PDA

View Full Version : Blurry graphics

.dcp
02-28-2009, 10:33 PM
hey there,

i noticed massive blur in the game. not just when moving, constantly.
i deactivated everything in th gfx options that could be remotely responsible but it didnt helped.

i like the game otherwise, but that extensive blur is nauseating.

any config tweaks to remove or reduce it? will the upcoming patch solve this?

tia
.dcp

Just
02-28-2009, 11:05 PM
hey there,

i noticed massive blur in the game. not just when moving, constantly.
i deactivated everything in th gfx options that could be remotely responsible but it didnt helped.

i like the game otherwise, but that extensive blur is nauseating.

any config tweaks to remove or reduce it? will the upcoming patch solve this?

tia
.dcp

Try do set "Rendering quality" to High and disable Antialiasing

med
03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
there is no option for it. guess they tried improoving the graphics with that effect, but instead it makes it look really bad.

Csimbi
03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I have the same prob.
When I take damage, sometimes the image becomes blurry - not exactly blurry, more like as if it was out of focus.
It is stressing the eyes pretty badly - my eyes try to adjust, but they can't. So, it starts hurting after a while.
But it seems that the "blurriness" resets (becomes sharp again) when you see a cut scene.
Perhaps, there is a bug in the game - and the effect is not reset automatically.

Karel
03-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Have you guys tried turning off Motion blur in Graphics Advanced settings?
This eliminates that uncovenient blurrines while moving quickly, etc.

Csimbi
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi Karel,
yes, it is off.
As I said, for me, it's not a motion blur. More like looking at a picture that was takes with an unfocused camera.
Can we take screenshots somehow? Perhaps it would be better to show it.

Karel
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
well, I would try setting lowest details possible and turning all features off.
Then I would try increasing details and turning on features one at a time..
This way you should find out what particular option is responsible for your problem.

Also, make sure you have latest driver installed for your graphics card.

Metroplex
03-23-2009, 07:58 AM
This game makes me dizzy after a few minutes of play, that is a big No, No from me, game developers should test for this before they release the game!:evil:

AytrusTekis
05-22-2009, 02:54 AM
I would really like to own this game, but I have no intentions of buying it until this issue is resolved. This is being encountered in the demo.

I also am having an issue with the graphics being blurry. It is just as described previously, it is like looking through an unfocused lens. It is not motion blur, motion blur is turned off.

I have set all graphics settings to low with everything off and the issue is still there. Also as previously stated, the screen goes sharp again at cutscenes.

It seems that the screen only blurs when hit in melee. I was able to play for at least 5-10 minutes without the blurry graphics, being only shot at. As soon as I was hit by an enemy in melee the screen went blurry. Seems to be the only connection I have so far. Possibly an effect of the game, blurry vision upon hit, that is not ending like it should.

It is very straining on my eyes, and causes headaches if i play the game more than ~20 minutes. It makes it very difficult to play the game during that short time as well.

I would really appreciate more info regarding this issue, and if there is a known fix for it yet or not.

Thanks!

Bloodbuster
05-22-2009, 10:39 PM
After playing NecroVisioN for several weeks I suddenly encountered this problem. Everything had been fine. Weirdly enough it coincided with installing GameCam.

I now run the game with admininstrator pirvileges and it works a treat.

Blackhand
05-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Loving the game but man this really gets to my eyes after a while.

It looks like the original "take damage" blur effect from Painkiller, but it just fails to dissapear and sits there for as long as 30 seconds, making it very difficult to see anything at medium to long range. Then, the effect just vanishes, it doesn't fade away, it looks like a reset to normal state.

I'll try running the game as administrator, but I'm on Vista and have UAC disabled, so I doubt this is the problem. I have FRAPS installed aswell, I'll try exiting it before playing and see if that helps.

Bloodbuster
05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
The blurring effect occurs in two situations.

When you have the Motion Effects turned on and you move the details will blur.

Even when this is turned off, you will experience a blurring effect when dealing sustained damage to enemies, especially when chaining combos together. The more combos you use, the longer the effect will last. It is supposed to represent your rage - the higher the rage, the longer the effect.

I've found it a little disorientating too. It's only after you've reached Fury Level 26, your vision clears, and you notice that ALL your enemies' torn body parts are scattered across half the level that you appreciate what the higher Fury Levels can do :grin:

Blackhand
05-27-2009, 08:55 AM
The blurring effect I think most of us are talking about isn't from motion blur/rage.

This is a severe blur, blinding at times. I'm almost positive that its triggered from taking melee damage (which is fine, Painkiller did the same thing), but it just seems to linger for like 30 seconds.

Depending on the situation, sometimes I end up just having to hide away till the effect wears off since its impossible to see where the heck I'm being shot from.

Bloodbuster
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
OK, that's different.

I experienced this after I installed GameCam. The graphics were blurred. I ran the game as Administrator and they disappeared. Problem was that my profile disappeared too - so if you do this, copy your profile to the appropriate location.

I'm running it on Vista with the dx10 switch.

Blackhand
05-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Problem solved by launching with +dx10 and putting the 9.2 ati driver dll in the necrovision bin folder.

It was either the 9.5 Catalyst drivers causing the problem, or DX9.