PDA

View Full Version : way too much (bad) shooting in this game !

ztorm
03-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Edit : new title. I was a bit upset by the time I posted this :-)

I like Cryostasis very much, but I'm starting to hate the "shooter" part. Sadly, this part seems to become more important as the game progresses. Here's what I've gathered, correct me if I'm wrong :

-thugs with firearms don't need to aim. You have to. (Unless you're very lucky or too close to your target.) And the stretched view and iron sights in widescreen resolutions sure don't help.
-thugs with firearms don't seem to ever miss. They just shoot and hit you everytime. And remember, they don't even aim...
-no damage localization : if killing a thug requires three shots, it does not matter where you hit. Headshots don't exist.
-timing is everything in firearms combat : arm your weapon, aim, shoot, reload. Thugs only shoot and reload. Guess who's screwed ?
-with framerates constantly going from "smooth as silk" to "sluggish as hell", accurate aiming and good timing seem like impossible dreams.
-heat sources don't add to your health, they equalize your health. So you're basically wounded or half-dead most of the time. And here comes yet another thug out of nowhere to shoot you down... yelling "hey, you must hit me three times before I die, remember ? That's right, waste 3 valuable bullets on me like all the others. Ready ? Oh ! You're dead !!" :-x

I confess I'm stuck in the part where you must use a crane/hook to raise a collapsed platform. Having to learn when and where the bad guys will appear is not my idea of "having fun with a great game". It's really getting on my nerves. How many rifle guys pop up in this place ? 5 in a row ? Are you kidding me ?? :evil:

Nightmare Hobo
03-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I agree, the shooting really has to have a major overhaul. It's a massive flaw in the game. And they do miss, about 10% of the time, but that's only when there's an obstacle between you and the bullet, which is almost never.
I'm tired of having to save every time I see an enemy. It really detracts from the immersion.

EvilInside
03-12-2009, 02:00 AM
+1 ztorm
I remember this place :)
anyway... i did not die there, just don't rush them like "i am rambo" and don't stand steel for longer then 1sec. :P
Yes i do think that rifle dudes need serious aiming/accuracy fixes.

nogi
03-14-2009, 11:25 AM
sounds like some1 sucks in gaming lolz..

ztorm
03-14-2009, 03:12 PM
:-) Maybe I just suck indeed. You gotta admit Cryostasis is not exactly a fast-paced game for the most part though, so when bad guys keep jumping at you things can get messy pretty quick... and their unfair advantages sometimes force you to rely on quicksaves, rather than skill. Which is a pity imho.

boredgunner
03-14-2009, 07:55 PM
I agree, there should be in the patch in the future so the enemies actually have to aim. Also my GTX 260 sucks in this game at 1680 x 1050 maxed out with 1x AA and 16x AF. I'm buying a recertified 8800GTS 320 for PhysX :grin: