PDA

View Full Version : MOD - Adds corpse explosions and blood to MoW.

CTS
02-21-2009, 08:11 PM
NEW UPDATE 27.10.2009

NEW VIDEO FEATURING EXPLOSIONS WITH LATEST VERSION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ouv6fKbA_g

NEW DOWNLOAD:
http://www.box.net/shared/esvdpef4t3

Note: If you have an older version of this mod installed - delete it before using the new version.

================================================== ====================

- There is a chance ( f.ex.15% for FG, and up to 40% for any ATG/HE Shell ) that any type of explosion will cause a soldier to be instantly killed and decapitated.
- Corpses has a smaller chance to explode ( to preserve items )
- Better/refined explosions, with more varied effects ( you are welcome to give feedback on that one, imo looks better now... )
- Shots that do havy damage may knock a soldier down for a short time.

-Some minor visual changes made.
- Corpses will not drop ammo on explosion.

Description:

This mod adds body mutilations, modifies blood so it appears in a more
minimalistic and "natural" way and chages few other visuals in a
minor way.

I have used limb models from Real War mod for FoW made by Purplefr.
Hope he will not get angry, as I didnt ask his permision.

Should be working with most other mods with no problem.

Installing the mod:

1. Unzip the contents of the archive in your Men of War directory.
2. In game, open the "options" menu and activate mod in the "mods" tab.

If you have an older version of this mod installed - delete it before using the new version.

In-game screenshots:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/treacher_C/web3.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/treacher_C/web4.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/treacher_C/web2-1.jpg

NEW DOWNLOAD:
http://www.box.net/shared/esvdpef4t3

Note: If you have an older version of this mod installed - delete it before using the new version.

Colonel Kilgore
02-24-2009, 06:17 AM
I was wondering if there was a mod to add the explosions and what did you say.."natural blood.." interesting. Looking forward to testing it, anything like soldiers"heroes of world war 2" ???

Colonel Kilgore

CTS
02-24-2009, 09:09 AM
It actually uses the models from Heroes of WW2, so they are kind of low-res, but its a good thing imo as it would probably take fps down otherwise.
So you can say that its a port from HoWW2 ( as I wrote in the readme - its not me who exported the limb models, i took it from Real War mod for Fow ).

Have a look at these images to get the idea of how the blood looks like:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/treacher_C/web2-1.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/treacher_C/web3.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/treacher_C/web4.jpg

I have updated the mod a little, so it changes some other visuals as well, nothing big ( less ground bullet hit debree, muzzel flash for small arms, cursor is smaller now - the little orange/blue/red aiming point was way too big imo )

Sorry for my english.
Cheers.

Jak170
04-09-2009, 05:26 AM
I have a small problem, the lil body bits will almost always "decompose" and send equipment flying all over the battlefield. Its quite annoying especially when you have lots of baddies dead.

ComRade707@russia
04-17-2009, 04:28 AM
:):grin:dude this mod is so beast only if the blood on the ground look better and the limbs were like arm leg head ect. but its so awsome keep it up:-)

Meep129
05-09-2009, 07:20 AM
This mod is pretty sick, how do you mod, do you need a special program?

Lancer
05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I love this mod. Cannot stand games that tone down this aspect of gaming warfare. Thank you very much for this mod and keep up the good work.

CTS
05-25-2009, 12:42 AM
New version released. Some minor tweaks made.

Evilsausage
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Hmm can't get your mod working. I just winziped the content to men of war folder like you said. But can't see it on the mod list.

Anything im doing wrong?

CTS
05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh! Sorry. my mistake!

If it is your first mod you will need to create a new folder called "mods" in your MoW main folder. Like this: \Men of War\mods

Then put the contents of the zip file in this new "mod" folder:

\Men of War\mods\gmod

I will reupload the .zip file in a few minutes, with a correct folder structure.

*The file is now reuploaded with the correct folder structure and some minor tweaks i made yesterday.

nilloc93
05-29-2009, 06:17 PM
i am sorry this looks like you just created a mindless gore fest
i mean like MG bullets from a plane making a guy explode?

Lancer
05-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Nice work CTS. Just been using it and it seems the biz. Thanks for your work and input on this mod. Keep up the good work !

CTS
05-30-2009, 09:56 AM
i am sorry this looks like you just created a mindless gore fest
i mean like MG bullets from a plane making a guy explode?

MGs on that german plane are small cannons ( not sure if they are in real life, but they are in game code ). I could fix that, easy, excluding the plane from the "explosion" triggers, but it looks awesome imo, any you only meet planes a very few times in game... All-in-all only 1 out of 10-20 enemies die by expolding during the SP games, so it does not look like "gore fest" most of the times.

Anyways, I have tuned down the amount of body parts in the last uploaded version, so should not look that messy. It is a bit over the top on the video, just give it a try, it will look good in-game he-he...

Nice work CTS. Just been using it and it seems the biz. Thanks for your work and input on this mod. Keep up the good work !

Thank you for positive feedback! I have figured out how to put 3ds max models in game, so i will make a big update. It takes long time to model though ( and i only have few hours every evening ), so it will not be out before few weeks.

battlesign
06-01-2009, 03:22 AM
MGs on that german plane are small cannons ( not sure if they are in real life, but they are in game code ).

Most German fighters had mg's as well as 20-30mm or even 37mm canons which were 'mine' or exploding shells which would DEFINITELY be blowing dudes into chunks. .50mm mg's infantry use will blow limbs off, thats point 5. also the rate of fire, caliber, and velocity of the guns was greater than small arms Mg's. i dont think it is over the top at all. war is hell and bloody. besides, ever read stories or listen to old ww2 vets talk about how aircraft scared the s*** out of them?

like the mod btw

Lancer
06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Most German fighters had mg's as well as 20-30mm or even 37mm canons which were 'mine' or exploding shells which would DEFINITELY be blowing dudes into chunks. .50mm mg's infantry use will blow limbs off, thats point 5. also the rate of fire, caliber, and velocity of the guns was greater than small arms Mg's. i dont think it is over the top at all. war is hell and bloody. besides, ever read stories or listen to old ww2 vets talk about how aircraft scared the s*** out of them?

like the mod btw

Well said ! I despair of so called war sims that tone this aspect of war gaming down. Nor do I think it morbid or "sick" as some of the politically correct brigade would have it. We are only looking at pixels after all. I'd wager good money that if some of us "hard core" gamers witnessed first hand the aftermath of such a battle as the Falaise pocket or the destruction of the German 6th army etc we would probably not want to look at a war sim again ! Rejoice that we are just mere war 'gamers' !

CTS
10-27-2009, 10:24 AM
----------------------------------------------------
Original post is updated with a new download link.
----------------------------------------------------

- There is a chance ( f.ex.15% for FG, and up to 40% for any ATG/HE Shell ) that any type of explosion will cause a soldier to be instantly killed and decapitated.
- Corpses has a smaller chance to explode ( to preserve items )
- Better/refined explosions, with more varied effects ( you are welcome to give feedback on that one, imo looks better now... )
- Shots that do havy damage may knock a soldier down for a short time.

Cmdr.Miskyavine
10-28-2009, 04:37 AM
dude thats awsome i hope it will be a bit more torso then in the movie not have just limbs but anyway thats still cool without torso reminds me of my favorite ww2 game Wolfenstien muitiplayer wen yo tossed a grenade on floor (the old one not new one) forgot the hole name Return to castle wolfenstien was the name awsome game one of the best

CTS
10-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks!

The video is from an older version of the mod, i will make a new video soon. So you can expect better results with the current version. Have fun!

CTS
11-02-2009, 02:27 AM
NEW VIDEO FEATURING EXPLOSIONS WITH LATEST VERSION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ouv6fKbA_g

Lancer
11-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Many thanks CTS for this great mod and your tweaking with it. If only Empire Total War had such modders as yourself ! I despair of grapeshot, cannister and cannon balls leaving the ranks in one piece and that particular game, as good as it is in other departments, is spoilt for me because of this particular lack of realism. Ho Hum I have returned to my beloved MoW and great mods like yours.:razz:

Jakkar
11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Excellent work, CTS - thankyou. I know the content isn't entirely yours, but the way you've stuck with it and continued to tweak and perfect it earns my admiration =)

A little critique; would you be able to include a system whereby people can pick and choose effects? I've considered that I might prefer the game vanilla without the new 'gunfire causes soldiers to fall over' aspect, for example. I'm happy with the system as it is, having decided that it's pretty realistic *grins* I guess I'm just oversensitive about the difficulty of the game already - I simply cannot beat the Trainyard Evacuation, and refuse to turn down the difficulty to easy.

If you're unable to provide any kind of menu or toggles, what of a text file with instructions on how to modify the effects personally?

I only wish the scarring system for vehicles and the enviroment applied to soldiers - there's something remarkably effective on a psychological level about seeing a hole in a victim. The hitman games portrayed this well. When a corpse is mutilated, it forces you to come to terms with what you're doing and forces a whole new level of emotional involvement.

Those who protest about game violence disturb me - I'd rather both adults and kids were seeing the full extent of the consequences of shooting someone, so they're less likely to try it out in real life.

CTS
11-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Lancer and Jakkar - thank you both for the positive feedback! Keeps me motivated!

---------------------------
Regarding knock down:

Download and replace human.inc in --> bmmod\resource\set\interaction_entity

http://www.box.net/shared/hyjhz24b5e

This will remove bullet knock downs.

Though it imo does not change the gameplay, just makes it more random. I have played SP/MP games for some hours now, and it didnt seem to change difficulty... I changed it to make battles a bit more unpredictible. But its a matter of taste of cause... ( btw - light shots (pistol, smg and such) have only 5% chance to knock down, and MGs/Sniper - 20% )
---------------------------

Regarding "scarring system":

I will look into that when i come back from work. Sounds good. Have to check how does scarring accure on tanks.
Problem is - it might get more complicated to remove scarring ( what if the soldier heals himself? ) This might cause a number of soldiers to be covered in blood even though they have a full health. On the other hand tanks get "clean" when they are repaired... Hmm.
I like the idea!

Jakkar
11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Ah, thankyou kindly =D

I'll download the file just in case, but I'm becoming inclined to keep the knockdown activated. Nonetheless, it's good to include modability and variety in your releases, so perhaps a small note in the readme of future updates to this mod - explaining how to remove the knockdown effect - would be an improvement overall.

Regarding scarring: Would that be such a bad thing, if injured soldiers still had bloodsoaked clothes afterward? =)

Call of Juarez, the Western first person shooter by Techland is a good example of good blood effects; rather than the cheesy and unrealistic 'bloody holes' most games depict, you merely see an expanding red stain on the clothing of the victim (when applicable) - as though blood is rapidly soaking the cloth from a hidden location behind. Similarly, merely red 'blobs' appearing on the victim would be more than sufficient.

Also, is there any chance of you getting new and more varied 'pieces' models for the mod, or removing the rapid onset of transparency on your corpses?

Good luck, and thanks again =)

zakkandrachoff
12-09-2009, 01:49 AM
can someone explain how install this mod?

this is the Zip
C:\Users\ZAK\Downloads\MEN OF WAR MODS\bmmod.zip\bmmod
have a folder resource
and a mod.info

and where I put this???
C:\Program Files (x86)\505games\1C\Men of War\mods
:confused:

zakkandrachoff
12-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Amazing effect!

i lear by miself the direction
C:\Program Files (x86)\505games\1C\Men of War\mods\bmmod