PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL NecroVisioN single player demo AVAILABLE

Nike-it
02-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Sample both the frying pan and the fire in the new official demo for NecroVisioN. This old school FPS is set during the First World War and takes players into bowels of Hell itself.
Visit www.necrovision-game.com (http://www.necrovision-game.com) for a list of mirrors to download the NecroVisioN demo now!

In the beginning of the demo you will have to battle your way through the German lines, dispatching the Kaiser’s soldiers as they fight from their trenches. Players will be able to use traditional Allied weapons, such as the Colt 1911 and the Lee Enfield or select from the German Luger and Gewehr rifles once they have been taken from the battlefield. There are also sharp bayonets, heavy machine-guns, trench guns and if truly desperate, a shovel to batter the enemy’s spiked helmets flat.

Ywap
02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Sweet, downloading as we speak :)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Sample both the frying pan and the fire in the new official demo for NecroVisioN. This old school FPS is set during the First World War and takes players into bowels of Hell itself.
Visit www.necrovision-game.com (http://www.necrovision-game.com) for a list of mirrors to download the NecroVisioN demo now!

In the beginning of the demo you will have to battle your way through the German lines, dispatching the Kaiser’s soldiers as they fight from their trenches. Players will be able to use traditional Allied weapons, such as the Colt 1911 and the Lee Enfield or select from the German Luger and Gewehr rifles once they have been taken from the battlefield. There are also sharp bayonets, heavy machine-guns, trench guns and if truly desperate, a shovel to batter the enemy’s spiked helmets flat.

Unfronutely i can not play the demo! My pc working ok until a few days ago.. The problem is that it shutdowns when i am playing a game in less than 20 minutes. I check the gpu temperatures and they are too high(96 c when i am playing games and and 65 c when i am just writing a text on microsoft office or when i am surfing net... I didnt have problem like these for a year ( i bought the 8800 gt in january 2008 and it has served me well until now):( i try to play the demo but it is impossible because the pc shutdown after a few minutes... What happend? Why the gpu is getting so hot now?? Please help i want to play the demo and i cant because the stupid computer is overheating. I also checked the cpu temperature it dosent get any higher than 60 c.. Will a aftermaker cooler solve the prolbem? But it worked ok for a year without aftermarket cooler so why it is so hot now??

Divebomb
02-10-2009, 11:36 AM
need mirrors. this server is incredibly slow.

Unfronutely i can not play the demo! My pc working ok until a few days ago.. The problem is that it shutdowns when i am playing a game in less than 20 minutes. I check the gpu temperatures and they are too high(96 c when i am playing games and and 65 c when i am just writing a text on microsoft office or when i am surfing net... I didnt have problem like these for a year ( i bought the 8800 gt in january 2008 and it has served me well until now):( i try to play the demo but it is impossible because the pc shutdown after a few minutes... What happend? Why the gpu is getting so hot now?? Please help i want to play the demo and i cant because the stupid computer is overheating. I also checked the cpu temperature it dosent get any higher than 60 c.. Will a aftermaker cooler solve the prolbem? But it worked ok for a year without aftermarket cooler so why it is so hot now??

get your videocard fixed or replaced from the place you bought it.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I will buy a new fan first. And if it dosent help, then i will buy a new card. The 8800 series are not in production any more. You can buy only a 9800 series or GTX series card now.i will buy maybe the GTX 260... it is a good card for gaming isnt it? But what Psu does a better card need?

Nike-it
02-10-2009, 11:55 AM
You can try this mirror, but the speed is also quite low: http://public.ag.ru/vd/504cfda648c6f516240b3e95ace11c35/demos/15517/NecroVisioN_ENG_Demo.rar

Nike-it
02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I will buy a new fan first. And if it dosent help, then i will buy a new card. The 8800 series are not in production any more. You can buy only a 9800 series or GTX series card now.i will buy maybe the GTX 260... it is a good card for gaming isnt it? But what Psu does a better card need?

Baxter, this thread is for NecroVisioN, don't go offtop. If you want do discuss technical issues, create a new thread in "Other Topics"

Divebomb
02-10-2009, 02:10 PM
some more mirrors are appearing now

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=74699
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/necrovision/demo/29536.html

contra
02-10-2009, 04:24 PM
http://files.filefront.com/Necrovision+English+Demo/;13257506;/fileinfo.html

Ywap
02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Yepp, it kicks even more butts with english text and speech :)

I´m on my 5:th playthrough on hard and i found 2 more secrets this time. This game can´t be relased soon enough, i love it to death!

Just one little complaint: I would like to have the option to use all the mouse buttons.

Terje22
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM
http://www.gamershell.com/download_39132.shtml More mirrors

masseronico
02-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I am happy to say that this beautiful game now works good also on my old laptop (1.65GHZ core 2 duo, GeForce Go 7300). The French demo not working well, great stuttering at minimum settings, this version instead work well with medium-low settings, as evidenced by the two screenshots that you send. Thank you.
:grin:

BAXTER STOCKMAN
02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I am happy to say that this beautiful game now works good also on my old laptop (1.65GHZ core 2 duo, GeForce Go 7300). The French demo not working well, great stuttering at minimum settings, this version instead work well with medium-low settings, as evidenced by the two screenshots that you send. Thank you.
:grin:

The frensh demo worked perfect for me on high settings and it was a bit slow on very high settings.. But the english one works even better!!!! Again i would like to say CONGRATULATIONS TO 1C FOR THE GREAT GAME!! we want to see more great pc only game like this from 1c!! Congratulations and good work!!!:):):):grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:: grin::grin:

contra
02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
lol. I'm always checking the gamersgate website for the instant it becomes availble for pre order. :)

hunter331
02-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey there. First post here. I just downloaded the demo. I really enjoyed it. Frankly, it has more depth than I thought it would. The ability to dual wield any combination of one-handed weapons is awesome. I know the game isn't finished yet, but I'd just like to point out a few things.

Movement can be a tad jerky, especially moving up stairs.
Performance and framerate suffers when the enemy count increases, or there is a large explosion. Course I only played it on my laptop, but my system is half decent. 2.2ghz AMD processor, 2 gigs of ram and a 570M FX Quadro video card.

Overall, the game looks as though its going to be great. It just needs a tad more spit and polish. And that's what usually happens during the last couple weeks, isn't it? :grin:

BAXTER STOCKMAN
02-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Hey there. First post here. I just downloaded the demo. I really enjoyed it. Frankly, it has more depth than I thought it would. The ability to dual wield any combination of one-handed weapons is awesome. I know the game isn't finished yet, but I'd just like to point out a few things.

Movement can be a tad jerky, especially moving up stairs.
Performance and framerate suffers when the enemy count increases, or there is a large explosion. Course I only played it on my laptop, but my system is half decent. 2.2ghz AMD processor, 2 gigs of ram and a 570M FX Quadro video card.

Overall, the game looks as though its going to be great. It just needs a tad more spit and polish. And that's what usually happens during the last couple weeks, isn't it? :grin:

Your system is very week i have Amd Atlhon X2 4400 2,2 GHZ 8800 GT 512 and i can play it on high settings perfectly!!

bluder
02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Cool I'd just found out by accident i was just google'ing necrovision out off boredom, you should really update gamespot.com so ppl know the demo is out.
gamespot.com is like imdb.com, but for games.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Cool I'd just found out by accident i was just google'ing necrovision out off boredom, you should really update gamespot.com so ppl know the demo is out.

Yeah gamespot sucks!! Dont trust it!!:evil:

hunter331
02-11-2009, 06:39 PM
From the description of the "official demo," it sounds like we are supposed to start off fighting humans. But the demo I have starts off with the player heading into a courtyard and killing zombies.

Edit: Did I get the wrong one or something?

As far as performance is concerned. Yeah, my laptop isn't the greatest. But my friend's computer is better than mine, and he doesn't have the settings turned up all the way, and he's still seeing some performance issues. The movement in general feels a tad clunky. I really enjoyed the demo and I think the game will be amazing. As I said, I just think the game could use a little polish. Little things like the subtitles not matching up with the dialogue. Long load times (they're using the Painkiller engine if I remember correctly, and that game always had horrendous load times). The character sometimes has trouble getting up stairs. When is the game going gold?

Ywap
02-12-2009, 07:29 AM
I found the solution to the mouse button problem: X-mouse button control

The program let you emulate keyboard pressings with your mouse buttons. I have a Logitech mx500 and there is no software support for Vista, but now it´s not needed anymore :)

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Nike-it
02-12-2009, 08:26 AM

The demo is presented at gamespot, so nothing to worry;)

fraggem
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Couldn't find a contact email on here, hope this is an appropriate place to post. FanGaming.com (http://fangaming.com/gameinfo.php?gameid=487) also has mirrored the demo. The links are as follows:

NecroVisioN English Demo (http://www.fangaming.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=5299)

Ywap
02-13-2009, 07:27 AM
I´ve found 5/5 letters, 9/10 secrets and 2/3 vampire artifacts. So, if my calculations are right the third artifact should be in that last secret place ;)

Have anyone found the secret place with the last artifact?

BAXTER STOCKMAN
02-13-2009, 07:55 AM
I´ve found 5/5 letters, 9/10 secrets and 2/3 vampire artifacts. So, if my calculations are right the third artifact should be in that last secret place ;)

I finished the demo< i dont remember how much artifacts i found, but i am sure that i killed all the enemies and i mean all of them! Now i am busy with dark sector(pc version) until the release of necrovision!!

contra
02-13-2009, 09:11 AM

I found all three vampire artifacts.

I've also been playing around with the combo system an juggles. :)

Ywap
02-13-2009, 09:41 AM
I found all three vampire artifacts.

I've also been playing around with the combo system an juggles. :)

Hmm, gotta take another round searching for that secret place then :)

Ywap
02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Finally found it!

Damn it, i just can´t let go of this game. I´m tempted to say it´s the best game i´ve ever played, but it´s just a demo so that wouldn´t work. But if the full game is as fun as this demo level, then i will be in gaming heaven played in hell :)

skirlingpipes
02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Okay, got the (unofficial) demo, in the fortress, got to the watery room with the floating ghost boss and the burning zombies....I mean, what? How in hells name are you supposed to get thru this bit? Dont get me wrong, love the atmosphere and detail and sheer knockabout fun of it but I do like to see what happens next, rather than having to reload about 20 times.

Sigh, yeah, I know - whadda wimp! Hey, there has to be a way. Any tips?

Janys
02-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Okay, got the (unofficial) demo, in the fortress, got to the watery room with the floating ghost boss and the burning zombies....I mean, what? How in hells name are you supposed to get thru this bit? Dont get me wrong, love the atmosphere and detail and sheer knockabout fun of it but I do like to see what happens next, rather than having to reload about 20 times.

Sigh, yeah, I know - whadda wimp! Hey, there has to be a way. Any tips?

Use the shotgun - it's effective against the ghost. And focus on the ghost only, don't shoot the zombies - they're too slow, you can run around them.

Bakuda
06-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I got the full game, I dont hear alot from this game
It wasnt famous on IGN + Noone is on Multiplayer, Im starting to think this game will fail.

Regards, Qi