PDA

View Full Version : please help friends I can`t beat undead

dukenukem
02-05-2009, 09:43 AM
hi everbody.King`s bounty the legend amazing game i have seen since many years.

Last day i started to play on impossible with mage.When i came to necro castle undead general was level 25 at-20,de-25,int-15 and his army strenght 130 knights,150 necros,2000 skeleton war.,1000 skeleton arc.,100+ vamphirs,150+ ghost.

My leadership was 16000,level 22 at-12,de-22,int-27 and my army 80 horseman,80 knights from demonis,700 dryads,80 shamans,70 arc mages.

may be i tried with 10 different army kind.But i could not accomplish this duty.

and my higher magic,magic power,chaos vs. was full.

Please give me some tactics to beat undead general...:confused::evil:

Nike-it
02-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Try to look in this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4342

Zonc
02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
My squad against Karador was:
1) snakes
2) royal snakes
both boosted with "royal snake ring" which gives +3 dmg, royals have no retaliation
3) dryads
boosted with "Anga's Ruby", no retaliation
4) pirates
Their "sweeping strike" is very useful in "crowded" areas
5) black unicorns
Holy strike +30% dmg to undead

I do not recommend inquisitors/priests since they're very poor in hand-to-hand combat. To be precise, any shooting unit will be useless.
As a mage i used Fire Rain, Phantom, maybe Blind on skeleton archers
Royal Snakes turned out to be most damaging unit, when unicorns were killed in a middle of the fight (could used ancient ents instead)

Good Luck ;)

megajon
02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
regular old swamp snakes? I currently have 2 snake rings and wouldn't use em. I would opt for orc vets, black knights, griffins, or ceribi (I totally agree with your choice of sea dogs for the same reason)

maltz
02-09-2009, 05:45 AM
(1) Come back later, when you are about level 26 (two more leadership boosts). Clean the enemies in all other places.

(2) Bring higher level melee units to outlast your enemy.
- Emerald dragon - awesome for mana recharge
- Horsemen
- Griffin
- Black unicorn
- Royal snakes (if you use frog wife)

(3) In my game, my phantom units were hyptonized immediately, so it didn't work.

(4) My dryads were casted "fear" and rendered useless - no good.

(5) Don't worry about losses - you can buy most of these units in unlimited quantities anyway.

dukenukem
02-10-2009, 04:03 AM
hi everbody.I hope 1cpublishing will contunie to product K.Bounty series.Because, as for me, this game is best strategy-rpg game for all times.

thanks maltz and other friends for your informations.

But I think to beat necro general these tactics is not enough.I need more improved tactics and informations.For example may be firstly i have to destroy cyristal but how.If i concentrate the cyristal enemy strenght very powerful.What is the cyristal effect on the creatures.If it is possible can you write turn to turn informations.So for first turn what will i do,for second vs.
Otherwise very hard to beat.thanks.:o

maltz
02-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Destroying the crystal is quite a slow process.
I think you should just focus on fighting the stacks.

Good combos are:

(1) Take heavy loss + Time Back. This is probably the best rage spell on higher difficulties.

(2) Mass Magic Shackle (lv 3 distortion). This stops the necromancers from reviving other units. Very useful.

(3) Glot's armor / Wall / Ice thorns. They are barriers to buy you a turn or two. The most basic armor and wall are the best - as they are the cheapest.

(4) Resurrect troops back. If you have emerald dragons you can easily recharge mana. Mana is the key in such a long fight.

Then it is the optimization of artifacts and units.

For example, if you get the Ring of Snake (King after upgrade), you can use Frog wife + 2 snake stacks. (Get the plain snake, not the swamp. They are poison based and don't work well on undead). The frog wife is really good as you can carry a lot of +mana artifacts. What special artifacts do you use?

I think your leadership and stats are better than my mage on impossible at this particular point in the game. So it shouldn't be a problem.

dukenukem
02-25-2009, 07:35 AM
nooooo i m sorry i could not pass the necro castle with mage who was very strong as well.because my attack and defense strengt was very low for general.i gave up to try.i think now it is impossible or i dont have enough experince.Really they did very hard this section.But why????And i started now with paladin because he has holy anger ability and big advantage during playing against demon and necros.i will try again.thanks for comments...

maltz
02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I went back to my old impossible mage save and tried the battle with different unit / artifact selections. Indeed this fight is very difficult.

I was pretty lucky to get the artifact that converts 5 Rage into 5 Mana every turn. Without that artifact I couldn't win - mana runs out. I also had two Ring of Snake King which made my snakes pretty effective guaridans. This is one thing that I really don't like this "strategy" game - too much luck. I think it may be worthwhile for you to go to Demonis first and see what artifacts you can pick up from the shops and castles - and level up to about 28. Complete all other quests you can to boost your rune and skills, too.

The key is to lower the health of the necromancers and skeleton archers as soon as possible - but you don't want to wipe out them completely or they'll get raised back to a pretty big number. I used the "teleport - time back" combo - very effective. After they are weakened you can concentrate on the crystal. When maxed Time out takes 20 rage and 3 turns to rest.

The hardest hitting unit are the lv4 dark knights. You CANNOT let them touch you (as you probably have seen, each hit takes 10,000 from your stack). The easiest way is to let a weak enemy blocking their way to you. Use spells to slow them down or Trap. With some patience in reloading you will know exactly where they are going.

Here comes my recommended action:

Turn 1. Rage: heavy ice thorn on the floor. Sheep (Lv 3) the necromancers. Teleport out my hitter stack to attack the necromancers. You expect to take out about 1/3 of that stack. Use ranged power to weaken the skeleton archers. Move a unit to the vacancy left by your power stack so the enemy bone dragon doesn't fly there.

Turn 2: Slow down the larger dark knight stack as well as the zombies. Keep hitting the necromancers. At the end of the turn, move away your vacancy-guarding stack and Time Back. Most of the enemy stacks have been attracted to your decoy - great.

Turn 3: Sheep the necromancer again. Keep hitting the resurrected dragon (now you have your power hitter back). Killing the reraised unit is actually a good way to deplete the enemy hero's mana (later on you want to move a unit to take the dragon spot). Use wall to slow down the advancing enemy more. Keep weakening the enemy skeleton archers.

Turn 4-5: Teleport out your power hitter and hit the necromancers and time back. Remember you don't want to kill the stack. Keep weakening the skeleton archers. Use Trap to avoid getting the hit. Use Glot's armor to avoid getting another hit.

Turn 6 to end: The enemy has reached you. Remember you don't want to wipe out a weak stack. By now you should have occupied the dragon's slot - so the enemy hero will instead reraise the stack you just wiped out - since it is weak, you are safe. They are here to provide cushion. Keep resurrecting troops back and use Teleport + Timeback to get rid of the 20000HP crystal AND to distract enemies. You need two such cycles. Then it is a slow process of wearing down the enemy.

- Keep magic spring up on some melee stack so you get the recharge.

- Make good use of time back (write down the number of your units at the beginning of every turn so you don't waste a Time Back chance.) I love to cast Magic Spring on a stack and Time Back to get free magic spring (and mana) back.

Sharog
03-01-2009, 03:57 AM
Actually u can use ranged unit just fine, i went with shaman, hunter, royal thorn, griffin and arch mage.

Tactic:
#1 tower up behind the barricade with griffin on the otherside.
#2 send in griffin in front line to soak dmg.
#3, box urself up with summoned plants and totem (u probably need to wipe out some bone dragon in order to complete the build in)
#4, upkeep the griffin tank with mana spring and other necessary buffs (like the archmage shield)
#5, all range unit kill the crystal first (toke me about 4-5 turns)
#6, use time back / sacrifise to replenish the griffin stack.
#7, camp till crystal is destroyed + karador out of mana
#8, weaken the ranged unit after crystal is dead and when karador run out of mana u can then kill off the necro and the rest.

with this tactic u only take direct dmg from necro/archer and 3 random enemy melee + 1-2 bone dragon stack dmg.

with some luck u wont get a darkknight stack on u since they have so poor initiative.

Although in my game i do have the -30% griffin leadership requirement item.
combined with -50% from archmage shield and other buffs it can take quite some punishment and dish out alot of retaliation attacks.

dukenukem
03-02-2009, 09:09 AM
hi everbody especially maltz...As i stated already i gave up to play with mage,and i started with paladin.As i guessed holy anger ability really really deathly for demons and necros.Yesterday i closed demonis gate.

But i realized necro castle army is random.In my old game with mage there were 150 necromances but with paladin there were 54 necros.But in first there were 1000 archers,in second there were 2000 archers.Maybe army random but total army health is always same.

I mean with paladin i have 17 att.(actually 17att.+15 h.a.a=32 att.),30 def.,11 int.,Althought i tried to fight in night time for night operations ability (+6 att. and def.) i missed the night.But Really easly i won the fight my leadership between 17k-18k.And army 101-Cannoners(99 survived),800+ dryads(600+ survived),2000+lake fries(700+ survived),250+king snakes(all died),250+elf archers(all died)...

I have to advice cannoners.They are really really very overpowering unit.Especially for buildings they are fatal especially after you get artifact that is incearing 100% archer attacks.

Now i understand in the game in impossible best hero character is paladin.
Yesterday i remember my total gold more than 3M.I used very easy tactic.
Dryad,snake king and archers with cannoners.So, as you know dryad is making sleepy level 1-3 enemies.And with soul stealing every turn 30% i dont have any casualties. When sleppy units wake up their counts are only a few pieces.And i beated demon princess and baal very very easly.Holy anger ability realy best ability in the game for impossible game.

Thanks to everbody...

propetba
10-21-2009, 01:16 PM
I accept with information:Good combos are:Take heavy loss + Time Back. This is probably the best rage spell on higher difficulties.
Mass Magic Shackle (lv 3 distortion). This stops the necromancers from reviving other units. Very useful.
Glot's armor / Wall / Ice thorns. They are barriers to buy you a turn or two. The most basic armor and wall are the best - as they are the cheapest.

BB Shockwave
10-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Agreed for most of the points. The keys to winning the battle is:

-Good unit composition. You'll want hard-hitting melee units for this battle, the "Bone" ability of the skeletons/bone dragons and the high defense of Karador makes ranged units inflict much less damage.

-Wipe out the stack of bone dragons in the first round before Karador can act. He will 100% certainly raise them - you can kill them again every round, making sure he will not cast Hypnotize or damage spells! He will always prefer the dragons to raising lower level units.

-Slow down the melee units with Ice Thorns - Black Knights wasted 5 rounds for me to get through them.

-Shamans are a key to the battle. Put totems on dead bodies (except bone dragons) to prevent raising.

-Kill everything and leave the crystal for last, then let the crystal resurrect one stack only, and use Rage Taking. Use Chargers from the gained rage, resurrect fallen stacks with this! Make sure you kill the raised stack before Karador could cast a spell when that unit gets his turn.

-I used (Level 25 paladin) Royal Snakes (with Feanora and Royal Snake ring), Griffins (Griffin Banner let me recruit more, they are your decoy/tank unit for this battle), Shamans (see above), Black Dragons (use them wisely, avoid getting hit/retaliated by strong units, use wake of fire against fire-weak troops like skeletons), Black Unicrons (good damage against undead).

iregev
10-22-2009, 01:02 PM
a good setup that worked for me was:
priests, Inquistors, Necromancers, sprites and dryad.
First turn blind the necromancers and the shooters kill enemy skellies, the Necromancers raise dead twice then time back. - The enemy hordes barely made it through the gates because the shooters killed them and the necromancers raised them again.

Ymarsakar
09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
A few tricks I used was to use my own necromancers to resurrect their bone dragons first. If I couldn't do that, I would step on the corpse with one of my troops and never leave.

The tanks were ancient vampires and red dragons. For the crystal, as a mage, I used a demon portal which summoned demoness, and used them to attack the crystal every round or so while the rest of my army fought off the enemy stacks.