PDA

View Full Version : the world-wide economy and SoW

Flyby
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Just a thought after listening to the gloom mongers: I hope Oleg's team has sufficient financial backing to complete their work on SoW_BoB. But on the other hand, maybe a need for cash might cause SoW to be released in TWO WEEKS! If so, it could always release patches plus updates similar to the "Forgotten Battles" title. I mean it's tight all over the world. Tech manufacturers of all (gaming system) ilk are laying off because of poor sales, and growing inventories. I even asked my neighbor's dog how it was going, and he said "RUFF!!" :D
Flyby out

Tree_UK
02-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I am certain it will be released, but i very much doubt it will be this year, with the lack of an official website, no marketing done whatsoever and very few updates it obvious that the 'planned' September release is some what of a pipe dream. My money is on March - May 2010.

Flyby
02-22-2009, 09:36 PM
ah, yer killin' me. but what you say makes sense (to my dismay).

SPUDLEY1977
02-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh it is amazing to see all the posts with speculative speculummations. I had to make a bank run for Oleg last week to transfer some rubles for utility bills, and even he commented on them.

If you would like to make some advance donations in stead of posting speculations I can accept said donations. I will see to it that the money goes to advance both an early release (earlier than 2011) and payments will ensure Oleg drops all his current scheming and will change his plans to incorporate all the things you all post about (although he has already discussed what he will do and what he will not do).

I have a direct transfers set up with him at a favorable exchange rate. Please post the amount you will donate along with your credit card number or bank account numbers. Be sure to state if the amount is in US Dollars (preferred) or whatever currency your account is based to ensure the correct amount is donated.

I thank you on belalf of Oleg. Oops there he is again the guys say they need more Vodka, when they party they do PARTY ! ( and every moment they party postpones the release!).

большое вам спасибо

Chivas
02-22-2009, 11:52 PM
According to the SOW developers monies are not a problem at this point, and I think he probably has enough to last until 2010. Its also way to early for an advertising campaign even if SOW makes it for this Christmas. I know I will be disappointed if the next update is another detailed ground object on a bland background. Hopefully the next update will be on the new SOW website. Then we will have a better idea from the websites content on possible release dates. A few people don't expect to see SOW this year, and with the complexity of this develpment, there is good reason to think that, but I still have hopes for the end of this year.

I'm not worried about the economy as the software is cheap for the amount of hours of entertainment it provides. It could be a problem if you have to do an expensive upgrade to make it run. I'm sure the developers have factored in that equation by making SOW scalable to run on todays average computer.

IceFire
02-23-2009, 02:47 AM
We've been in a flight sim recession since the ...middle 1990s. This current round of world recession is just business as usual ...

Or at least thats what I'm telling myself.

JG52Uther
02-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Rise Of Flight will be here soon,so I think I will care less and less about SoW.Eventually SoW will turn up hopefully,and I might even buy it,but its been so long coming I am not really so bothered any more.

kristorf
02-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Is it not the problem that SoW has been touted about for so long, with very little info coming out (just an odd picture every now and then) that interest is waining?.

With the (hopefully) imminent release of RoF and all the modded stuff coming out for 1946 will the community move away from this due to the afor stated lack of info?

I hope I am wrong, but some nuggets (big ones at that) need to be found to re-ignite the enthusiasm that was out here for SoW.

Tree_UK
02-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Is it not the problem that SoW has been touted about for so long, with very little info coming out (just an odd picture every now and then) that interest is waining?.

With the (hopefully) imminent release of RoF and all the modded stuff coming out for 1946 will the community move away from this due to the afor stated lack of info?

I hope I am wrong, but some nuggets (big ones at that) need to be found to re-ignite the enthusiasm that was out here for SoW.

I agree Kristof, its seems a long long time ago now that SOW was first being talked about, still if we got to see something really positive like a dedicated website then i am sure that excitement levels would begin to rise again.

T}{OR
02-23-2009, 11:56 AM
From my experiences with games that advertise much - they allways end up being a total piece of crap and let down their players (best example Amed Assault).

In my book this lack of updates with SoW means only one thing - they are actualy working their buts off on this game.

Flyby
02-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh it is amazing to see all the posts with speculative speculummations. I had to make a bank run for Oleg last week to transfer some rubles for utility bills, and even he commented on them.

If you would like to make some advance donations in stead of posting speculations I can accept said donations. I will see to it that the money goes to advance both an early release (earlier than 2011) and payments will ensure Oleg drops all his current scheming and will change his plans to incorporate all the things you all post about (although he has already discussed what he will do and what he will not do).

I have a direct transfers set up with him at a favorable exchange rate. Please post the amount you will donate along with your credit card number or bank account numbers. Be sure to state if the amount is in US Dollars (preferred) or whatever currency your account is based to ensure the correct amount is donated.

I thank you on belalf of Oleg. Oops there he is again the guys say they need more Vodka, when they party they do PARTY ! ( and every moment they party postpones the release!).

большое вам спасибо
quite the arcane editorial, my friend. Clever of you to toss in the odd spellings of sPECULATE and sPECULUM. I looked up the capitalized meanings. I am neither the former (not to be trusted), nor the latter (though I am a fan of Oleg's work for a long time now). Though I hope you did not imply those meanings to me, no offense is taken. I suppose you just tired of reading the various posts that wonder at SoW's status. Eh?
As for the other posts, all good perspectives there. Point in fact; I'd hate for the world economy to effect the efforts on SoW. So I voiced that. I want it to be released and for Oleg's team to prosper from it. In these times it's a bit difficult economic to maintain optimism, and ward off worry (about any aspect of life)
Flyby out

SPUDLEY1977
02-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Fly… not directed at anyone. I suppose news is not inbound and many are losing interest, I for one am amongst this horde. I suppose I was simply airing my own disappointment, which had no real purpose (selfish of me). These posts including mine do not stimulate much in the way of interesting discussions.

In contrast this bla bla of mine above… Jafa’s post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6287 is an example of the excitement and fun that this 1C IL-2/SOW conduit/threadcount at one time offered promises of.

As for your Arcade reference I do not know what that means, perhaps due to my age of 12 years. Anyhow Mom is ringing the dinnerbell, fried chicken,,,my homeworks done and maybe we should arrange an online “waining interest pilots club” and fly for some fun one of these weekends.

Peace

That Rise of Flight WWI game , also under development, does not appear to be a step up from this IL-2 series which has lasted unchallenged for a suprising number of years. Even RIP Van Twinkles is anxiously awaiting for SOW, at least he was two years ago when he went back to counting sheeps.

Flyby
02-26-2009, 12:05 AM
"arcane" as in "known to only a few", like being secretive. In my usage I'm basically saying only you know what you really meant, and others (me) are/were left guessing. More than likely I misinterpreted your post, and thought I detected a bit of sarcasm in it. Water over the dam. ;)
Flyby out

LEXX
02-26-2009, 12:53 AM
arcane shooter game

:o:cool::o

Flyby
02-26-2009, 11:22 AM
arcane shooter game

:o:cool::o

now that's funny! a game that people can play, but not know they're playing it! :lol: