PDA

View Full Version : Good idea to take demonesses if you have Anga's ruby?

Metathron
02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I currently have sprites, lake fairies, skeleton archers, elves and hunters. The last three have their attack doubled by the telescope.

Would it be a good idea to replace one of the shooter stacks with the demonesses? I'm kinda reluctant to do so, but would like to know what others think.

megajon
02-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I think it will work either way ya go... bear in mind you will need to take another rank in tollerance with the demonesses... but the switcheroo ability and the charm will offer more utility to your game... also the whip will make both her and your sprites/faeries whoppin things very well

maltz
02-09-2009, 06:29 AM
I tried the lady demons in my Paladin game. They are quite disappointing even with Anga's Ruby: (1) don't hit hard enough; (2) take losses easily as they are within striking range; (3) charm is cool but you can always cast the Hypnotize spell. Swap is fun for the first three times.

Metathron
02-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah, they're nothing special. I don't really know what to do with the swap special, so I hardly used it. I did use the other two, though. Especially charm was useful to neutralize an enemy stack so I could concentrate on something else, and also cast sacrifice on it to replenish my ranks.

P.S.: I ended up using an all demon army. It takes some getting used to, what with the lack of shooters, but they are durable and strong. Demons are one of the best troops in the game, that's for sure.

Dabrinko
02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Swap is useful with demons and Phantom.

Phantom your demons, swap the phantom with an easy unit (preferably a shooter) on the other side and then let the unlimited retaliation of the phantom demons get to use.

If you're a mage, complete it wíth a kamikaze.

megajon
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
or you could swap out one of thier shooters with thier dragon that rushed you turn one... knocking down the shooter and resetting the dragon one turn. Its a good utility ability to have if you can come up with some strats for it.

I left them out for my fem force... I am currently doing tryouts for an open spot... using dryad, sprite, faerie, royal thorns... I tried druids they were ok... I tried ancient ents to and... I liked the druids better... about to take a rank of tollerance and try out necromancers or perhaps 2 ranks and try out archdemons or demons... I finally found sacrifice to replinish thier numbers.

Metathron
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Those are some good strategies for swapping. Thanks.

I dislike druids, they are pretty weak. But I guess those summoned bears can be real handy for sacrifice.

megajon
02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
can't sac summoned monsters =(

gotta hypno/sac or charm/sac

one more decent utility for demonesses... but then again druids can charm beasts... which are about as common as humanoids.

but ya, the druids sure were weak. I am hopin the necros won't be so weak.. and thier summon dead ability might come in handy. Sprite knocks something down... necro summons a meat shield right in front of her to absorb the retaliation from thier 2nd rank fighters.

Metathron
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh, dang, that stinks! You can sacrifice charmed beasts, at least?

OGKingsBounty92
02-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I've been using a combo of 10 Arch Demons, 95 Demons, 140 or so Demoness and 130 Necromancers and I destroyed everything for a long time with that setup. I got to build $1.4 mil from battles and hardly had to replenish them. Necromancers, Demons and Arch Demons are insane with Demons being my favorite.

I summon demons with my demon and then use swap, hit from Necromancer (which has an exellent ranged attack) and clean up with the Arch Demons they have as much hit points as dragons and teleport anywhere on the board. I'm at the labyrinth now and finding it a little difficult keeping my troops (I'm a warrior so I can't resurrect or heal well) but I can still win every battle.

Vilk
04-28-2009, 08:07 PM
This (old) thread make me use demoness in demon land with a strange mix:
Demoness + Dryad + Ancient Vampire + Knight knowing Circle Attack + Lake Fairy (zero Sprite in my current game otherwise perhaps Sprite instead of Lake Fairy or Knight) and in reserve Lake Fairy and Knight.

Yes obviously with Anga's ruby but anyway lol that mix is fun, zero long range but dam powerful anyway.