PDA

View Full Version : Exception Error "Not SDL File!"

Getano
03-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I receive an exception error "Not SDL file! (esdlreader.cpp,17) everytime I start a level. Sometimes I can play for 1 minute or so, then the error occurs.
The rest of the error is as follows:
>> main
>file "@/profiles/player/save/autosave4/status"

If I click ok on this error the game closes. Please does anyone know how I can fix this? Unluckily my 4 year old son got hold of my game DVD and it is so badly scratched that I cannot reinstall the game :-(

Thank you.

Getano
03-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Just for reference, I played the game for a few days, no problems. I have Vista installed. After a powerfailure this error started happening :-(

Renegade53
04-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi,

I receive an exception error "Not SDL file! (esdlreader.cpp,17) everytime I start a level. Sometimes I can play for 1 minute or so, then the error occurs.
The rest of the error is as follows:
>> main

If I click ok on this error the game closes. Please does anyone know how I can fix this? Unluckily my 4 year old son got hold of my game DVD and it is so badly scratched that I cannot reinstall the game :-(

Thank you.
I have exactly the same issue here, soon as I find out or vise versa, lets get this resolved.

Renegade53
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
What I was instructed to do was to Uninstall the game, delete any directories and folders, because some will not delete after you uninstall game as you probably know. To delete those directories and folders go to C:\ Users, your account, Documents, My games, Men of War. You may see a folder called Players. If you have some saves that you want to keep. Look for "game_progress.set" inside one of the folders and make a copy of that. Call the folder anything you want to. Now, reinstall game, run it and exit it, go back and copy that new folder You just made and place it into the new "game_progress.set" file. If you didn't understand this, let me know and I will phrase it differently or something. Hope it works. Remember uninstall game before you delete any folders or files. Also, You don't have to copy saves in that progress_set file. I didn't. Just start game from scratch.

karizma
09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
>> main
----------------------------------------------------

enter this derectory and delete file "status" !!!
run the game and enter "select mission", select last mission ..... play !
(don't load your save game !! )