PDA

View Full Version : Having a few problems...

RAF74_KurtStudent
03-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi all,

I am curretnly playing the german campaign and got to mission 2.

I have tried playing the game strategically, tactically, sneakilly... etc....

I cannot get past mission 2. :( lame im sure.

but the problem is, I choose my troops - ok fine.

move them all into good positions and attack the 1st line of arty.

Then all my troops get mashed, tanks the lot... within about 5-10 seconds.

the enemy arty seems to hit and destroy everything on the first shot... even when im rushing their positions. :(

I have even attacked on 2 flanks to ensure 1/2 the force hits and survives....

but the problem is the arty on the far bank is 100% accurate and i feel that is too accurate :(

How can i compete this mission?

Sneaksie
03-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Dunkirk is tough. First of all, take your time.
Choose Pz IV tanks preferably, because they have HEAT shells capable of penetrating heavy french tanks.
First, stay were you are and defeat enemy counterattracking armor. Then advance your armor slowly on the left flank, while sending infantry to take out artillery battery at the center. When you spot the location of enemy gun on the other bank, concentrate fire of your tanks on it (use Ground Attack if you don't see the gun itself). Hopefully, your infantry will kill artillery crews on your bank of the river and there will be some soldiers left - order them to now empty guns and use these guns against enemy too.
You should receive reinforcements after you suffer certain level of casualties. When French tanks arrive, use Pz IV tanks and captured artillery against them.

You can also choose some artillery guns before the mission and use them for supporting the advance (pushing it forward for a short distances and firing at appearing targets or Ground Attack enemy gun positions).

Good luck!