PDA

View Full Version : Will BoP support the new Thustmaster Flightstick

Douglas Bader
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Hello guys, Anton,

I have anxious been following the posts over here and it has been said before, my compliments for Anton!!!! His answering and support are beyond the Call of Duty. Way to go Anton!

I have been playing the PC version of IL-Sturmovik for years now and since I'm partly switched to the console I have been waiting for this to come true.

Flightsticks for the PS3 are arriving now. I use the Saitek gear on the PC but fancy the new Thrustmaster Flightstick for the PS3. Will this one be supported by BoP since the stick has been released shortly?

Secondly, how many players are possible in a Multiplayer game. Both questions might have been answered in previous posts, but I had to give my compliments to Anton:grin:

Anton Yudintsev
03-05-2009, 12:36 AM
Flightsticks for the PS3 are arriving now. I use the Saitek gear on the PC but fancy the new Thrustmaster Flightstick for the PS3. Will this one be supported by BoP since the stick has been released shortly?

Secondly, how many players are possible in a Multiplayer game. Both questions might have been answered in previous posts, but I had to give my compliments to Anton:grin:

There are up to 16 players in MP session.
I can't give information on PS3 joysticks support now.

Douglas Bader
03-05-2009, 07:45 AM

Anton, I presume this information will become available in the near future? Thanks for the reply on the Multiplayer question.

Anton Yudintsev
03-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Anton, I presume this information will become available in the near future?

Yep.

GabeFan
03-07-2009, 04:01 PM
This PS3 Flightstick looks pretty cool! Thanks for the info. Hopefully this will work with BoP, as I'm buying the PS3 version of the game.

Never used any Flightstick before, but with the release of BoP, now will be a great reason to start...

Douglas Bader
03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello GabeFan,

I hope so too. Thrustmaster has quite a reputation concerning Flightsticks(allthough not all of them were that good) so I believe(hope) BoP will support these stick. I have been using Flightsticks from Thrustmaster from the early PC simulation days and they have never dissapointed me. Have used the Saitek gear aswell (X36 Combo) and they are really top of the bill. Believe however that these kind of sticks will never be console material, but who knows.

Regards,

Marcel

trk29
03-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Anton, I presume this information will become available in the near future? Thanks for the reply on the Multiplayer question.

I hope the Saitek Aviator for PS3 will work. Since it is only 1 of 2 that are made for it.

Douglas Bader
03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Thrustmaster has released another stick, HOTAS which will be release together with the PC version of HAWX. Goog thing about this stick is that it will also work on the PS3(lucky me)http://benchmarkreviews.com/images/stories/Thrustmaster/T.Flight_Hotas-X/T.Flight_Hotas-X.jpg

trk29
03-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Thrustmaster has released another stick, HOTAS which will be release together with the PC version of HAWX. Goog thing about this stick is that it will also work on the PS3(lucky me)http://benchmarkreviews.com/images/stories/Thrustmaster/T.Flight_Hotas-X/T.Flight_Hotas-X.jpg

I just saw a post on the Hawx forum about that stick and he said the dead zone was off and the stick didn't handle that well for Hawx. That Stick looks sick though! I like it. If I don't get the aviator throught the contest then I will probably get the T Hotas. Let me know how it works.

Qoute Kada-Dix
"I bought a Thrustmaster T Hotas today... and so far I think the PS3 controller is much better, much more sensitive and responsive

The Hotas has a small but noticeable deadzone and no function to look around you!

Waste of money so far!"

Qoute
"Played a online TDM this morning and got an embarrassing 300 points with it... switched to PS3 controller and was back up in the thousands

may have wasted my money!"

Raw Kryptonite
03-27-2009, 03:01 AM
No way to look around? What's that hat switch for? Works on the aviator, don't know why it wouldn't on that thing.

JsRacingS2k
03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
People have to remember the physics in HAWX suck so bad. I'm not giving my review of the Aviator for XBOX till BOP comes out...

Douglas Bader
04-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Anton, any news on Thrustmaster/Joystick support for the PS3

Anton Yudintsev
04-08-2009, 09:34 AM
We are working on it.
Very likely we will support it, yes.
Not 100% sure now.

trk29
04-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Anton is there anyway of knowing if the Saitek Aviator is gonna work for the ps3?

xNikex
04-21-2009, 02:51 AM
Anton is there anyway of knowing if the Saitek Aviator is gonna work for the ps3?

Oh yeah I'm definately getting one of those.:)

trk29
04-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah I'm definately getting one of those.:)

I actually think I like the T Flight Hotas stick better it is bigger, the grip looks more contoured to your hand versus a straight stick, and has a huge throttle lever. I like the idea that it can come apart too. And their also the same price 49.99. PS3center.com just gave a review of it.
http://www.ps3center.net/article/237/tflight-hotas-x-review/

Raw Kryptonite
04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I've got the Aviator, the TFlight isn't available for the 360 for some strange reason. I'd take it in a heartbeat over the Aviator.

One fantastic feature of the joystick is the adjustable resistance. On the underside of the joystick, there’s a little you can tighten or loosen to increase or decrease the amount of force needed to move the stick in any particular direction.

That's huge. The Aviator is VERY loose, just having a spring at the base fore resistance. Could still be a simple spring, but at least you can adjust it.

The layout is much nicer, the Aviator puts the shoulder buttons and stick-click buttons on the front, where your right arm obscures access to the right side buttons. It's livable, but awkward. Better than a controller for flight games, but not nearly optimal.

I wish we had a true force feedback stick with the T Flight layout.

guiltyspark
04-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I've got the Aviator, the TFlight isn't available for the 360 for some strange reason. I'd take it in a heartbeat over the Aviator.

That's huge. The Aviator is VERY loose, just having a spring at the base fore resistance. Could still be a simple spring, but at least you can adjust it.

The layout is much nicer, the Aviator puts the shoulder buttons and stick-click buttons on the front, where your right arm obscures access to the right side buttons. It's livable, but awkward. Better than a controller for flight games, but not nearly optimal.

I wish we had a true force feedback stick with the T Flight layout.the ace edge stick for 360 is much higher quality

Douglas Bader
06-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Rumours and info concerning supported flightsticks has been quiet lately. I would like to breath some new life into it. Both for the PS3 as the X-Box. So if any of you(especialy Anton) have more information/experience with Thrustmaster, Saitek in any of the available titles out there, please share this information. From the E3 nothing new has been mentioned as far as I know. And.....we need the right gear, don't we.

TRK29, sorry for not being original with my autograph :oops:

JsRacingS2k
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Maybe there will be some info on the website next year...

Douglas Bader
06-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Maybe there will be some info on the website next year...

Optimist...:lol::lol:

trk29
06-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Optimist...:lol::lol:

Nice sig;)

trk29
06-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Rumours and info concerning supported flightsticks has been quiet lately. I would like to breath some new life into it. Both for the PS3 as the X-Box. So if any of you(especialy Anton) have more information/experience with Thrustmaster, Saitek in any of the available titles out there, please share this information. From the E3 nothing new has been mentioned as far as I know. And.....we need the right gear, don't we.

Why are you saying that?

xNikex
06-12-2009, 01:50 AM
I actually think I like the T Flight Hotas stick better it is bigger, the grip looks more contoured to your hand versus a straight stick, and has a huge throttle lever. I like the idea that it can come apart too. And their also the same price 49.99. PS3center.com just gave a review of it.
http://www.ps3center.net/article/237/tflight-hotas-x-review/

Thanks, but will they work on 360?

Douglas Bader
06-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Why are you saying that?

TRK, what exactly are you referring to. As usual I write a lot but don't say that much(typical for Government employees):)

trk29
06-12-2009, 07:13 AM

:confused:

Douglas Bader
06-12-2009, 08:18 AM
:confused:

Aahh, I did like your autograph so I kinda copied it. That's the sorry about.:cool:

trk29
06-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Aahh, I did like your autograph so I kinda copied it. That's the sorry about.:cool:

No worries,:mrgreen: I like yours as well.

Mage_016
06-17-2009, 05:42 AM
So anything new on the flightsticks?

Roadie
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks, but will they work on 360?There is a flight stick for XBox360 from Saitek available: Aviator for Xbox 360 & PC (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/av8rxboxv2.htm)

PS3 version from Saitek: Aviator for Playstation 3 & PC (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/av8rps3v2.htm)

sasquatch
06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
There is a flight stick for XBox360 from Saitek available: Aviator for Xbox 360 & PC (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/av8rxboxv2.htm)

PS3 version from Saitek: Aviator for Playstation 3 & PC (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/av8rps3v2.htm)

I would really like to have another option for the xbox 360. From the reviews on the Saitek, I kind of question its durability. Also, as far as I can tell, it lacks any rumble or force feedback. I know the Ace Edge will work and I may just end up picking one up used or something. I was hoping we'd get another option.