03-13-2009, 09:27 AM
hi all

any tips on completing the first level Baptism by fire of soviet campaign,
as my tank seems to keep getting caught. The coop looks amazing

cheers
paul:evil:

firefox83
03-13-2009, 01:40 PM
If I remeber correctly, thats the one where you finish the level by stealing the tank, right?

I basically just ran through with the guys they had. Armed most with either MG's or Assault rifles, and grenades. At the end, when you have to take out the MG nest, I had my squad flank around to where that small building was, with the pile of rubble and all. I had one guy in front of the MG nest, on the road. I would pop him out to get the MGs attention, and to shot him, then send 1 or 2 guys out from the side of the building to toss their grenades. Then pop em back into safety. Did this until the germans were dead, think I lost one or two guys.

Flashpoint Gold
05-18-2009, 06:45 PM
To deal with the convoy: What I did, and the only thing that worked for me(all other times the tank got lit up), was keep the heavy tank by the fjord and broken bridge with my infantry taking cover behind the tank and letting the enemy come to me. I kept one of the infantry men repairing the tank while I direct controlled it so I could hit the enemy armor's weakspots and keep the infantry back. Then when the convoy stopped coming it would either be mission complete or it wasn't satisfied so I would push forward and wipe out the rest of them. Be warned though, there is basically no cover around the fjord and broken bridge to adequately support your tank. I know I said use the tank for cover, but for some reason your men are still easy to hit even behind the tank, unless directly behind it but they don't help being there unless repairing which is what one of them should be doing. DO NOT, let the enemy infantry close. They have AT nades that will rip your tank to shreds. I learned this the hard way trying to move the tank up to the top of the hill to hold the convoy from there, guy jumps out of a motorcycle runs up to my tank and BOOM!

Nike-it
05-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Also try to collect more shells for the tank, at first try I ran out of ammo very fast, and also you may try to block the road with destroyed enemy vehicles, so the others will stuck and will be an easy target for you.

Flashpoint Gold
05-19-2009, 02:10 PM
I never ran out of shells so I didn't have to do that, but I did rummage through the enemy vehicles to get their mgs and mg ammo. Though in other times I played this level it wasn't neccesary. Need mg ammo? Get it from enemy vehicles they normally have a thousand rounds or so.

nilloc93
05-29-2009, 05:15 PM
or in the case of 1 glitched out 1 i saw 1.242734634 E^2