PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Campaign Generator 2.0

Nike-it
03-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Jason1, one of very dedicated modders released his latest version of the Dynamic Campaign Generator 2.0, a modification for Men of War.

This mod allows you to create your own dynamically generated campaign, to set up your units and battle the AI to gain new territories without any modding or programming skills. Definitely worth a try if you are a skirmish player, or just a singleplayer gamer that wants to get his hands on something new and challenging!

The mod thread, download and instructions can be found here:
DCG 2.0 (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=39225#p39225)

Thanks Jason1 and everyone who participated in this great piece of work!

Jekyll and Hyde
03-17-2009, 08:35 AM
This sounds awesome!!! thanks so much, will definitely prolong MoW

Great news thanks again :grin:

firefox83
03-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Great mod, been playing it with great success since I got it. Easy to use and set up.

Saryk
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
And I just posted how disappointed I was with out the skirmish mode versus the AI.

Thank you, so very much.

Saryk
03-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Nevermind!

firefox83
03-24-2009, 06:31 AM
For anyone who has question on how to install and/or use the DCG, here is a quick guide on using it from http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2778&start=80

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I will try to help as best as I can. DCG is a great add on, and fun to play. Suggest you all DL it, and give it a try.

1. After you beat the mission. and you get the mission complete screen overlay (the one with the continue button in the top right)

2. Make sure you have the mod .exe running in the background.

3. switch back to Mow, press continue.

4. Press escape and save your game
NOTE: Make sure you save your game with the SAME name as the subfolder you specified in settings..
IE "C:\Users\Youruser\Documents\My Games\men of war\profiles\Yourprofile\save\Result
"Result" being the folder you specified as your save game folder in the DCG settings window..
In this case save the game as "Result".

5. MoW should now minimize and bring up the operations window, where you choose your new units and such.

6. Do what you need to do.

7. When you've gotten the 'Tada' sound (after specifying what units you want, where your attacking/defending and setting up your units on the map)

8. Enter Mow again and from the escape menu, restart the mission, it will load the next one.

Saryk
03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Is there away to have more than 3 units? I can understand of limiting starting points to purchase units, but not the amount units.

There are some maps that used water, but where there should be water is a graphic distortion. Is that just because it’s beta, or is that my computer?

Is there a main website that houses all information on this mod? Or is it the link in the first post?

firefox83
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
I have not found an offical website yet, just the one at DMS http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=39225#p39225

Ive notice the distortion as well, all I have done is restart the current map, and it seems to fix the problem, if you have not tried that yet. I also noticed a distortion if you save a game, exit MOW, and then play it later. Again, I just reload the save, and it fixed the problem. Think it is because of it being a beta.

As for the unit, you start off with just 3, but as you beat maps, ie taking over the enemy base, youll have the option to start another campaing map. when you do, your units will go up by 1 for every map you complete. IE, you beat the first campaing map, you will go up to 4 units, beat the next map, you go to 5, so on so forth, until you max out at 7 units.

Most the time though you can beat the maps with just 4-5 units. Also, depending on what country you start as (Germany, US, USSR) depends on your starting points. I beleive the US has the most points to start with, and Germany the least.

Hope this bit of information helps you out. Anything else, again, feel free to ask, and I will try to help.

firefox83
03-26-2009, 06:31 AM
I just downloaded the map pack for this editor as well. Something else I reccomend you all to DL, as it does add alot of extra maps to the game. It does have some fun ones too, least what I have seen in the Africa campaign so far.

jslay21
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
When I run the mod my infantry cant kill the enemy infantry unless they are 2 feet from them. The only way i can kill them besides running next to them is to bring up a tank and methodically mow them down......but it takes forever. Love the mod though, just having this one prob....

THNX:)

Prowlinger
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I am running 2.1 of Dynamic Campaign Generator with
the 2.1 Maps upgrade
the 2.1 Units addon
the 2.1 Infantry addon (Kobashi)
Blood Mod (gore mod was too buggy)

So...

A few things... anyone know why the AI is pretty retarted in DCG? I end up with alot of enemies sitting back and just "confused". Should I run an AI mod?

(Getting all these mods just to work at once is a task in itself and requires about 2 pages of documentation...) :-?

Zeke Wolff
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I did explain this at the DMS site earlier today, but since you do say that you can´t visit DMS from work... so here is the explanation to the "stupid" behavior of the AI troops (running a AI mod is NOT recommended. It will not fix this problem and may give you random crashes).

Whenever a new mission in DCG is generated, and the enemy force is large enough, the enemy force has two waves, 1st and 2nd. The 1st wave will start moving towards their objectives as soon as the mission begins, whilst the 2nd wave will be standing idle.

When the 1st wave has reached their objectives, the mod awaits your reaction. If you captures all objectives, the 2nd wave of enemies will start moving towards the objectives and will try to throw you out from the objectives. This the 2nd wave, are most likely the AI units you have seen standing idle and doing nothing.

The 2nd wave can start to react when one of the following things happens:

a) You captures all the objectives or,

b) You fires against the units in the 2nd wave or,

c) You get close enough to be seen by them.

Unfortunately the 2nd wave is placed on the map at the same time as the 1st wave and thus you can see them standing idle and doing nothing. We´re working on a solution to this, but to be honest, it isn´t very high on our "to-do" list.

The later versions of DCG that we in the modding team has access to (I think we are about 12 versions ahead of you :) ) do work better in regard to this.

All of the three addons just require a "drag-and-drop" action from you, so I hardly agree that it is that difficult to get those to work... :P

~Zeke.

Prowlinger
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Ahh this makes sense.

Well then... how about this... I notice the 1st wave and 2nd all walk to their objective.

Can you randomize it sometimes where they run? I had to turn back on the enemy for minimap (removed mod) since they were SO slow and I was just waiting around on them. :)

Another big big suggestion would be to compile the DCG, Unit Pack, and Infantry into 1 mod as a release.... would guarantee alot less confusion and release mix up for noobs. I know each developer wants to do their own pace but would be nice from a DCG standpoint that you release a complete build with said above together for those that do plan on using them all anyways. (Plus it would make your life easier all around)

There are some other suggestions (you probably have heard all these by now...smile)... a way to sort the deployment troop types by point cost (usually a default by clicking on the header field to sort entire table below by that field (an excel thing))...

Alot of the unit images are missing ... so sometimes I am not sure what a unit really is :)

I do have alot of resources for WW2 stuff... what does your team need atm? GUI gfx, icons, sounds?

Zeke Wolff
04-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Ahh this makes sense.

Well then... how about this... I notice the 1st wave and 2nd all walk to their objective.

Can you randomize it sometimes where they run? I had to turn back on the enemy for minimap (removed mod) since they were SO slow and I was just waiting around on them. :)

This is a question for our mod leader and coder, Jason1. I´m only a mapper and 3D modeler and nothing else.

Another big big suggestion would be to compile the DCG, Unit Pack, and Infantry into 1 mod as a release.... would guarantee alot less confusion and release mix up for noobs. I know each developer wants to do their own pace but would be nice from a DCG standpoint that you release a complete build with said above together for those that do plan on using them all anyways. (Plus it would make your life easier all around)

I would like to have it made this way as well... but I´m alone in the mod team regarding this option... The others thinks that the size alone would stop people from downloading our mod... I disagree... but... :rolleyes:

There are some other suggestions (you probably have heard all these by now...smile)... a way to sort the deployment troop types by point cost (usually a default by clicking on the header field to sort entire table below by that field (an excel thing))...

Please explain what you mean... I´m not following your thoughts here... English isn´t my native language...

Alot of the unit images are missing ... so sometimes I am not sure what a unit really is :)

Are you using the "unlimited ammo and fuel" option? If so all unit icons to the left are missing... this is a engine related thing, and hardcoded it seems.
The only way to get those icons to show up, is to not use the "unlimited ammo and fuel" option.

And if you are talking about the icons in the buy menu... We are working on adding the missing ones. Our main gfx artist didn´t get the game until last week so he hasnt had the time to add the missing icons yet.

I do have alot of resources for WW2 stuff... what does your team need atm? GUI gfx, icons, sounds?

A lot of resources you say... what is a lot? Online references? Photos? Books? I´ve about two to three hundred books filled with World War II stuff (vehicles, fighters, uniforms, small arms etc etc) so references aren´t really needed...

The only sounds we really could need right now, is correct sounds for Italian small arms and Italian voices, that´s all. And yes, we are working on adding the Italian Nation to DCG in the future.

~Zeke.

Prowlinger
04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Ok I will take a screenshot tonight at home and post here tomorrow to show you what I mean on the sorting of the points columns etc.

I have already made some sound changes ... added better explosion sounds and tank explosion sounds, grenades, etc... I have a specialty set of dopplar range sound effect for ww2 of explosions... Your team is welcome to use them if you want for next DCG ... I have already preprocessed them for 44hz / 4bit and the mod is a simple zip I can send... hmmm I probably have Italian weapon sounds.. but no original Italian voices. Battlefield 1942 had some Italian voice overs in the Road to Rome expansion...

I was not using unlimited ammo setting... it was the icons in the buy menu... as you said is being worked on.

You have me completely beat on book resources... lol my 10 books don't even count compared to your library! :)

Prowlinger
04-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Zeke here is the image with suggestions. Your team may already have some of these in the future release... or not... Just some ideas that would make the interface alittle easier to use for players.

Thanks for passing this on to the rest of the DCG team :)

Zeke Wolff
04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Will send a copy of the picture to Jason.

~Zeke.

Prowlinger
04-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Zeke...

I was playing last night and noticed that the unit healthbars were active on the first map but then got turned off the rest of the battles..

Now I am trying to figure out how the heck you guys did it? Is it per map? or a global setting?

Hmmm...

XIII_63
04-24-2009, 03:31 PM
when i try to select map i am geting error (could not find a part of the path 'C:Program Files (x86)\Aspyr\Men of War\mods\Campain\resource\set\enviroment\single\DC G\DCGmission\DCGenvironment.set") does anyone knows how to fix this.

THANX

HANSVEBEL
06-15-2009, 09:08 AM
do we have to install the contents of the generator in the men of war files? i dont see any folder under the name mod. where do i have to install the files of the mod? anywere ?

battlesign
06-15-2009, 03:57 PM
do we have to install the contents of the generator in the men of war files? i dont see any folder under the name mod. where do i have to install the files of the mod? anywere ?

i believe you just create a new folder, "mods", and place the files there

redsplash168
08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Is the campaign.exe file supposed to be an xml file?

Zeke Wolff
08-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Is the campaign.exe file supposed to be an xml file?
No. The Campaign.exe should be a .exe file and nothing else.

~Zeke.

persoiranian
08-15-2009, 06:07 PM
can i run the mod with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 instead of Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package.

actually i know nothing from .NET Framework so if my question is stupid then i'm sorry;)

persoiranian
08-15-2009, 06:51 PM
or with Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.0 Redistributable Package instead the 2.0 verson?

what (x86) means?

Zeke Wolff
08-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I think that you can use the 3.0 version of NET, however I do not have much knowledge in this area either.

~Zeke.

persoiranian
08-16-2009, 05:46 PM
thanks zeke. i used NET 3.0 Redistributable Package and now i have no problem with this great mod :-P

persoiranian
08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
is it possible to add japanese(or other nations) to the mod?

Zeke Wolff
08-16-2009, 11:08 PM
We´ll add the Japanese to DCG when the SP/MP 1.16.4 patch has been released.

Later the Italians will be added as well (we are currently working on new vehicles for their nation).

I´m almost 100% certain that you do need to do changes to the code in main executable to get a new nation into DCG (but then, I´m not a coder, only a 3D modeler/mapper for the mod).

~Zeke.

persoiranian
08-17-2009, 06:17 PM
cool. italians and japanese...i would like to play as italians. a unique experience for me

thanks for info ~Zeke.

samedi
08-18-2009, 10:18 AM
i hAve a problem with this campaign, its not anything technical its just TOO EASY even on hard its very VERY easy, is there anyway to improve difficulty and make the game harder

Zeke Wolff
08-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Play a few battles and the enemy resistance will become more tougher. Also, in the later versions the enemy do act a bit more clever (although not much, since neither of us are AI-programmers, nor do we have access to the game code). These later versions are still under beta testing, so I can´t say when they will be released.

~Zeke.

SirSlaughter
12-24-2009, 01:28 AM
im sure im probley asking a stupid question :confused: but how do you go onto the second level of the campain iv set up the campain selected my troops for the first level did the thing where you decide where to start off then pushed done and started the level but after i finish the the mission push continue and save the game dosent atimaticly minimize (im unsure if its supposed to) so i ctrl alt delete out the game or alt tab but there isnt a screen to sellect troops for next operation the only options are start new campain edit map edit operations or quit nothing saying select troops or any thing iv tried restarting the level but it just restarts the level and iv tried several other things but none of them have worked :( so if some one has an answer to a step im missing or something im not doing please reply. :-)

Zeke Wolff
12-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Please follow the instructions in this "step-by-step guide" that I wrote several months ago. In your case, since you´ve got the main stuff to work, I think that you can start reading from #3 in the guide.

And you have installed all the three extra programs that is needed (Visual #J, XNA and NET)?

If you have done the above, and it still doesn´t work, then please read the "step-by-step" instruction that I´ve provided in this message and see if that helps you.

1) The first thing you need to do, is to download Visual #J, .NET and .XNA. These are all available for download at Microsofts homepage for free.

(Link to .NET file --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Windows 64-bit users use this link instead --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en )

(Link to XNA --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en )

(Link to Visual #J --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Windows 64-bit users use this link instead --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en )

These 3 files is a "must have" to get the mod to work.

2) Create a "mods" folder in your Men of War folder. Unpack the Campaign archive and then drag and drop the folder named "Campaign" into your Mods folder.

3) Go to your profile folder for men of war and create a new folder named "Result". ( The result should look like this ---> Documents/My Games/Men of War/Profile/Your Profile Name/Save/Result)

4) Start the file named Campaign.exe. If you have done it correct so far, a window will appear with some options. At the option "Save Folder" you enter the correct path to your earlier created "Result" folder (on my PC with Swedish settings the path look like this ---> C:\Users\Zeke Wolff\Documents\My Games\men of war\profiles\Zeke Wolff\save\result. The "Zeke Wolff" should of course be replaced with your own profile name.

5) Click on done and in the next window, click on Quit (This step can be skipped, but it will save you from having to re-write the save path if the next step goes wrong).

6) Start up the campaign.exe again. Click on settings and then click on "Extract All Maps". Wait until it says "Done". Click on the button named "Done".

7) Click on "Start a new Campaign". Chose your Player Nation (German, USSR, UK, USA). Chose your theatre of War (which ones is available depends on which nation you picked. USSR for example cant pick North Afrika etc). Then chose which enemy nation you want to fight against (Germany can pick any enemy nation, USSR, US and UK can only pick Germany).

8.) Click on Start a New Campaign. A new window will appear. Here you buy your units. You can only start the campaign with 3 units, but you can capture enemy units and keep them for as long as you want. When you have bought your units, click "Done".

9) If everything has been done correctly so far, a new window will appear with images of different minimaps. Depending on which nation you picked to fight as, different colored rectangles appears on some of them (named 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc). If you play as USSR, the red rectangles depicts your unit and some allied units (your unit is always named 1st and has the word "PLAYER" written under it). If you want to attack the enemy, move these rectangles to any nearby enemy held minimap (the ones held by USSR has a USSR flag over them, and the ones held by the Germans (the enemy in this case) as a German flag over them). When you have made your decisions, click "Done".

10) A new window will appear. Here you places your troops on the actual map, ie where each one will start. You can only place them within the blue colored rectangle. When you are happy with your decisions, click "Done". You will now hear a "Tada!!" sound and the main Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) window will appear. Do not close this window down. It must be kept running as long as you play the mod.

11) Start up Men of War. Go to Mods and activate "Campaign". Then click on Single Player and then Select Mission and then... Dynamic Campaign Generator. Chose which difficulty you want to play on (I recommend to play on Hard since the AI is too easy to defeat otherwise). Then click on Dynamic Campaign Generator Mission. The mission will start to load and then after a while it will be ready to be played. Click space or just click the left mouse button to start the battle. You will see your units, and a very short mission debriefing. In the upper right corner of the screen, click on "Continue".

12) Play the battle.

13) When you have won (or decided that you better have to retreat), save the battle as Result. If you use any other name to save, only your current game progress will be saved. Only when it is saved as Result will the mod engine understand that the battle is really over.

14) After saving the game as Result, just click anywhere on the screen, and you will automatically be taken back to the DCG buy/sell window. Now you can sell (disband) any captured units etc.

15) To play the next battle, do the above all over again, ie hit done, pick map to fight on, place your units etc. After clicking Done after placing your units, you will automatically be taken back to the game Men of War. Go to Options and chose "Restart". This process will start the next battle.

16) Continue the above process as long as you wish.

17) When you have managed to capture the enemy base map (marked with a black and white circle (just like your own base map)), you´ve won a whole operation and will be rewarded by being able to command an extra unit (ie 4 units after the first won operation up to a maximum of 7 units).

If you want to play with the extra addons for DCG (Map Pack, Unit Pack and Infantry Pack) all you need to do is to drag and drop these extra addons into the mods folder and let them overwrite anything they ask to overwrite). Maps, new vehicles, and new infantry units will then be available randomly.

By doing what I´ve described, DCG should work... if it still doesnt, then there is some other error. Please make sure in that case that you do not have more than one copy of MoW installed and also please post a screenshot of your DCG settings (the paths) --- faulty paths happens to be the cause of an error in more than 90% of the cases.

~Zeke.

Ps.
There is a new version available, DCG v2.3 which can be downloaded from ModDB ---> http://www.moddb.com/mods/dynamic-campaign-generator-dcg

matabiko
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi Zeke...
im a newbie here
i have this problem do you know what is the fault?...

i alrdy have netframe 2.0 as i play TOW as well so i jst install Visual J & XNA.
my patch is 1.11.3,DCG v2.3
all requirements i have followed as order but seems got this problm..
can u help me?.... :(
sory for my bad eng....

Zeke Wolff
01-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Did you install everything in the correct order (ie campaign, map pack, vehicle pack and finally, infantry pack)?

Did you click on the button "Extract all maps"?

Did you make sure that the paths is the correct ones (cause it seems to me that the game cant find some of the files (2nd screenshot)). The DCG_environment file is created by DCG and thus, that file does NOT exist until you´ve succesfully started a game in DCG, so don´t waste any time looking for it).

If you follow the 17-step-by-step guide I wrote above your posting, everything should work as it is supposed to do. But please check your paths, it is crucial that they are correctly entered.

My own paths look like this for example:

Men of War C:\Program files\505games\1C\Men of War\
DCG Mod Folder C:\Program files\505games\1C\Men of War\mods\Campaign
Save Folder C:\Users\Zeke Wolff\Documents\my games\men of war\profiles\zeke wolff\save\result

~Zeke.

Ps.
Don´t worry about your English, it was perfectly understandable what you meant and I´m not a native English speaking dude either... :)

matabiko
01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
yes i did extract all maps...
well i think i reinstall again all 4 package... mayb i miss out something....
will try again...
thks 4ur advice Zeke... :D

tigr88
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
after installing patch 1.11.3 and try to start MoW i get this:
MoW.exe
this application has failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found
what to do now?:confused:

Zeke Wolff
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM
How about installing the missing d3dx9_38.dll file? It´s a part of the DirectX9 package which can be downloaded for free at Microsofts homepage (or if you goggle the file d3dx9_38.dll, you will find several other downloading locations for it, but I do recommend that you use the Microsoft homepage).

This question would have been better asked in the Technical... part of the forums as well...

~Zeke.

tigr88
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
thx for the tip,but now i have another problem,mission objectives are always
beyond playable area and i cant finish the first mission:german vs USSR:(
and instead of pak 37mm i get MG34

Zeke Wolff
01-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Well, if you don´t get the correct vehicles/cannons etc when buying them in the menu, then you´ve definately done something wrong. Did you install all four packages in the correct order (ie. main DCG, map pack, vehicle pack and finally, infantry pack)?

If you did this, then it should work.

If you scroll upwards in this thread, you´ll find a 17-step-by-step guide I wrote some time ago - by following this guide, DCG will work as intended.

And whatever you do, DO NOT run DCG at the same time as any other mods, and ALWAYS leave campaign.exe running as long as you are playing the mod.

~Zeke.

matabiko
01-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Zeke,..
must i have earlier version such as v1.0,1.2 etc... before i can use DCG v2.2?
becoz from the campaing.exe i alrdy followed the 17steps & last got that tada sound...
but when i run mow mp coz old mow cant be use anymore am i rite?...
then i go to option,then mods, then activate campaign, but i cant click on single player only mp & internet...
mayb i should make a video to let u watch if i got do a mistake...
plz im dying to play this game!!!!.... :((

Zeke Wolff
01-08-2010, 02:30 PM
DCG v2.2and v2.3 ONLY works with 1.11.3 versions of MoW. However, if you simply remove the 4 patch from the game folder and then start the game with the mow.exe icon, everything do work again. We´ll update DCG to v1.16.4 as soon as the full SP/MP patch of this version is released.

~Zeke.

matabiko
01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
DCG v2.2and v2.3 ONLY works with 1.11.3 versions of MoW. However, if you simply remove the 4 patch from the game folder and then start the game with the mow.exe icon, everything do work again. We´ll update DCG to v1.16.4 as soon as the full SP/MP patch of this version is released.

~Zeke.

No i dont have any other patches.. coz im just new in MoW just bought fiew days ago... heheee!
i try again
ok thks again for ur tips ZeKe... :D

matabiko
01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
zake.. i dont know how to run with win7...
i tried everything but still cant play single mission...
i did everything in order, run mow icon in desktop whie DCG is still running i never close it,
then login on my profile coz i create my nickname there,then go to option activate the campaign... but cant click the single mission button...
any solution bro?...

matabiko
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM

~Zeke.

Zeke sori to trouble u again..
but with this pic i attach meyb can explain to why my mow patch 1.13 DCG v2.2 cant run single player....
plz help!!! :(

matabiko
01-09-2010, 07:04 PM

~Zeke.

@Zeke

Zeke Wolff
01-10-2010, 06:12 AM
From what I can see, so are you clicking on the MoW_MP icon. You need to start MoW by clicking on the icon named "mow.exe" and nothing else. Hope this helps.

~Zeke.

Ps.
Sorry for the late reply... working nights and just got home.

matabiko
01-10-2010, 03:09 PM
From what I can see, so are you clicking on the MoW_MP icon. You need to start MoW by clicking on the icon named "mow.exe" and nothing else. Hope this helps.

~Zeke.

Ps.
Sorry for the late reply... working nights and just got home.

hey thks 4ur reply...
but if i click the mow.exe just next to the mow_mp, it doesnt open it need a disc to run... must i place the disc in order to play?....

Zeke Wolff
01-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Yes of course you´ll need the disk... DCG doesnt remove the copy protection from the game. Only the MP part of MoW is a "No-CD/DVD" workable .exe. SP do need the disk (unfortunately).

~Zeke.

matabiko
01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
o ok.. same like tow must have d disc on it then can play d game....

matabiko
01-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Zeke,.. how can i refill gas for the tank when it out of gas & cant move?...
there is a oil tank can that i take frm the dead enemy or thier vehicle...
took 1 of my soldier to carry & place it at my tank.. but still no gas cant move...
:(

Anominity
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Are there any special ways to get this mod working in the Steam version of Men of War aside from the obvious change to the file structure?

This is indeed the one downside to having all your games on steam, the automatic updating of steam kinda kills any mods!

Zeke Wolff
01-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Not sure since I don´t use steam myself... but there is plenty of other DCG users who are running steam...

What do you mean with the obvious change to file structure? All you need to do to get DCG up an running, is to create a mods folder in your main men of war folder, as far as I know, the 17-step-by-step guide in this thread do work for steam as well (only that the path settings for DCG will look a bit different).

~Zeke.

Anominity
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Not sure since I don´t use steam myself... but there is plenty of other DCG users who are running steam...

What do you mean with the obvious change to file structure? All you need to do to get DCG up an running, is to create a mods folder in your main men of war folder, as far as I know, the 17-step-by-step guide in this thread do work for steam as well (only that the path settings for DCG will look a bit different).

~Zeke.

Oh wow, you responded within 4 minutes! Thank you very much for that! I will try once more to get it working :)

Could you relink the 3 additional Microsoft things that are required, as the links in your guide do not work.
I am running Windows 7 64bit, is that an issue?

Zeke Wolff
01-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Windows 7 should be working. Which DCG version are you trying to get to run? The latest is v2.3 and can be downloaded from moddb (http://www.moddb.com/mods/dynamic-campaign-generator-dcg) and the readme file do have the links to the 64 bits version of the three necessary files. All three files can also be found at Microsoft´s homepage. I do not have any other links, however if you can´t find them, go to www.digitalmindsoft.eu and post a question in this thread http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=3553 and I´m pretty sure that you´ll get the links in notime.

~Zeke.

warbless
06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Guys, i am trying to play with DCG for lots of time, and i never did , because there was always error's, now that i resolve all of them by myself, it come up another one, this one :

C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\SteamApps\common\men of war\ Mods\Campaign\resource\set\environment\single\DCG\ DCGmission\DCGenvironment.set

when i choose the place i want my troops to start, and i click "Done" , that error come ups. I would be very pleased if you guys could help me out :)

Zeke Wolff
06-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Unfortunately I do not have the Steam version of MoW myself, but your problem has been fixed by other Steam users. In this thread http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=3553&p=79528&hilit=DCGenvironment.set#p79528 (3rd reply from top) you can find information that can help you.

~Zeke.

Twan
06-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Great campaign, great job!

My only concern would be the silly AI, but the regular campaign has that as well, so... :)

Zeke Wolff
06-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks Twan.

We´re working on adding "improvements" to the AI. In the next version you´ll be seeing AI (enemy) tanks that actually fires back immidiately instead of just rushing to their objectives when arriving and, only then, open fire at you.

We´re also trying to get the AI-controlled enemy to actually take cover at their objectives instead of just standing in a large bunch of targets until fired upon.

~Zeke.

Twan
06-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh, and one more small thing.

Would it be possible to fix the single player bug with RPG's (penetration decreasing as range increases) in this campaign?

And maybe this is pushing it, but would it be possible to add defensive structures that you can purchase, like bunkers or pillboxes, that would be able to be set within the first, say, 20 seconds of a round?

Korsakov829
06-09-2010, 08:38 PM
...And maybe this is pushing it, but would it be possible to add defensive structures that you can purchase, like bunkers or pillboxes, that would be able to be set within the first, say, 20 seconds of a round?...

Whoa, thats ground breaking for any mod. Its possible and can be done but the posistion has to be pre set. Its fun but too arcady for me.

Example: Frontline map

Choose one of 3:

Sandbags - 25 points
Trenches - 50 points
Bunker - 75 points

Chose only one of those and it will spawn on the pre designated area.

Twan
06-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Eh, nevermind :grin:

But I wish the RPG single player bug was fixed.

Zeke Wolff
06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
But I wish the RPG single player bug was fixed.

This problem has been fixed in DCG v2.4.

Being able to purchase bunkers aint nothing we have planned to add, sorry.

~Zeke.

Twan
06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
This problem has been fixed in DCG v2.4

Excellent!

matabiko
07-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi there...
currently now im using patch 1.17.5
after i compeletly install i got this

define not found (esdlreader.cpp,326)
--------------------------------------------
>>> main
>>> file"/set/stuff/gun/152mm_m10t"
> file"set/set/gun/152mm_m120a"

24 ("overmatch_128mm")
25 }

Men of war -v1v17v5 - mp
2010.04.09 07:36 - 0x00000000

so what should i do now?
plz HELPPPP!!!! :((

Zeke Wolff
08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
If you are using it, do not use the Rangefix minimod. The current release of DCG and its minimods, are only fully working with 1.11.3 version of the game. However, if you don´t use the minimod Rangefix, DCG main program, vehicle, map and infantry packs do work with the 1.17.5 version as well.

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-02-2010, 04:47 AM
If you are using it, do not use the Rangefix minimod. The current release of DCG and its minimods, are only fully working with 1.11.3 version of the game. However, if you don´t use the minimod Rangefix, DCG main program, vehicle, map and infantry packs do work with the 1.17.5 version as well.

~Zeke.

thanks Zeke,... i delete the rangerfix according to ur advise
but sorry to trouble u again..
i got this error mxg again after restart...

>>>>> Main
>>>>mp.thread_single.exec >>>> Mp.thread_single.exec
>>>thread.exec >>> Thread.exec
>>clock thread:on execute >> Clock thread: on execute
>file "/interface/action/round_sandbag.set" > File "/ interface / action / round_sandbag.set"
12: [plant "sandbag_woodbeam1_round" 12: [plant "sandbag_woodbeam1_round"
default "sandbag:woodbeam1_round" forward"] default "Sandbag: woodbeam1_round" forward "]
13 ] 13]
14 [ if props "round_sandbag2" 14 [if props round_sandbag2 "
15 [plant "sandbag2_round" default 15 [plant "sandbag2_round" default
"sandbag2_round" forward] "Sandbag2_round" forward]
16 ] 16]

any solution?... :confused:

Zeke Wolff
08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Check this thread at Digitalmindsoft... http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=5707

You want to read post #5 and the answers below it.

Hope this helps,

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Check this thread at Digitalmindsoft... http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=5707

You want to read post #5 and the answers below it.

Hope this helps,

~Zeke.

Information
------------

You are not authorised to read this forum.

i have reg & login but cant read this????... :(

matabiko
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Zeke can u tell me what is the topics thread?.. so i can find it manually
coz u give me that link im not authorised to read....
sracth headddd!!!! :I

Zeke Wolff
08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Here is the reply to the other guy who had the same problem as you do (answered by Instinct):

Go to your own documents/my games/men of war/, delete the folder profile.
It's not a problem with HB, it's that you use a button which is not available in the singleplayer version.
However if you installed the full 1.11.3 patch and run the new executable delivered with it, it shouldn't happen...

Sorry about the locked part of the DMS forums, forgot that you´d to be a paying exclusive tester of Men of War:Assault Squad to be allowed to read stuff in that part of the forum. Hope the above helped you.

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Here is the reply to the other guy who had the same problem as you do (answered by Instinct):

Go to your own documents/my games/men of war/, delete the folder profile.
It's not a problem with HB, it's that you use a button which is not available in the singleplayer version.
However if you installed the full 1.11.3 patch and run the new executable delivered with it, it shouldn't happen...

Sorry about the locked part of the DMS forums, forgot that you´d to be a paying exclusive tester of Men of War:Assault Squad to be allowed to read stuff in that part of the forum. Hope the above helped you.

~Zeke.

o ok hahaa thks zekehope this will work i'll try it later n let u know...

matabiko
08-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Zeke u mean i have to delete the profile where i save all the DCG games?....

Zeke Wolff
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I guess so... You could copy your save folder to your desktop, start the game, create a new profile, quit the game and then copy your save folder back into the new profile folder - it might work, however I don´t know for sure.

Do you start the game with the new 1.17.5 exe or not? Make sure that you arent starting the game wth the old 1.11.3 version.

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I guess so... You could copy your save folder to your desktop, start the game, create a new profile, quit the game and then copy your save folder back into the new profile folder - it might work, however I don´t know for sure.

Do you start the game with the new 1.17.5 exe or not? Make sure that you arent starting the game wth the old 1.11.3 version.

~Zeke.

yes i click on icon 1.17.5 outfront?... previously i run DCG with standard patch it works but d only thing sometime d map during battle become weird but never happen all d time... now i wanna try using new patch 1.17.5
another thing i got a question zeke,.. i also install german mod(GSM) but in d front menu i don see DCG at all, is this means i run d GSM mod but the DCG been wipe out from d menu???... in d option i see campaign v3 instead on 2.3... normally its 2.3 rite?...

Zeke Wolff
08-04-2010, 02:28 AM
If you´ve added DCG to your mod folder, you will find a mod named "Campaign" (which is DCG).

Do not run GSM at the same time as DCG since the two mods can cause problems together.

Last version of DCG is the v2.3 - we are working on v2.4.

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-04-2010, 05:08 AM
If you´ve added DCG to your mod folder, you will find a mod named "Campaign" (which is DCG).

Do not run GSM at the same time as DCG since the two mods can cause problems together.

Last version of DCG is the v2.3 - we are working on v2.4.

~Zeke.

YESSSS!!!!... v2.4 im waiting for that too! plz do announce us once complete...
all d best 2u & ur team...

matabiko
08-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Zeke, can u plz guide me how to use GEM editor vehicle suck like King Tiger for my next battle?... each time i load the current map on gem editor & add KT tank as well full iventory stocks also.. then i run d campaign load d current map again & the KT is there i can use it, lets say my tank crew from panther tank i swap them into KT tank until end of the battle.. but the next battle map the KT doesnt exists anymore so i left only the tank crew without the tank... i hope u understand what my explanation.. sorry for my poor english... so my question is how to use the tank i add from gem editor for the next battle continuesly...

Zeke Wolff
08-09-2010, 11:30 PM
You can´t cheat in DCG in the way you are trying to do. Every vehicle you add to a map, is considered to be owned by the map (ie a neutral force) and not by you, or the enemy.

The only things that is transfered over to the next map, is vehicles that were owned by you from start of the battle, or owned by the enemy AI and later captured by you.

Vehicles belonging to the map, wont be transfered over no matter how many times you try to add it to the map.

Sorry... :P

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-09-2010, 11:57 PM
You can´t cheat in DCG in the way you are trying to do. Every vehicle you add to a map, is considered to be owned by the map (ie a neutral force) and not by you, or the enemy.

The only things that is transfered over to the next map, is vehicles that were owned by you from start of the battle, or owned by the enemy AI and later captured by you.

Vehicles belonging to the map, wont be transfered over no matter how many times you try to add it to the map.

Sorry... :P

~Zeke.

ok i understand now what u mean.. thank u for ur reply....

matabiko
08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
zeke what mow mod u playing now?.... did u try GSM mod as well?...

Zeke Wolff
08-10-2010, 09:21 AM
No, I don´t play MP. I only play SP for the moment (DCG), however GSM has been allowed to use our new 3d models and skins for their mod.

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-11-2010, 12:21 PM
No, I don´t play MP. I only play SP for the moment (DCG), however GSM has been allowed to use our new 3d models and skins for their mod.

~Zeke.

yeah same here also only play SP DCG campaign....
but frankly speaking zeke im running DCG below 1.11.3 patch that is standard patch...coz after awhile i install run patch 1.11.3 to play DCG it alwys MP but i click on single d other icon got problem sometimes crash... so i delete the MP 1.11.3 and just run d standard version it works but sometime battle map got weird funny looking... but i dont care it still can play i just enjoy it....

GSM & DCG not the same team?.. oh so sorry i thought both in the same boss.... ok zeke im looking forward on DCG v2.4 to be out soon....
sorry again so many question ask....

Zeke Wolff
08-25-2010, 09:09 AM
DCG v2.4 will soon be released; We are right now doing the final play testings etc.

This version will mainly be concentrated on adding new maps (both fully new and reworked old ones) and improvements to the DCG "engine" - both you and the AI will now have access to off-map artillery for example.

~Zeke.

matabiko
08-31-2010, 06:27 AM
thanks so much for u & ur teams good effort for this new DCG v2.4...
hope to see something look new in there...
zeke, can u & ur teams do something for panther pz5g new camo skin?... even the halftracks too... just ask if to many works to do then its ok....

Zeke Wolff
09-01-2010, 07:23 AM
I´ve tried to reskin the halftrack(s), both German and Allied ones, but since their uvmaps uses the same positions for both exterior and interior armor plates, it looks quite silly to see them with camouflage colors painted inside as well. I am however working on a few new German and US halftracks (from scratch in 3D) but they are far away from being done.

The Panther G isnt planned, however we are planning to make a new Panther sooner or later since none of us in the team are that happy with the looks of the current ingame one.

~Zeke.

Twan
09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Would it be possible to add some sort of command detonated explosive that you could place like you would a mine or TNT, or simply drop from your inventory onto the ground? I think that I remember some sort of "remote control mine" item in singleplayer with a detonator, but did not try to use it. I think I remember somebody telling me that it couldn't be done because of engine limitations. Is this true?

As always, good work, and can't wait for DCG 2.4!

Zeke Wolff
09-02-2010, 01:06 PM
As far as I know, mines and such things can only be detonated by a vehicle/soldier moving over them, or by placing a stick of dynamite on the ground.

Remote detonated mines and such can only be made to detonate by using scripts in SP missions, which is too bad. Would have been fun to be able to make some nice ambushes with dynamite and such things.

~Zeke.

matabiko
09-02-2010, 03:18 PM
yes the panther should change the colour....
sorry zeke i got another question hope wont make u bad....
currently i change my mow version to 1.11.5 instead of the latest version..
i notice its very difficult to kill medium allied tank such as t-34,crommwell, sherman with 2 big pipe behind it.... i have 3 tiger 2 panther shoot a single medium tank as i mention above it takes more then five mins then it destroyed!.... yes my tank also got heavy knock!...
especially the tiger very weak on behind engine once get hit then thats it it she will explode!!!!
before this version 1.11.3 seems alright to me the tiger is strong just 2-3 shoot enemy tank will destroyed.... is it something wierd???.... or mayb i remove the rangerfix this shooting accuracy problem happen?...
sorry for my poor english....
i want to show u the video 5 tiger against single KV1 but my tiger at least 3 kill!!!!!...
and takes 10min to take down the KV1... :((
it never happen like this before.... thats why i say something not right....

matabiko
09-02-2010, 03:20 PM
how to post u video?.. or u have youtbe channel?... so u can see it for urself there...

Zeke Wolff
09-03-2010, 06:37 AM
I dont know how to post videos, nor do I have a youtube channel.

I´m using 1.17.5 of Men of War, and I´ve no problems whatsoever killing KV-1´s with the Tiger I, FlAK 18, Panthers, King Tigers etc. I do guess that since you are using the .4 and .5 patches together with the basic 1.11.3 patch, is rendering your problem. I suggest that you update your game to 1.17.5 version and don´t use the minimod rangefix after doing it (v2.4 will have a new version of rangefix added which works with 1.17.5).

~Zeke.

Twan
09-03-2010, 11:16 AM
As far as I know, mines and such things can only be detonated by a vehicle/soldier moving over them, or by placing a stick of dynamite on the ground.

Remote detonated mines and such can only be made to detonate by using scripts in SP missions, which is too bad. Would have been fun to be able to make some nice ambushes with dynamite and such things.

~Zeke.

That's unfortunate.

Good to hear about the rangefix for 2.4, it seems the penetration drops off far too drastically even from one house to another at the moment.

Thanks! Eagerly awaiting 2.4 :grin:

matabiko
09-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I dont know how to post videos, nor do I have a youtube channel.

I´m using 1.17.5 of Men of War, and I´ve no problems whatsoever killing KV-1´s with the Tiger I, FlAK 18, Panthers, King Tigers etc. I do guess that since you are using the .4 and .5 patches together with the basic 1.11.3 patch, is rendering your problem. I suggest that you update your game to 1.17.5 version and don´t use the minimod rangefix after doing it (v2.4 will have a new version of rangefix added which works with 1.17.5).

~Zeke.

the problem is im not using CD... thats y i cant update 1.17.5
i update 1.11.5 no CD patch... i alredy search 1.17.5 no CD but dont have...
mayb i'll try again...

Zeke Wolff
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM
@Matabiko - Not sure what you mean... Have you bought the game from an online store and that´s why you don´t have a CD, or are you talking about a NO-CD/DVD patch? If you mean the second option, then you are on your own since we can´t discuss those things on these forums.

~Zeke.

matabiko
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
@Matabiko - Not sure what you mean... Have you bought the game from an online store and that´s why you don´t have a CD, or are you talking about a NO-CD/DVD patch? If you mean the second option, then you are on your own since we can´t discuss those things on these forums.

~Zeke.

ouhh???.... emmm.. ok i pm u then...

matabiko
09-08-2010, 04:27 AM
yo zeke.. is infantry pack 2.3 DCG version 1.35 optional?...
yes now im playing DCG 2.3.. do i have to add on this 1.35 version or is it already inside DCG2.3?

Zeke Wolff
09-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Yes it is optional, just like the map and vehicle packs are optional. However, I do recommend that you use all three optional packs (map, vehicle, infantry and apply them in that order) since it will boost the fun.

DCG v2.3 only contain the necessary files to make the mod work, if you don´t use the optional packs, you are stuck with vanilla maps, vehicles and infantry.

~Zeke.

matabiko
09-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes it is optional, just like the map and vehicle packs are optional. However, I do recommend that you use all three optional packs (map, vehicle, infantry and apply them in that order) since it will boost the fun.

DCG v2.3 only contain the necessary files to make the mod work, if you don´t use the optional packs, you are stuck with vanilla maps, vehicles and infantry.

~Zeke.

Thks zeke i already install it.. the infantry looks much realistic ya...
i like the new SS brown uniform & heer infantry as well...
cant wait for the 2.4.. hehee!

Zeke Wolff
09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
v2.4 has been released and can be found at http://www.moddb.com/mods/dynamic-campaign-generator-dcg

~Zeke.

KnightFandragon
11-06-2010, 06:44 AM
This mod is pretty awesome and im trying to like it but good god......I was rolling along nice in a campaign and I captured a Churchill and Priest and when I ended and gone back into the window for the next mission it had sold my Panther......of my 3 tanks (2Pzr IVs, 1 Panther) it ditches my panther, and what for? just b/c im over my limit? Then whats the point of capturing stuff if its going to replace what you have already?......id put so many swear words in there but im sure itd be a bad idea....and of course, oh so very conveinently, there isnt one to replace it with....which is lame considering I had 200+ pts saved up......THen whats up with the Russian campaign and a Me109 strafing my dudes right off before I even have a chance to see whats going on.....

OMFG........wtf is up with this mod and ditching my tanks......that makes twice now it has gotten rid of my tank...Where in what manual does it say a track being out ditches the tank.....thats the ONLY reason I could have any hope of seeing why my tank got ditched..but seriously, my uncle leaves his missions with damaged stuff usually and he gets it back.....I wasnt over this time either.....38 points left...seriously......wtf is up with that....

Holy sweet mother of god.....why the **** does this friggin DCG get rid of my stuff? This time it sold my whole damn army!?!?!? I was on my way into the 3rd campaign and it got rid of everything...I was 13 pts under to.....seriously?

Zeke Wolff
11-08-2010, 02:29 PM
The only time(s) you will lose a vehicle is;

a) A wheeled vehicle has a wheel lost (greyed out, imreparable).

b) The player doesnt repair a damaged engine/hull/track (ie parts is colored red, not dark grey).

c) if the vehicle that was captured belongs to the map, and not the enemy AI, it wont be transfered to your next battle.

d) a unmanned vehicle will not be transfered to your next battle, and thus, it will instead be removed from your unit.

These are the only times a vehicle will be removed from your force. Always make sure that you do repair any damaged vehicles to be sure not to lose them.

DCG never ditches any vehicles, cannons, etc because of a limit. You will only be unable to buy anything new until you are udner the limit again.

~Zeke.

FlavidtheCenturion
11-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Is there a for this to installed for a steam version of MOW?

KnightFandragon
11-14-2010, 05:43 PM
So, do damaged turrets force the vehicle to be abandoned? I pretty much figured out that an unmanned vehicle would be abandoned, thats kinda an obvious reason.....well anywho, ive read the replies to my thread on DMS and it all makes sense now =D While im at it, why, when I refuel in the field can I not use Sherman, Grant, Stuart fuel and my uncle couldnt use Matilda fuel but I can use Churchill and Dorchester fuel? I havent tried with any M8s, trucks or jeeps.

I know for a fact my vehicles need the gas before I go to do it but when I get the gas from anything but a Churchill or Dorchester, I dont get that refueling funnel icon. I make it my mission now to refuel everytime I see a churchill. Also, what was with the Panthers and in the buy menu I could only refuel my Panthers up to 100 only after they were below 100? Is that to force the player to make use of gas cans in the field? I dont mind using them but still, just wondering whats up with the refueling in the buy menu.

Lolz, one more question. YOu know how if you play the Castle map one mission and wind up on it again a few missions later and the carnage from the previous mission stays? Well does the carnage from the previous mission become "bound to the map"? I had a Panther that had gotten tracked and i didnt realize it till I lost it in the buy menu so I restored my campaign and played the map again, my panther was there and i fixed it but lost it in the buy menu anyway. My only guess was that it became "bound to the map" after the first time. I just wound up doing some save game editing to give it back to me...evil I know but I am so very tired of losing my stuff to randomness like that haha. Well anywho lolz.....carnage from previous missions becomes bound then?

Zeke Wolff
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Everythign you leave on the map when finishing the mission, gets owned by the map. That is, if you do leave a vehicle that could´ve been repaired, and later returns to the map, you can repair the vehicle and use it on that map, but will lose it when the mission is done.

Regarding the fuel issue: Shermans, Stuarts, etc uses Petrol as fuel. Dorchester, Matildas, Churchills uses Diesel as fuel. That´s why you can´t refuel your Matilda from a Sherman etc.

A damaged tank turret (red colored) wont make you lose the vehicle, it will be automatically repaired in-between battles. However a totally greyed out turret means that you will lose the vehicle (this is due to the fact that the game engine doesnt allow us to man vehicles that has lost their turret but is otherwise undamaged. Too bad, the old S:HOWW2 engine allowed us to do that and it was pretty cool to drive around in a turretless tank! :D ).

~Zeke.

Twan
01-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Is there any chance of the DCG mod moving on to Assault Squad? Or is that a completely different animal that would require a new mod?

Also, is this mod still in development for MoW? It's easily my favourite. Endlessly replayable. Great job.

I'm still hoping to see remotely triggered explosives of some type, or the ability to add fuzes to any explosive and trigger them remotely once placed. Sounds complicated though, I won't get my hopes up.

Zeke Wolff
01-18-2011, 10:47 PM
If it will be transfered to MoW:AS is a thing for the future to discuss, we can´t say if it is possible until MoW:AS has been released. But since both games are based on the same engine, my guess is that it is do-able.

Yes, the mod is still being developed for MoW. The mods main forum is located at DMS (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=138) and as far as I know, I´m the only team member who is a member of 1C Men of War forums. We are currently working on adding Italy to our mod (vehicles etc are being made from scratch) and other things. You can find more info about the mod´s future in the link above.

~Zeke.

Ale56
01-22-2011, 09:43 PM
I canno get this mod to work

Here are some of pictures with my problems

martinapsid
02-16-2011, 06:13 PM
hi can not get into resource screen after save the game saves its in the folder result but resource screen never comes up i think ive got it in wrong folder i am using vista and have followed advice and put game into file outside program files its im c:\games mod folder is in there and all mods work and sve fine expect dcg saves help please

Rainmaker
02-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Hey Zeke good work you guys are doing there! Good job man really, keep it up. You got my props!

Twan
03-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Hello again.

Just downloaded 2.5 and love it so far.

But I think I found a bug. I bought a T-34 Obr. 40 I believe, and when my coaxial mg ran out of ammo, I couldn't reload, tried pressing the numpad + key and tried doing it the other way when not in direct control, when you go into that cogwheel menu thing and click reload. But it still wouldn't reload. The odd part is that the hull machine gun works fine. It reloads and fires. I even tried unmounting and mounting the coax, but it still wouldn't work.

Any advice?

Thanks for the new release, looking forward to many hours with it!

EDIT: All other vehicles/tanks seem to work fine, it might just be the T-34 Obr. 40 I think was what I spawned. Also, the change shell type key (numpad insert) doesn't work in DCG2.5 anymore for some reason. Doesn't really matter, good update.

Zeke Wolff
03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes it is a bug which has already been fixed and a hotfix will be released shortly (when we´ve fixed some other stuff as well).

The numpad insert key works for me (to change ammo type that is).

~Zeke.

Alex27
04-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Hello

Great mod!

Just 2 questions:
-> Is there is a way to play just a single map with all the units?
-> I've been downloading the German Soldiers Mod, I was just wandering if it is possible to play with the italians or the french using your mod.

Thanks

Zeke Wolff
04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks,

Q1: Not sure what you mean with it to be honest.

Q2: Not yet - we´re working on adding the Italians as a standalone nation for our mod (if you are interested, we´ve a thread about the project at http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=2924) but it is far from done.

The French MIGHT be added in the future but that depends on several things (interest from mod players, if the mod team has enough time to add (create new models, skins etc) them and a lot of other things).

~~Zeke.

Alex27
04-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks,

Q1: Not sure what you mean with it to be honest.

Right now you have to wait several missions to get enough point to buy some units (especially tanks and heavy artillery:grin:) sometimes you have never acess to some vehicles like the centurion for the british.:-x
All I'm asking is if it is possible to play just a single map against the computer with all units available (no rarity) and enough point to get more units.;)

Q2: Not yet - we´re working on adding the Italians as a standalone nation for our mod (if you are interested, we´ve a thread about the project at http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=2924) but it is far from done.

The French MIGHT be added in the future but that depends on several things (interest from mod players, if the mod team has enough time to add (create new models, skins etc) them and a lot of other things).

~~Zeke.

A mod have been made with those 2 factions: German Soldiers Mod
I know it sound stupid but did you ask them if you could use their work and use it for your mod?:rolleyes:
And what can I do to use them inside your mod?
Right now I am planning to change the code of MoW and replace the british with the french or the italians, but I don't know what would be the result...:confused:

Zeke Wolff
04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
We´re well aware of the GSM mod; However it is the other way around here - they´re waiting for us to release our Italians so that they can use our models in their mod, just like they´ve done with all our other vehicles we´ve released so far for DCG.

We do not use any resources etc from other modding teams, since we prefer to make our own models and maps, since we then own everything we´ve made and thus, no-one can accuse us of stealing and/or not providing original authors with credit.

Answer to your Q1: If you want more "money" to buy units for in the beginning, click on the DCG setting button and choose Easy - this will give you 50% more "money" to buy things.

DCG is also created to be historical accurate, and thus you wont see Centurions, Black Prince, IS3 and other vehicles which arrived after the end of the war in our mod, except when and if, you play a Korean War campaign.

~Zeke.

Alex27
04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
We´re well aware of the GSM mod; However it is the other way around here - they´re waiting for us to release our Italians so that they can use our models in their mod, just like they´ve done with all our other vehicles we´ve released so far for DCG.

I didn't know a thing about this!
I'm a froggy this is why I was asking the french, I'm just dreaming of playing with them!:-P

We do not use any resources etc from other modding teams, since we prefer to make our own models and maps, since we then own everything we´ve made and thus, no-one can accuse us of stealing and/or not providing original authors with credit.

Ok just asking the question.
Afterall if you give something you can ask something in return no?;)

Answer to your Q1: If you want more "money" to buy units for in the beginning, click on the DCG setting button and choose Easy - this will give you 50% more "money" to buy things.

I know and I did it but some vehicles will remain in gray for the all campaign:mad:
It's because of the rarity stuff, what are the chance of getting a "very rare" vehicle?

Sorry to ask again but is it possible to play just a single game where you choose how many points you will have?

Thanks for the replies.

Zeke Wolff
04-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I know and I did it but some vehicles will remain in gray for the all campaign:mad:
It's because of the rarity stuff, what are the chance of getting a "very rare" vehicle?

It´s because of the rarity check. Don´t know what the exaxt chance is for a very rare vehicle, but the chance to get, for example, a Dicker Max which was only produced in 2 examples, are very rare, and to get two in the same campaign, is almost impossible.

Sorry to ask again but is it possible to play just a single game where you choose how many points you will have?

No.

~Zeke.

onlyforbrian
08-01-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm sorry to sound like a whiner, but I'm tired of guys posting dead links, don't you ever double check to see if they are working before you post them? I'm also tired of guys posting assinine, useless information like, "Hey guys, I just downloaded, the map pack for this generator and it's great!" But then they are either too lazy or too stupid to bother providing a link. That makes their post totally useless and a total waste of time.

Monotone56
08-04-2011, 07:56 PM
So, Just download the 2.5 version, and it's correcctly installed (Paths are right, it loads up, reconizes maps, etc. ) but when i go to click the "done" button after choosing my move on the campaign map it pops up a message that says, "Error while Copying Map files." I can hit continue and everything will act right (Haven't got it to work yet so i'm not sure about that) but when i load everything up in-game there only a black screen with the hud. This is for the MOW vanilla current steam version on XP. Any help anyone can give would be stellar.

*Edit* And then THIS happened, "Unhandled exception, Counldn't find DCGenviroment.set" *sigh* Thanks for anything you guys can think of....

Mono

Monotone56
08-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Got it running. it was just a User error i think. Awesome mod! (I did notice a error when playing as the americans,, only got it once, but it said something about the P-51. kinda not helpful i know. but i kinda think it might be my copy of MoW. ) anyway, Thanks for a awesome mod!

Zeke Wolff
08-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm sorry to sound like a whiner, but I'm tired of guys posting dead links, don't you ever double check to see if they are working before you post them?

Digitalmindsoft.eu recently changed their wbesite to a new format, and after that, none of the links that were posted before the change, doesnt work.

All DCG files can be found at http://www.moddb.com/mods/dynamic-campaign-generator-dcg.

I'm also tired of guys posting assinine, useless information like, "Hey guys, I just downloaded, the map pack for this generator and it's great!"

Well, for us who are working on DCG (making new vehicles, maps, etc) this kind of "useless information" ain´t that useless, since it let US know that people actually do like the stuff we make. If we never hear anything from the users who play our mod, we would stop releasing stuff.

But then they are either too lazy or too stupid to bother providing a link. That makes their post totally useless and a total waste of time.

It would take you about 10 seconds to write "dynamic campaign generator" at Google, and the first link you receive, is to our files at ModDb. But perhaps your time is too valuable to do so, or?

~Zeke.

mccormack.d
08-24-2011, 01:05 AM
I clicked on the DCG link in this thread, but the page isn't found. Where can I find and download the DCG?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Zeke Wolff
08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
All DCG files can be found at http://www.moddb.com/mods/dynamic-campaign-generator-dcg.

~Zeke.