PDA

View Full Version : Tech Problem

JDouglasfisher
02-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Ok folks,

Downloaded the trial from the main site, and when I installed it, it seemed to install ok, but once I went to click on the icon for the game, Vista told me that it cannot start the game, something in reference to d3dx9_37.dll not found, and that I should try reinstalling the game, which would fix the problem.

I uninstalled and tried reinstalling again, all went well, but it still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I remedy this?

thanks in advance,

J.

Badger
02-21-2009, 09:40 AM
simply reinstall direct x 9c and the game will run

JDouglasfisher
02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
is that going to screw up the Vista OS on my machine, as I understand it runs on Direct X 10.

Thank you for tolerating my questions.,

J

DMS|Instinct
02-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Vista works with both, it just doesn't have DX9 in the standard version.

JDouglasfisher
02-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Ok, downloaded DirectX9 from microsofts website and the demo works perfectly. Looking forward to the full games release.

Thank you for helping me out with this, I really appreciate it.

J.

WinOrLose
08-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Are they likely to be updating the game to run in DX10? I dont like the idea of "dumbing down" my specs to play a game?

Morgoth
08-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Are they likely to be updating the game to run in DX10? I dont like the idea of "dumbing down" my specs to play a game?

They provide for games on the basis or how many people have it & how many are likely to buy there game that have vista & are using Directx 10,obviously for this version they dont see a big enough market there,so i would imagine the answer to your question is no.:grin: