PDA

View Full Version : Crash on launch

Cap79
03-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Just got the demo, and it crashes immediately on launch with a generic "This application has encountered an error..." message every time.

My specs:

AthlonXP 3200+
2.5GB DDR ram
Radeon HD3850 512MB (newest Catalyst drivers)
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 1
WinXP Pro (all updates/SP3)

Let me guess, Necrovision requires an SSE2 processor?

halmaj14
03-07-2009, 12:53 PM
i have this problem too with the demo
here's my specs:
1.5GB ram
Radeon 9550 256MB(it have shader 2.0,so maybe that's the problem,but i don't think so)
AMD sempron 2400+ 1.7GHz(performance rated 2.40 GHz)
winxp pro sp2

i don't know what kind of updates this game needs, but if you think about directx a i have the latest version.

The Bard
01-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Pardon if I appear to be necroing a thread here (no pun intended... or is it?) but I imagine it's better than starting a brand new topic on the exact same issue.

Before we get into the nitty gritty, some system specs:
Windows Vista 64bit
Intel i7 920 CPU
6GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon HD5870
Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme mobo

I bought the game on Steam as part of the Aspyr Complete Pack over the Christmas special period so I can't complain about 'not getting my money's worth.' At the time though I had a NVidia 9400GT (as my last GFX card was a dud and the mobo has no onboard video) and Necrovision worked as fine as expected on such an underpowered card.

Now, however, with the HD5870? I get the generic error message, same as these lads. The card has been the only alteration to my system so I imagine there lies the heart of the issue. I have the readme for the 1.2 patch in the Steam files so it's likely been patched as part of the main installation. The drivers are current, including the fix for City of Heroes (Necrovision didn't work before or after the fix).

If a solution can be found, I will be grateful as I play the only WW1 alt history FPS I am aware of since Ironstorm (Darkest of Days doesn't count as 'alternate history' :P )

The Bard
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks to 'Grandmaster B' on the Steam forums, we have a solution which I'll post here for all those having these issues with no response.

Here's his post copied word for word:

'NecroVisioN did not start (silently crashed) until i manually changed the "Cfg.RenderDevice" in the "config.ini" to 2. Maybe that solution helps somebody having the same problem, if it does not change the number back to 1.'

Worked for me, here's hoping it'll work for everyone too.

RonBR
02-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks to 'Grandmaster B' on the Steam forums, we have a solution which I'll post here for all those having these issues with no response.

Here's his post copied word for word:

'NecroVisioN did not start (silently crashed) until i manually changed the "Cfg.RenderDevice" in the "config.ini" to 2. Maybe that solution helps somebody having the same problem, if it does not change the number back to 1.'

Worked for me, here's hoping it'll work for everyone too.

I had issues with Windows 7 64 bits, ATI driver 10.2, tried the atidxx32.dll solution without success, but this one worked like magic! GREAT!