PDA

View Full Version : Birds of Prey can now be preordered !

Desode
02-19-2009, 02:52 AM
You can now go to your local EBgames or Gamestop and preorder the game. You can also preorder it on their websites.

I went over to my local EB and paid it off already. It shows the shipping date as 8/11/09. Now thats just what their (EB) showing for the release date and I'm sure that it isn't written in stone or we would have heard about a date on here. I still think its a good idea to go ahead and preorder it because it will show support for the game. Six of my friends have also preordered it. Spread the word that you can now preorder the game and show your support for the First True flight sim to hit consoles.
DESODE

44Runner
02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I didn't know this was big news. I pre-ordered my copy almost 2 weeks ago, as did some of my friends. I went out and did it the first day I heard about the game. I have been waiting for a game like this for 360 since I got the dang thing.

Desode
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I didn't know this was big news. I pre-ordered my copy almost 2 weeks ago, as did some of my friends. I went out and did it the first day I heard about the game. I have been waiting for a game like this for 360 since I got the dang thing.

Wow I really wish you would have posted that it was available back when you preordered it. Most games can't be preordered untill a release date is set.

I don't know how 1C company works, but I used to work in marketing for THQ and the amount of preorders effects how much money they spend on their marketing(website,Ads,Comercials) . It also plays a part in whether or not they create and release a demo. It even effects what kind of coverage the game recieves from magazines and game sites. There are a lot of people out there that don't know about the game and didn't know that you can now preorder it, so It is Big news if you didn't know about it. The best way to support this game right now is to spread this news and get people to preorder the game. I have posted this preorder news on 76 different places and 90% of the people didn't know it was available for preorder yet.
DESODE
"Retirement is the Greatest Joy"

Thunderbolt56
02-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Not in this lifetime. Especially not this soon. That's silliness IMO.

When it gets about a month before release, then it can become beneficial to preorder a console game. But pre-ordering games is a worse investment than buying a new car (which has been at the top of the "worst investments" list for over 20 years).

Thanks for the info, but I'll wait.

44Runner
02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
If I knew that you guys didn't know I promise I would have posted. Like I said I had been wanting a WW2 flight sim since I got the console. Cool planes, no missiles, all skill. I was just messing around on the internet and was on the Gamestop website and went to see if there was anything new coming out. Went and clicked on Xbox 360>Simulation>Aviation and IL 2 pops up!

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=133+187

It had a release date and you could pre-order online. This is why I figured it was common knowledge. Now at this point I had never heard of this game so I looked up trailers and and found this website and started talking to my buddy about it. Seeing as most of you had already heard of this game and seem to know more than I did I figured *I* was the late guy. Needless to say after doing some digging into the title I was sold. That same day I ordered the Saitek Aviator Joystick and went down to my local Gamestop and put in my pre-order for BoP. My buddy did the same. That was Tuesday of last week, 2/10/09.

With the pre-order info you posted I will do my best to make sure all my gaming friends that are interested in IL2 (pretty much all of them) pre-order it ASAP. I guess I dropped the ball on this. Who knows I might have been the first pre-order having just heard of the game that day, LOL. I'm a idiot, I know....:(

44Runner
02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Not in this lifetime. Especially not this soon. That's silliness IMO.

When it gets about a month before release, then it can become beneficial to preorder a console game. But pre-ordering games is a worse investment than buying a new car (which has been at the top of the "worst investments" list for over 20 years).

Thanks for the info, but I'll wait.

I'm not sure why you think this? There is nothing wrong with putting in a pre-order right now. At Gamestop you only have to throw down 5 bucks that if you decide not to get the game in the end you can put it toward something else.

Anton Yudintsev
02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks to all!
Really, that could help a lot - the more pre-orders title has, the more publisher is interested in things like marketing, demos, DLCs, etc.

Buggins
02-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks to all!
Really, that could help a lot - the more pre-orders title has, the more publisher is interested in things like marketing, demos, DLCs, etc.

I wish I could pre-order but here in New Zealand no retailer, even EB, has ever heard of it. I'm starting to wonder if NZ/Australia are going to miss out on this, especially since 505 Games' NZ distributor, Redant, went bust. Anton, any info on a PAL release for Australia /New Zealand?:confused:

xNikex
02-20-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm gonna preorder mine now for the Xbox360!:grin:

Like Anton said, I sure hope this makes the publishers make a demo for the xbox360! woot!:cool:

Anton, EBgames says August 11th is release.:rolleyes:

Can we expect a sooner release date than August?

Tomo
02-20-2009, 02:32 AM
I wish I could pre-order but here in New Zealand no retailer, even EB, has ever heard of it. I'm starting to wonder if NZ/Australia are going to miss out on this, especially since 505 Games' NZ distributor, Redant, went bust. Anton, any info on a PAL release for Australia /New Zealand?:confused:

Hey mate,

We can always order from UK if it is not released here.

Or alternatively my Aussie online gamestore will be open by then, so i will be able to put one aside for you. :grin:

Buggins
02-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Hey mate,

We can always order from UK if it is not released here.

Or alternatively my Aussie online gamestore will be open by then, so i will be able to put one aside for you. :grin:

Sounds good, but most major online stores don't ship software outside of Europe.. Anyway, I'm probably worried for no reason;)