PDA

View Full Version : Tactics Skill

Lt_Brain_13
02-27-2009, 02:16 AM
I looked around and also did some searches on the forum to try to answer this question but could not find the info:

Is there a way to seperate stacks of units in the battle mode after you get the tactics skill?

(similar to what the AI is allowed to do in battle mode - having more than 5 stacks of creatures)

If there is, what are the controls to allow you to do this?

I played around and couldn't seem to find them if they exist.

Thanks

Ryastar
02-27-2009, 02:44 AM
Sorry, but they don't exist. The ONLY creature stack that can be split is Griffins, due to an ability they, and only they, have. Tactics skill doesn't do that, it only lets you rearrange where your troops start the battle.

Stepsongrapes
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I looked around and also did some searches on the forum to try to answer this question but could not find the info:

Is there a way to seperate stacks of units in the battle mode after you get the tactics skill?

(similar to what the AI is allowed to do in battle mode - having more than 5 stacks of creatures)

If there is, what are the controls to allow you to do this?

I played around and couldn't seem to find them if they exist.

Thanks

You have to split your stacks before the battle starts. There is no way to go over 5.

IIRC, the key to do that is "shift." It's a common thing to do with units having useful special abilities, like the marauders, for doubling the gold scavenged per battle, without need for spells. Your total quantity is still limited by your leadership (e.g., you can have two stacks of 10 marauders each, or 1 stack of 20).

Lt_Brain_13
02-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah I knew how to seperate stacks before the battle but I thought there just had to be a way to have more the 5 stacks of the units in battle mode because of the tournaments for example.

The enemy has like 15 different stacks of units. It might be nice to see that ability in an expansion or sequel.

Just make the tactics skill cost more runes but make it more powerful by being able to seperate units as well as adding tiles at the beginning of the battles - the number of extra tiles might be how much you can seperate units - and the level on the skill might also dictate how much you can thin out a specific type of unit - divide them once, twice, or three times (or double or triple that if you seperate them before battle as well).

Thanks for the responses though.