PDA

View Full Version : Wife - Mirabella or Feanora?

Dabrinko
02-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I've read about several "wife"-tactics, and that if you find several items, the sea dog (with the swiping attack) becomes quite an offensive asset, especially with a certain belt and the pirate wife, mirabella.

I have also tried the (in my former game) royal snakes with feanora and Royal snake ring, which were awesome until I switched to the elven wife.

Now, in this game...which tactic gives more punch?

Mirabella + "good for pirates items" + Sea dogs ("hordes" in the pirate castle) (Items include Chieftain's belt, jackboots, pirate flag (jolly roger?))

or

Feanora (in frog form) + Royal Snake ring + Royal Snakes? I also found the great druids staff, upgraded it gives +50% attack to animals (Royal snakes included, I suppose)

I play a wizard.

Dabrinko
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I did this crude calculation: (See attachment)

How is the attack damage calculated? Multipliers (percentages) first and additions (+3 damage/+5 attack) on top?

Because, in pure "attack" the RS is a tiny bit better than the Sea Dog...

Both have a nice attack thingy (lunge and swipe, respectively), but which one?

I have already played with the snakes in my previous game, so it's pure curiosity on my part. Right now, I'll switch to the sea dogs if I find all the items.

iregev
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I think you might have a small inaccuracy in the formula. for the RS you should (9+13)/2 and not 9+13/2.
Also you should include the the attack modifier

Dabrinko
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
ah, I'll have to look it over, then. No suggestions in what unit to use? Or both? And in that case, which wife? =)

jwallstone
02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I would go with Feonora and Royal Snakes. RS seem to be more powerful, the only exception being when Sea Dogs can hit three good targets at once. But in general, RS are much better in every other situation. The gear for Sea Dogs is fairly useless otherwise, since other pirates suck. But there are plenty of good animals to take advantage of the RS gear. Also, Feonora in human form gives +3 intellect, which is one of the better bonuses, and with you being a mage, is useful even after these two units are no longer used. Her item slots are also better for mages.

Dabrinko
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
That is good advice. I'll have to take that into account.

fld88
02-14-2009, 11:37 AM
I like to go with a strategy of getting Feanora and having kids. If they turn out well I keep her and if not I divorce her for Mirabella and do not have kids. Later, I would always marry Xena unless I have great kids with Feanora.

maltz
02-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Royal snake does not take losses = win.

Dabrinko
02-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Royal snakes do take losses and are in finite numbers. Sea Dogs are, on the other hand in "hordes" in the pirate castle. A bit of a hassle to get to, but still...

Regaring Children: Always get really bad children, Better to use the item slots for other things.

Thanks all for the advice!