PDA

View Full Version : in combat mana stops recharging after turn 25 or so?

rena
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I was fighting the final tournament battle (im only level 20 so i was getting slaughtered but was getting through it slowly) and at around turn 25 my 4 mana a turn stopped coming i was stucj at one rage and 1 mana for the rest of the fight which i lost and could have won if it had kept recharging. Is this intentional and if so it needs to be in the ability description thanks.

Ryastar
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
No, that's just how the game works. Starting at round ten, mana and rage generation from sources other than abilities/spells/rage spirits is halved, and I think after round 20 it is completely stopped (never having needed to make combats last more than ~15 rounds, I can't say for sure). I don't think this is mentioned anywhere (not in the manual, certainly, I just checked), but if you look at the combat log at the bottom of the screen, at the beginning of turn ten it says something like "the battle grows long, and the energy reserves of your troops are decreasing, mana and rage regeneration is halved."

If you find that you are running out of mana/rage during combat, there are a ridiculous number of strategies out there for not only regenerating it back, but also finishing each and every combat with full mana and rage. Take a look around the forum, and make use of the search function to find them, or I can expound some of them, if you want.

MisterBarca
03-04-2009, 02:46 PM
No, that's just how the game works. Starting at round ten, mana and rage generation from sources other than abilities/spells/rage spirits is halved, and I think after round 20 it is completely stopped (never having needed to make combats last more than ~15 rounds, I can't say for sure). I don't think this is mentioned anywhere (not in the manual, certainly, I just checked), but if you look at the combat log at the bottom of the screen, at the beginning of turn ten it says something like "the battle grows long, and the energy reserves of your troops are decreasing, mana and rage regeneration is halved."

If you find that you are running out of mana/rage during combat, there are a ridiculous number of strategies out there for not only regenerating it back, but also finishing each and every combat with full mana and rage. Take a look around the forum, and make use of the search function to find them, or I can expound some of them, if you want.

Please do expound! :)

By the way, I've never had a battle gone over 6-7 turns at most. Is this because I am a nuke-heavy Mage?

jwallstone
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Like Ryastar said, take a look around the forum. There are tons of strategies already discussed. Use the search function. Take a little effort and you can look it all up easily.

Stepsongrapes
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
This thread, just a little ways down on this very sub-forum, will help save Ryastar some typing:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6115

As to not going more than a few rounds, it simply means you're not playing to optimize score by minimizing/eliminating loses or completing in the fastest time on the overland map.

Players who go for many rounds tend not to be doing it because they have to, they're doing it as part of a strategy.

Ryastar
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Stepsongrapes, I was actually going to link to that post, lol.

rena
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
i was using strategy or anything im still new to this game :) battles dont usually last that long for me but this was the level 30 tournament fight, and i was only level 20 so it was an epic battle lasting ages. at around turn 20 all i had left was a bunch of orc shaman and all he had was a bunch of beholders and a few cyclops (i think). At that point it got painfully slow. At around turn 39 i gave up cause i wasn't going to win without mana.