PDA

View Full Version : Just finished the game - a question.

T_E_E
03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Hello and shalom everyone. First i will state that if you didn't finish the game (done all the missions) reading on from here will definitely spoil your game.

to the point -
being the great WWII games/history fan that I am, like many others, i've decided to pick this game up a few months ago, because a hitman-esque with a soviet-ww2 touch could never be bad.
after playing the first mission, and realizing just how hard and challenging this game is, i've not regretted my choice. this is a great game, an underrated gem in my opinion.

I have a few gripes about the game, but about them I will write in the designed forum thread correspondently.

generally it's been great - however, I do have a question about Strogov's faith.

the ending scene was quite unclear for me. i wasn't sure if Strogov was dreaming or was he really invaded by a silent assassin at night? because it did seem like he was between two situations, of which the changing-colours of the scene insinuated.

I really like good games that come with good plots, i feel like the plot in DtS was a little hollow and that's a shame - however I would like to hear your opinions about Semion's faith.

thanks to all repliers in advance.

Liz Shaw
03-15-2009, 05:52 AM
The ending was really weird! I don't know if the ending takes place during Strogov's time with SMERSH, or at the height of the Jewish Doctor's Plot (Stalin's last Purge).

However, an expansion of DtS has been released in the former USSR, called the Moment of Truth. There has yet to be a localization of the game, but hykao (another member of this forum) made a Hungarian translation patch a while ago. Maybe the answer to your question will be revealed in MoT?

hykao
03-15-2009, 12:23 PM
The first video of the MoT explains the last video of the DtS...but the last video of the MoT is also a bit weird... :)

!!!SPOILER!!!

!!!SPOILER!!!

Maybe Strogov is a double agent or so...

(PRESS Ctrl + A)

T_E_E
03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
The first video of the MoT explains the last video of the DtS...but the last video of the MoT is also a bit weird... :)

!!!SPOILER!!!

!!!SPOILER!!!

Maybe Strogov is a double agent or so...

(PRESS Ctrl + A)

so, out of curiousity: (ctrl+a)

it might be that the protagonist of MoT is the one who may or may not killed Strogov?

and liz - what did the jewish doctor plot had to do with strogov?

interesting. thank you for your replies.

Liz Shaw
03-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Strogov's interrogation scenes take place in 1951. He is informed almost immediately upon his arrival that his boss, Viktor Abakumov (the real life head of SMERSH), has been arrested. 1951 was the start of or getting close to the Doctor's Plot, and Abakumov, a subordinate to NKVD chief Lavrentiy Beria, was arrested at that time.

More information can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Abakumov

By the way, the MoT protagonist IS Strogov, from what I hear, but his face is different...

T_E_E
03-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the Clarification, Liz! very interesting info.

by the way - is it possible that Strogov was jewish?