a strategy game that you can jump into if you want to, you don't even have to control things directly and the AI will generally do a pretty good job of it (at least it was good in Midway).

Thanks Raw, I never looked at the game that way, and the way you've explained it makes it all the more appealing now