PDA

View Full Version : Quest pointer mod?

aland
02-06-2009, 06:29 AM
I'm sorry if i'm repeating someones post but my question is is it possible to somehow create mod that will create quest marker? At some point of the game it is very hard to even remember who had given quest?

Thanks!

Keneth
02-06-2009, 01:59 PM
No and no it isn't. :roll: What could be done however, for people like yourself who don't pay enough attention to remember and are too lazy to search afterwards, is write the general location of the quest giver at the end of quest description in the log.

Sir Whiskers
02-06-2009, 02:24 PM
... for people like yourself who don't pay enough attention to remember and are too lazy to search afterwards....

You do realize, don't you, that you can easily provide useful information without being snarky? Thousands of people do it every day across the internet.

Just a bit of constructive criticism.

Keneth
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm afraid it's in my blood. :-P

Sir Whiskers
02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm afraid it's in my blood. :-P

Fair enough. For what it's worth, the information you provide has been helpful, especially with some minor modding I've done for my own game.

MAXIMVS
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't forget that you can add annotations to the map by left clicking on the spot you want to put a comment.

City Builder
02-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Don't forget that you can add annotations to the map by left clicking on the spot you want to put a comment.

Thanks I didn't know that, Im going to start makig annotations whenever I pick up a quest on the map so that I can get back. By the end of the game no visible part of the map should be left I think ;)

mejobloggs
03-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I found it quite strange that the map didn't have quest markers. I just automatically assumed it would mark the point where I received a quest, so I've just been running around accepting all the quests I can find

Now I'm totally lost :p haha

Nike-it
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I found it quite strange that the map didn't have quest markers. I just automatically assumed it would mark the point where I received a quest, so I've just been running around accepting all the quests I can find

Now I'm totally lost :p haha

If you have problems with finding different places, you can always use the walkthrough at GameBanshee (http://www.gamebanshee.com/kingsbountythelegend/walkthrough.php). And also we welcome any questions in the Adventure Mode part of forum.

DaDoom
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
This game needs more info in the journal. If you take on 10 quests and for some reason can't play for a week it's damn hard to find anything without looking up each and every name in some forum. Having to add map markers manually is just a cheap way to dilate total game time and doesn't add any fun to the experience. If by all means it should not be possible to add quest markers automatically then at least provide more detailed info in the journal. "Return the crown to the King Harl" just isn't not enough.

I just hope they'll add such a feature in the add on.

Nike-it
04-01-2009, 05:51 AM
This game needs more info in the journal. If you take on 10 quests and for some reason can't play for a week it's damn hard to find anything without looking up each and every name in some forum. Having to add map markers manually is just a cheap way to dilate total game time and doesn't add any fun to the experience. If by all means it should not be possible to add quest markers automatically then at least provide more detailed info in the journal. "Return the crown to the King Harl" just isn't not enough.

I just hope they'll add such a feature in the add on.

This problem is solved in Add-on, you won't need to search for appropriate building anymore.

mejobloggs
04-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice, what is this add on you speak of?

Nike-it
04-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Nice, what is this add on you speak of?

Look here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=131
It is the add-on to King's Bounty which is going to be released in Russia within a week. The European and US releases are not confirmed yet.