PDA

View Full Version : Looks good except for the VOICE ACTING!!!

Evilsausage
02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey so i have never played FoW before and i just heard about Men of war and thought it looked very well made.
Been playing some CoH but have started to desire a game with some more realism.
So i tried out the MoW demo, Really nice took some time to learn how to use everything, which i think could scare aways most noobs. Tho thats not always a bad thing.
Very well made and im really impressed of all the textures, enviorments etc...

However what is up with the voice acting? Its probably one of the worste voice actings of ALL TIME!
I mean seriously i could do a better job as voice actor then that, things like that can really reduce the otherwise high standards.

However besides that, some small bugs, lack of ambiant sound(in demo atleast) it seams great and im prolly gonna buy it.

dazzo19876
02-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah its pretty terrible :razz:

Colonel Kilgore
02-26-2009, 02:20 AM
I hate to say this but that is the one most noticeable thing of the demo....the voice acting was really incoherant and bad. Some american accents, some strange accents from who knows where and bad intonations.

I do not know if a patch can address sound issues with this...but what the heck ....maybe so.

in the demo some british accents got mixed in on the screen instruction maps and some strange accents in the general russian troops.

Colonel Kilgore

Good thread from the above member....

Colonel_Black
02-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I loved the Beta. I didn't see much if anything wrong with it.

I got to the demo and it looked cool. I heard the voice acting and i started shouting at my game telling them to shut up. The acting is p*ssing me off. I cannot stand it. It does not sound real. It sounds like a cheap rip off!

If the voice acting got into an advert, this game would not make many sales!
It needs changing immediately.

Everything else is good other than the voice acting. I have turned off the voice on the demo totally as i cannot stand it. That is how bad i believe it to me. It winds me up.

Evilsausage
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
"Alright captain a tank like that will take us all the way to berlin!"

Yup is beyond bad. I think even i could make a better voice acting and english isn't even my main language.

They have really focused alot on detailts, and story in the game. But dunno how come they forgot completly about the sounds.

tigershuffle
03-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi just a thought..................can the localised voices be reinstated?!?
We have subtitles for English anyway. Id much prefer to have Russian/German voices because you still have the subs and can read back messages and visit the mission orders at any time. Ive still got the Russian version of the demo and its far more immersive having Russian voices

Anything but the terrible English voice acting.
Its so bad its embarrassing.
It makes the dubbed voices on Korean war film Brotherhood seem almost up there with a Coen Bros film

Funny cos IL2, Faces of War, ShoWW2 have been far superior.

Mark J
03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
yeah the voice overs are a little bit Monty python in some places :rolleyes:

Weird because a lot of the ingame voices and accents are very good and authentic but then you get some anglo/american voice putting on an accent, shouting some orders over the top of it all at some of the 'save' moments and the voices are just laughable. :-P
Like others here i would rather it was in genuine russian/German with subtitles.

Keb
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Honestly, I think the voice acting is one of the best parts of the game. There are some pretty priceless lines and overall they never fail to give me a good laugh. Good comic relief during otherwise tedious battles. Some of Borg's stuff is classic.

For those that don't find them amusing, it'd be nice to have the original russian sounds available, but muting voices always works too.

spybaz
03-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah, voice acting really takes away from the game. Laughable. Why oh why did the devs not realize that the voice acting was totally crap? Surely this was fixable before release? IN all the reviews I have read, the first comment is always about the really really terrible voice acting. Its a shame the devs didn't realize how really important voice acting is. It totally cheapens the game when done badly.

Listen to WiC voice acting. That'll learn ya!

Otherwise - brilliant game (besides clunky controls - on my own post)!

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
03-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Guys, this is bad.

ROFL

Nike-it
03-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Maybe in future there will be some improvements in this issue, but in current situation it very hard to do anything. Wу know that the english voice acting is not the good part of the game, but anyway it doesn't harm the gameplay very much.
And we always welcome critics to make our future games better.

Ingsoc75
03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2, had better voice acting. Sure they said funny things, but the accents and acting were better. My favorite was "Hello from Stuttgart!" when a German would throw a grenade. :grin:

Anyways, it does seem like the translation to English could of been worked on better. What might be funny and make sense in Russian does not seem to come out the same in English.

One of my favorite series of games though! :)