PDA

View Full Version : +30% attack vrs +4 attack

Wakrob
02-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I have a weapon that is +30% attack vrs undead. Should I use that or a +4 weapon. Not sure if +% is damage or total attack value or base attack value or what.

Wak

maltz
02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Not sure how the game calculate that additional 30% from.

(1) Your raw attack stats. Chances are your raw attack is 10 or less. So 30% of that can't beat +4.

(2) Your final attack (raw + equipment). Depending on your wife you can have 10-20+ attack. So that may beat the +4 by a wide range.

(3) Your creature's raw attack. If your creature has an attack of 13 or less, use that +4 weapon.

(4) Your final attack + your creature's attack. This is the final attack value on your creatures. If you use a lot of low-level creatures this value may be 13 or less - in this case use the +4 weapon. Otherwise the +30% attack is almost certainly better.

The easiest way, though, is to test both of them out on the same undead enemy and read the numbers.

BB Shockwave
04-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Not sure how the game calculate that additional 30% from.

(1) Your raw attack stats. Chances are your raw attack is 10 or less. So 30% of that can't beat +4.

(2) Your final attack (raw + equipment). Depending on your wife you can have 10-20+ attack. So that may beat the +4 by a wide range.

(3) Your creature's raw attack. If your creature has an attack of 13 or less, use that +4 weapon.

(4) Your final attack + your creature's attack. This is the final attack value on your creatures. If you use a lot of low-level creatures this value may be 13 or less - in this case use the +4 weapon. Otherwise the +30% attack is almost certainly better.

The easiest way, though, is to test both of them out on the same undead enemy and read the numbers.

Oh, I had that problem as well. But basically, it is the current total attack of your creature (creature base attack+your attack+attack from other gear) that gets a +30%. In some Level 1-2 creatures, this is still less then the +4, but I'd recommend using it. I calculated a lot before facing that Necromancer Kid in the Marshan Swamps. (and anyway, most 1-2 creatures are not worth using, especially as there are a lot of spells/abilities that cannot be used again 3 or higher level units).

Nike-it
04-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I would surely advice to take +4 attack weapon, as it will be usefull in all battles, ainstead of fighting with undead. The first art use in the deathland where it can really helpful, or if you see that the mob have almost all undead units. Otherwise this art is absolutely useless.

BB Shockwave
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I would surely advice to take +4 attack weapon, as it will be usefull in all battles, ainstead of fighting with undead. The first art use in the deathland where it can really helpful, or if you see that the mob have almost all undead units. Otherwise this art is absolutely useless.

Agreed - sorry if I was not that clear. Of course, if said +30% would count for all types of units, not just undead... :)