PDA

View Full Version : Is an internet connection required?

Linux-user
02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
I've been looking forward to Cryostasis and NecroVision for a long time. Now these games are finally released in my country. Before buying those games, I've got one question: Do these games require an internet connection?

I hate it when games require an internet connection and that's why I've never played BioShock, any recent games from EA or any games from valve. In my opinion it's just ridiculous to require an internet connection to be able to play a game. There are still a lot of people who don't have an internet connection, so all those people will never be able to play those games. I don't support this kind of copy protection, so I boycot every game that requires an internet connection.

1C is a Russian company and I think in Russia the percentage of people without an internet connection is a lot higher than in Western Europe. As far as I know 1C releases the Russian games without the requirement of an internet connection and I hope you use the same strategy for non-Russian releases.

Do the West European version of Cryostasis and / or NecroVision require an internet connection? If not, than I'm going to buy these games this week.

Jon
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
No :grin:

Linux-user
02-23-2009, 09:52 PM
No :grin:

No internet connection required for both games? That's great. Then I'm going to buy both games within a few days. :)

Divebomb
02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Actually I think they might require a internet connection for the serial key validation. Both games use securom validation stuff it looks like.

edit: I should clarify, I've only got the gamersgate download versions.

Linux-user
02-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Actually I think they might require a internet connection for the serial key validation. Both games use securom validation stuff it looks like.

edit: I should clarify, I've only got the gamersgate download versions.

Can somebody confirm this?

I want to buy the retail versions of Cryostasis and NecroVision, the ones which are available in The Netherlands. Do these games ever require an internet connection? The question isn't how many times or how long, the question is if the games require an internet connection to be able to play them.

Can I just go to the store, buy those games, pop in the disc, install and play the game without EVER needing an internet connection? If so, then I'm going to buy the games.

I won't buy them if they require an internet connection, even if it's only for checking the key, even if it's only one time, even if it need the internet for only one second. So, the question is: Can I play those games if my computer is not connected to the internet?

Nike-it
03-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Can somebody confirm this?

I want to buy the retail versions of Cryostasis and NecroVision, the ones which are available in The Netherlands. Do these games ever require an internet connection? The question isn't how many times or how long, the question is if the games require an internet connection to be able to play them.

Can I just go to the store, buy those games, pop in the disc, install and play the game without EVER needing an internet connection? If so, then I'm going to buy the games.

I won't buy them if they require an internet connection, even if it's only for checking the key, even if it's only one time, even if it need the internet for only one second. So, the question is: Can I play those games if my computer is not connected to the internet?

You don't need internet to play these games.

Linux-user
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
You don't need internet to play these games.

Thank you. I waited with buying the game, because of the repley of Divebomb. Now I know for sure an internet connection isn't required, I'm going to buy both games.