PDA

View Full Version : Install Problems

N1mmer
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Vista 64 (not supported on their read me list)
gtx280 sli (not supported on their read me list but the gtx260 is !?!?)

cannot get the game to run
blue screens with "unrecoverable hardware"

Tech support thinks its 64bit but 2 friends of mine are running it np V64

I wish someone could give me an answer to whether or not this game will have 64bit support I will wait for a patch, but common fellas , this is 2009!

I originally thought the hi res 2560x1600 was culprit so I turned down the res to 800x600 , SOS.

The first splash screen initially crashes (freezes then auto reboots) after install, then I get SDL errors after reboot, and when SDL errors stop randomly appearing I get bsod after every attempt to start the game.
Tried running one card only, same results.
Game looks great but fit and finish are poor at best!

PLEASE HELP

N1mmer
03-17-2009, 09:58 PM
fyi here is the response from tech support.

Hello James,

Thanks for contacting Aspyr Media.

Men of War is a republished game from a Russian development house. This particular game was made some time ago in Russia. We at Aspyr chose to localize the language and distribute the game to America. Even though the game just came out here, it is a relatively dated game. Unfortunately some newer hardware/software does not meet our requirements in stability and performance. Our minimum system requirements are, that while testing, if they fail or do not meet our requirements we can't offer any technical support on this hardware and thus are not labeled on the box.

As far as patching goes, it doesn't seem very likely. As I stated earlier the game was developed in Russia years ago, and is released here today. It is possible that this is the final version that will come out. However, it's totally possible that a patch will come out, it just doesn't seem likely.

Please sign up for the Aspyr news letter for future updates about Windows Vista patches.

https://www.aspyr.com/news/newsletter_signup

Sorry we could not resolve your problem.
Aspyr Tech Support

congratulations guys you (we) just bought a "outdated" game that "most likely will not be patched".

FOR THE RECORD HERE IS MY RIG FOR THE

"MINIMAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS"

[img=http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6029/rigvp0r.th.jpg] (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rigvp0r.jpg)

Mack the Knife
03-18-2009, 01:02 AM
this from a developer:

"The Japanese come in a free content upgrade, sometime next month."

this, again, from the same developer:

"1.11.3
This patch is a multiplayer patch only, if you want to play singleplayer you shouldn't install it and wait for the full patch coming soon. Your singleplayer will no longer run with the patch installed, full patch will solve this."

so who's right?

DMS|Instinct
03-18-2009, 01:17 AM
The game runs on 64bit for XP and Vista.

Try disabling your antivirus software while playing, (this bug is described in the readme)

I also don't know what the tech support is on about, the game came out on 14th November 2008 in Russia.
It's very unlikely that it is related to your graphics card itself, however it may be a driver problem, try to update to latest drivers.

If the problem persists, contact 1C tech support.

IRON+CROSS
03-18-2009, 05:36 PM
1st off
mack the knife your post has nothing to do with nimmers problem
please dont post ... that has nothing to do with his problem its stupid and becomes confusing for others.We all know there is no patch coming out for a 3 year old game.

2nd
dms instinct, Nimmer knows about drivers and updates , antivirus all that .... We play all games under the sun, so we know our games. The real problem is the game cant handle new high end video cards like the the nvidia-280, or ati-4870 ect.ect. I dont see what 1c tech support would do other than blow more smoke up his ..., like [Aspyr Media].

I just hope they refund his 29.99 purchase.

Its not right that companys can sell bogus ... like this and not stand behind the product, [its a joke]

good luck nim

DMS|Instinct
03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Iron,
watch your words, you are here to get help and not we. The only very off-topic post in here is yours.

for a 3 year old game.
Source please?

You also seem not to be very much into reading, the game is getting patched and a multiplayer only patch has been released, however it doesn't affect the problem of your friend, since there is no known fact that high end graphics cards have issues with the game.

So either follow the tips or search your help somewhere else, as easy as that.

Mack the Knife
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
has nothing to do with his problem its stupid
@ IRONHEAD

as Instinct has pointed out, the stupidity you mention seems to be a trait of yours. my post cites information that is factual and recent so until you know what you're talking about, please don't post shit...

IRON+CROSS
03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
thx for the tireless rants and babble

nimmers problem is still the same

so please lets end the banter.

Mack the Knife
03-19-2009, 11:27 PM
(...why, why oh why, do i do battle with nitwits...)

IRONHEAD, read this complaint from your buddy n1mmer:
congratulations guys you (we) just bought a "outdated" game that "most likely will not be patched"

i don't give a damn about his freaking blue screens, got it? i was addressing his post regarding an unsupported game and NO PATCHES! read the damn post before attacking me! and stay in school, you need all the help you can get.

Nike-it
03-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Stop offencing each other!!! And to N1mmer: Vista 64 is supported, I personaly played the game on this system and didn't have any problems. You can contact 1C support with this question (support@1cpublishing.eu) and add directX report.