PDA

View Full Version : capturing tanks

tanker 21
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Why can i not capture enemy armour ??? all the ocupants have fled,yet still all i can do is target it. Never can i enter it as even when damaged and empty its still treated as enemy ????

thegrindre
03-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Not all enemy vehicles can be captured. Think of it as possibly too damaged for capture. Or, the damaged part is not available in the field. Or, they ran away with the keys. Or, what ever...
You can't always have it your way. The game was well designed and has it's reasons.
One reason being, if you captured a tank to early in the mission, then that mission would be to easily beaten.
So, just grab the MG and all the ammo and move on.

:grin:

Evilsausage
03-07-2009, 01:19 AM
yup, some missions are designed that way for balance reasons. tanks that gets the hull destroyed can't be recrewed.
However if you destroy the turret of an enemy tank you can steal it and repair the turret and use it for your own.

On mission 7 (i think) for the russians. I stole like 4 panthers that way. It really helped alot since the mission was quite hard.

Breezyoak
04-13-2010, 11:21 PM
See my luck about capturing the armored cars posting. Good luck.

KnightFandragon
04-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Ive not had much trouble w/ recrewing tanks, just take out the turret, the enemies bail, you steal it, retreat, fix it and KAPOW! a brand new used tank w/ $5000 cash back and a 20,000 mile warranty :-P

sspiega
06-04-2010, 01:17 AM
Sometimes if the tank is too close to the edge of the map, your soldier won't be able to get into the vehicle.

kane1
06-05-2010, 12:17 AM
In SHoWW2 that was one of my Win conditions. I would have to capture most of the vehicles.

razputin
06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Or, they ran away with the keys. :grin:
LOL, that is a funny idea! :grin:

Korsakov829
06-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I managed to capture 7 crusaders in the last German mission.

KnightFandragon
06-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Lolz, on the 2nd Russian mission I had, by the end of the mission captured like 2 or 3 Panzer IV Es and a Panzer III, kept them all the way up to the 99% marker and seemingly simultaneously they all died.....I was like damn....thats pretty creepy, strange but kinda neat

Gary_P
05-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Ive not had much trouble w/ recrewing tanks, just take out the turret, the enemies bail, you steal it, retreat, fix it and KAPOW! a brand new used tank w/ $5000 cash back and a 20,000 mile warranty :-P

HAHAHAHAHA

Never thought of that. this game realy makes you think outside the box.

CMDR Sweeper
06-29-2011, 04:17 AM
Aim for the turret and get a turret destroyed... However, some tanks require special hits like the Panther.
Only really soft spot is the small triangles at the sides of the main gun, do not aim for the square that the main gun's barrel is attached to... That one cannot be penetrated even with the T29!

For capturing the Panther is one of the trickiest to take on because the sides of the turret will just make 95% of the rounds bounce off.
Another tactic is to blow a thread off and park a sniper in the neighborhood and wait.
As the crew tries to fix the broken thread you knock them off one by one, and in some cases they might just manage to fix the thread and deposit the repair kit in the tank prior to dying, and you only have to worry about the getaway.

The vehicle capturing is the sweetest part of the game and is what makes it interesting for me.

You can also use infantry to capture tanks with AT grenades, but this requires very precise aiming, if the impact graces the turret and hits the hull, the tank is a goner.